The online racing simulator
1990 Opel Calibra
This is my first car that I have made in Blender and also my first mod. I decided to make a car with a simple design such the Opel Calibra. I have been working on this for the past 5 days I think and I am satisfied with what the mesh looks like right now Smile.

The exterior of the car is,I'd say 60% completed.The back bumper is not completed, the windows are not made yet as well as the lights and details(mirrors , antenna etc.).

Propably the model will not be ready for some time since I want to make corrections on the mesh before it enters the editor Big grin .
Some screenshots...
Attached images
Screenshot (121).png
Screenshot (131).png
Screenshot (132).png
Screenshot (133).png
well ok but
- screenshots dont show a modelling process, only a finished mesh
- I dont know you, but I have a hard time believing that this kind of low poly topology is made by a newbie modeler. I have never seen a beginner doing good low polys from scratch, this needs a fair bit of experience.

It would be nice if you could post more pictures from the actual modelling to dispell any doubts
Quote from turbofan :well ok but...

Firstly I should admit that this is not my first attempt at making a car,I tried making another car few weeks ago but it failed because the topology was really a mess that's why I abandoned it.That's why I said it's the first one.Sorry I had to make it clear.I will also provide some other older screenshots I have and didn't upload.

Secondly, as I said , it's not my first attmept, I have made a lot of mistakes in my previous one that I avoided in the new one . I have also wathched a lot of youtube tutorials and lessons, that cover not only how to make it but also what to avoid.Apart from lessons about car modelling I have been watching general Blender lessons from January , so you can understand this is not my first time with Blender

I am sorry for not being clear in the first post.

The attached screenshots are the last ones I've got.
Attached images
Screenshot (111).png
Screenshot (113).png
Screenshot (120).png
Screenshot (118).png
Screenshot (115).png
Here are also some screenshots from my first attempt, it's a different car but you can see the mess..
Attached images
Screenshot (104).png
Screenshot (103).png
Screenshot (106).png
now that is much more convincing, good job
Not an expert but I'd say work more on topology, it pays off. Anyway it still looks pretty good, especially if u didn't have much prior experience. Excited to see this car in LFS, good luck! Smile
Quote from BlueChewbacca :Not an expert but I'd say work more on topology, it pays off. Anyway it still...

Thanks!Smile

Improvements on the topology are my next step after I finish making the windows, since I don't want it to be messy when I start with further details.There are many triangles and pentagons that cause issues to the shading and there are many unecessary loopcuts that I want to remove.
Update:

The most obvious source of the bad shading was from the front and rear fenders and the issues would spread to the side of the car.Because of that, reshaping the fenders wasn't enough, so I had to rework a big part of the side.

Another cause of the issues was from the rubber bumpers on the side, front and top of the car that I had made connected to the car. To eliminate the problem they will be made and attached separately (which to be honest I should have thought from the start).

It certainly looks more smooth nowSmile.

I just started remodelling the front bumper and the rear will follow next.
Attached images
Screenshot (144).png
Screenshot (146).png
Screenshot (147).png
Screenshot (148).png
#10 - AR92
Quote from Hector.S :Update...

you can make it little bit more high poly man, after all its better for shading, normals and surface quality. Not much high poly but not much low poly like this too, i believe you can find a reasonable poly count around like 15-20k (maybe little bit more) polys for body and same goes for interior too, maybe 10-15 k for interior too and voila! So consider making a subdivision modifier or subdivide it manually for better polycount control. also good and underrated car choose, im really looking forward to drive this. Heart
Interesting choice. Looking forward to seeing the completed project. Please keep us posted with updates; good luck!
Update
Hello!

I couldn't work on the model in the past few days so the progress isn't much, mostly corrections and reworks.

Next will be the lights, mirrors,plates,rubber bumpers etc.These are the ones that I haven't done a lot of research since I only watched tutorials for the main body.Apparently it will take a little bit more.

Also thank you for the supportBig grin
Attached images
Screenshot (166).png
Screenshot (164).png
Screenshot (168) - Copy.png
Screenshot (176).png
Screenshot (171).png
Screenshot (166).png
Screenshot (177).png
Update
Finally the exterior is finished (excluding license plates which I will model later and add as subobjects and exhaust which I will model after I fill the floor)Smile

I also had to remade a part of the rear bumper and also the windows which are now separate objects. Hood,lights,badges,rubber bumpers and antenna are also separate objects.

I will now start the interior but I will make corrections in the exterior if I notice anything strange.Big grin
Attached images
Screenshot (200).png
Screenshot (198).png
Screenshot (194).png
Screenshot (193).png
Screenshot (192).png
Screenshot (201).png
Screenshot (189).png
Screenshot (186).png
Screenshot (181).png
Screenshot (179).png
Screenshot (180).png
Screenshot (156).png
Screenshot (171).png
Update
Alright,the modelling part is almost finishedTilt.

After remaking some panels for smoother shading, I modelled the interior and then tested in the editor only to find out that the vertices were over the limit.So I made some parts simpler and remodelled some.Then made some small things and filled some holes.

For some parts since they are very similar I will use the XRG ones.Specifically shifter, front seats,rearview mirror and wipers.

The last parts to model are: exhaust,License plates and Steering Wheel.

I also had the idea of making diffrent configurations for the 1989-1993 version and the 1994-1997 (Facelift).The main difference are the badges.

I want to model the remaining parts first before importing to the editor just to check if they're okay for the triangle limit.Smile
Attached images
Screenshot (283).png
Screenshot (281).png
Screenshot (280).png
Screenshot (278).png
Screenshot (277).png
Screenshot (270).png
Screenshot (218).png
Screenshot (285).png
Mod is out for review!

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG