The online racing simulator
Kn or Mouse?
(19 posts, started , go to first unread)
Kn or Mouse?
ive been a Kn user for some time and i really like the control but ive realised after lots of laps on BL1 that
im hitting a wall. (1.34.1x avg)

ive been thinking of switching to mouse and i tried it today but the avg laps were really slow, it was kind of frustrating.

what do you guys think?
by the way, XRG is the car im using.
Mouse gives you way much more control.

It's natural that it will take you some time to readjust.
Everytime you change your controler setup you have to learn to drive again with it. It's well worth it, and the learning curve is a bit less steep with a mouse+keys, but eventualy you'll beat your kn pb.
IMO Ks is a bit better because it do precise corrections for u.
Still mouse is the best controll and u don't need to dance on keyboard to adjust how quick u want to steer Wink
Save up for a wheel and learn to love the game once again. It will be worth it. Preferably a Direct Drive and stay away from Logicrap. gg
Depends
One car and one track(bl1) = use any controller setup u comfortable with
Want something more = $$$
Quote from MousemanLV :Save up for a wheel and learn to love the game once again. It will be worth it...

Low torque DD aren't really better... They just don't develop torque quick enough so they feel a bit spongy, rubbery and FFB is less precise. It will be responsive but not precise as 15+Nm DD.
Even if u set 20Nm DD to 8Nm it gona feel better than 8Nm DD.

I have comparation between CSL DD 8Nm, Moza R9 and CSW v2.5.
CSW feels the most direct and precise... and it's not direct drive.
Quote from versiu :Low torque DD aren't really better... They just don't develop torque quick...

Even Kn or mouse will show u more precise feeling than a DD wheel if u have FFB clipping or messed up wheel settings
Quote from MousemanLV :Save up for a wheel and learn to love the game once again. It will be worth it...

elvis is wrong as usual just learn mouse and you will be faster than him even with his expensive wheel
Quote from versiu :Low torque DD aren't really better... They just don't develop torque quick...

That's simply not true. Just set your ffb to be lower so it doesn't clip. Simple as that.
Mouse has an easier learning curve. You'll get as good as you were with keyboard soon.
Quote from paket42x :Even Kn or mouse will show u more precise feeling than a DD wheel if u have FFB...

Quote from MousemanLV :That's simply not true. Just set your ffb to be lower so it doesn't clip. Simple as that.

I wasn't talking about clipping...
BLDC motors needs rotation to output full torque. Stepper motors can output lot of torque from any point but they have lot of disadvantages from FFB/simracing point of view.
Slew rate tells u how much time motor needs to output specific amount of torque. Quicker = tighter, more precise FFB, especially feeling of tyre grip.

Sometimes stronger wheel can feel weaker because of it. Motor just dosen't have enough time between FFB effects Wink

Clipping is another thing. More torque = more dynamic range which is good if u want increase fidelity but if u go too far u gonna end with too heavy and too lazy motor Tongue
Quote from versiu :I wasn't talking about clipping.....

Yep, exactly
Thats why mouse+pedals is a WR configBig grin
Quote from versiu :I wasn't talking about clipping.....

Using near maximum peak torque on a DD wheel for simracing is not ideal. For most drivers they don't go beyond 40% gain on their DD wheel, making it feel light yet giving enough info. Which is already more than needed to get good understanding of what the car is doing. A 5nm DD wheel is plenty if you set it up right.
thank you all for the good feedback, but well my situation is strange.
i use mouse steering on all other tracks so im really familiar with it already.
but for BL1 specifically ive used Kn for years. (i have different accounys, forgot password of some) so im just cemented onto that conttol atp, but i guess you guys have helped me realise the supremacy of mouse.
thanks alot for the help everyone, i may get a mouse + pedals config soon.
Quote from cakie_ :thank you all for the good feedback, but well my situation is strange...

I have been using mouse+pedals for about 5years now, it took some time to get used to pedals,mostly because its loadcell one, but after a while i just become faster,and by a quite good margin.

Na-na
i use keyboard and mouse
I used to play with Kn for years too, but then sometime I switched to full mouse (pedals and steering). It took some time to get used to it (especially to pedals) but now it's very pleasant to drive with mouse. I never looked back to Kn since then.

Mouse also gives much more control on both steering and pedals.

You can also try to alter multiplers for axises (higher multiplers will rotate/depress more with same amount of mouse dragging)

Kn or Mouse?
(19 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG