The online racing simulator
Ddoss back in 2010 to 2024.
(32 posts, closed, started )
Quote from MousemanLV :Just accept the fact that there are many aspects where LFS lacks and we can't do nothing about it.

Funny and very ironic you say this,because I am one of those who accepted the way LFS is (hence my free time input with all the events without intention to search for "greener fields") while you're one of those who moan about everything,complain how slow devs are and praise how good everything is in other sims.
But hey,don't worry,it's just another 3rd grader type of answer.
Quote from Flame CZE :LFS already uses CloudFlare for the website. I think it gets more complex when...

Heck, Valve's whole solution to DDoS with DOTA2/CS was to literally go and create their own private network that game servers live inside and you authenticate and connect through Gateway endpoints that then deliver your traffic to the game server. In theory, if LFS did have a Steam version, Scawen could actually place all of LFS' gameservers inside of Steam's private network and allow non-Steam users to access those servers but it's also a lot of work + Steam version.

https://partner.steamgames.com/doc/features/multiplayer/steamdatagramrelay
Quote from gu3st :Heck, Valve's whole solution to DDoS with DOTA2/CS was to literally go and...

man you are chalk full of usefull information. I appreciate it!
Let the servers from LFS running via the dedicated servers of hostslick.com, they provide ddos protection till 2TB. They are good to use.
did it only start after centralizing the server hosting or did people ddos each others' lfs servers before?
been happenning way before the move to lfs provided hosting
can we lock thread please?
This thread is closed

Ddoss back in 2010 to 2024.
(32 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG