The online racing simulator
Quote from Marcin4113 :Hello stuchlo...

Glad you like it Smile I have a complete technical documentation from repair manuals and homologation papers, such as complete wheel alignment data and even suspension damping forces are computed according to factory values. However, I have some questions about some spatial measurements, because I was not able to find exact distances presented in the image (currently the distances are closely approximated according to tech drawings and lot of photos, but it is not completely exact). All measurements should be taken from the middle of a mount. If you could measure some of these, it would be very helpful Smile

(images taken from owners manual and FIA Homologation archives)

Kit Car Progress: working on an original FIA homologated rollcage (the previous was not historically accurate)

Attached images
felicia_distances.jpg
felda_progress_38.jpg
Kit Car progress: Added welds between roll-cage bars. Refined bumper and fifth-door shading.

Attached images
felda_progress_39.jpg
Looking great Stuchlo
Quote from timdecnodder :Looking great Stuchlo

Thanks for support Smile

Kit Car progress: reworked steering wheel, added minor details, started with clocks and mirrors.
Attached images
felda_progress_40.jpg
love it. apart from suspension, will there be tuned engine
Quote from superlame :love it. apart from suspension, will there be tuned engine

It will be historically accurate 173bhp rally car. For example Stig Blomqvist used to drive one of these Smile

Kit Car progress: reworked mirrors, refined mudguard and bumper shading, added a skin support, recalculated tire size, updated physics, added configuration without lamps for rallycross and created a first default racing skin. Exterior of the car is nearly finished, but interior and physics still need a lot of difficult work. Drives nicely, just a little slower than FBO class. Not sure if it is caused by my personal setup, but the car is very tailhappy (IRL it was famous for "drifting" to the podium despite being FWD only).

Attached images
felda_progress_41.jpg
Kit Car progress: refined steering wheel and rollcage details, filled interior holes, added a fuel tank and an almost complete set of colorful skins. Added an additional rallycross taillights into a rallycross configuration.

Attached images
felda_progress_42.jpg
can we have a configuration with s_plate_alp on the side of rear windows to put drivers name? Like on real cars
Quote from superlame :can we have a configuration with s_plate_alp on the side of rear windows to put...

Thanks for the good idea, I will try to add that into a special config Smile

Edit: Reworked available configs according to the suggestion Smile
Attached images
felda_progress_43.jpg
Kit car progress: added brake calipers and windshield wipers from XFG. Tried to create a model of a racing seat according to some catalogue photos but failed miserably. Therefore I have modified XRT seat to match the Kit Car seat at the end.
Attached images
felda_progress_44.jpg
Are there door panels on the real kit car? Maybe weight reduction by removing the plastic sh*t, just leave the door handle to open door Big grin
It looks perfect Omg omg omg
Quote from superlame :Are there door panels on the real kit car? Maybe weight reduction by removing...

I use photos from a restoration of an original kit car from a Czech facebook page "renovace-veteranu.cz" and FIA homologation archives as references and it looks like front doors had the same plastic parts as a stock model, while the rear doors had a custom black replacement. BTW, once I had to replace broken door handles and had to disassemble both doors on one side and those panels were surprisingly light.
whats left on the mod, i kinda want to test it already Big grin also can you include all of the tires so from slick to knobbly tires
Quote from superlame :whats left on the mod, i kinda want to test it already Big grin also can you include...

A complete interior and rollcage shading, some textures, dashboard small details such as a fuse box or various indicators and a lot of suspension tuning. I cannot publish an unfinished car, because I need a quality approval from the manufacturer. Also, I do not want to hurry the process much as this will be my last mod (from now on, I am planning to update my older works only, I have too many mods already). However, if everything will go smoothly, the car could be ready in one or two months Smile

Kit Car progress: started working on interior mappings and shading. Seats are finished.
Attached images
felda_progress_45.jpg
Kit Car progress: started drawing an interior body sheet metal texture with an ambient occlusion. Did a few tests with slick tires. Improved rallycross setup using AI drivers tests.
Attached images
felda_progress_46.jpg
Your attention to detail is amazing! Thumbs up
Thanks for support Smile

Kit Car progress: added rollcage ambient occlusion and some minor details. Created a shading experiment with a translucent (not transparent) and skinnable sunshield. Used n.c.l level to flip normals, while not flipping the triangles, which approximates diffusion of sunlight in the material. In the picture there is a shading comparison with XF GTR.

Attached images
felda_progress_47.jpg
That little sunshield experiment looks quite nice

Love the attention to detail like Flame said

Škoda Felicia
(95 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG