The online racing simulator
#1 - Pasci
(3D printed) Logitech G27 Mod to better drive motor cycles
Hello

I'm working on a mod for the G27 steering wheel to make it easier to drive motorcycles in LFS (and of course other simulations) without having to make a big investment. Of course, this doesn't make driving motorcycles more realistic, but it does make it easier. Smile Previous versions/attempts have been a lot of fun.

The only component that was purchased is the dark gray plastic tube that serves as the handlebar.

The following components are from the 3D printer:
- The mount on the steering wheel (2x including clips) (PLA)
- The handles (TPU)
- The gear extensions (PLA)

The 3D objects (STL) will probably be made available on thingiverse.com later. I'll keep you updated. In any case, I'm looking forward to your feedback.

By the way: The pictures no longer represent the current "development status". Adjustments/improvements have already been made.

A video demo of what it will actually look like will follow as soon as possible.

In the meantime: Have a nice weekend
Attached images
wheel-mod-1.jpg
wheel-mod-2.jpg
wheel-mod-3.jpg
Interesting, tnx for sharing.
#3 - Pasci
Thanks for your feedback

Not my best race but probably good enough for the demo of the mod. Smile At times I drove OK, at times really badly.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=djmDr7fqO-A

But what I noticed in all the tests of the mod and various bikes is that the tires get way too hot very quickly. Regardless of whether it's a street or race setup?! Is that still a problem with the current tire physics? What are your experiences?
Yes, this will be hopefuly fixed with new tire physics update.
#5 - Pasci
Most things now work as intended. The current parts look like this.

Next I will upload the 3D files. The link (thingiverse.com) will follow at the next opportunity.

If anyone is wondering why the parts are so strangely colored: There is currently a "Rainbow" filament inserted in the printer and I didn't feel like changing it. Smile
Attached images
20241007-all-parts.jpg
20241007-all-parts-mounted.jpg
20241007-handlebar-complet.jpg
20241007-handle-mount.jpg
20241007-shifter-extension.jpg
3d-preview.jpg
3d-preview-shifter.jpg
#6 - Pasci

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG