The online racing simulator
Sim Touring Car Cup Round 1
(161 posts, started )
Please dont quote that, it'll just bring up more pages in their search.

EDIT: Thank you
Pointless hack, sigh, bored kids are such a liability, they need to get a wheel and a license!

Really excellent video, a good watch, and a million times better than anything that's on channels 1-5 99% of the time in the UK!!!

Thank you very much indeed for doing such a 1st place job.

Thank you to all those who have given such positive feedback, I only wish you tube viewers felt the same (currently rated as 2* ).

The hack is very frustrating, the entire host has been hacked so I assume it's a server vulnerability. It could not have happened at a worse time as i'm talking to some big firms to try and accomodate our bandwidth for releasing the high quality version in the future . Ho hum, I just hope I can get it fixed before Monday and that they dont look over the weekend.

I'm stuck on the forums atm and need to wait for the host to restore from backup, I think he's effected the database and not the files and as I dont have access to the site's back end I can't fix that.
not sure who voted for 2 (i just put in a 5 but it didnt affect it ), but youve had 400 views which isnt to shabby!
I managed to fix it, but i'm putting the forums into maintenance mode because the hosts are likely to restore from backup and that would result in lost posts. Not bad though, all up and running inside 50 minutes Now I just need to do all my other domains !
If it helps anything, would it be possible to get a STCC sponsor?
Surely some company is interested in the several thousand hits this will generate during the season. That can help you to finance the league and I'm sure that sponsor-advertisment on the cars won't decrease the professional look at all.
Think about Logitech, your hoster, etc. If the need arises we might even be able to give the sponsor a 20 seconds advertisment in the stream. This all shouldn't turn into a commercial thing and the there shouldn't be a price-money for the championship, but the raised funds could be used to afford more traffic and thus maintain better quality.
Just spend some thoughts about it when you've got the time. No need to make haste yet. I posted the idea here so unrelated people can comment on it.

Vain
As things stand we can carry on as we are by me closing down Banshee Studios, but for expansion in terms of delivering a high quality video feed and in coping with traffix growth we do need a series partner. I'm in talks with several people already to try and make this happen but it is still too early to announce anything.

I can say the initial response has been comforting and there are at least three very real possibilities at this time.
Quote from Vain :Think about Logitech

/me stops bitching about re-calibrating momo's
The Google Video has been approved and is yearning for your 5* ratings .
Quote from Becky Rose : I love that music, it was especially recorded just for us !

It was actually really good, I thought

Very professional cut - I thought the camera was a bit snappy at times (i.e. cutting down to further down the field), but thats an extremely minor point.

Extremely professionally commentated, and organised, although you did seem to develop a love for the word "leery" Tristan I'll certainly be tuning in for the next race

I guess this "professional" aspect is what I've been missing all these years. Damn you lack of time *shakes fist*

Becky, on the video front; have you considered BitTorrent (sorry if its already been suggested)?
I just downloaded the Google Video Player and the quality is pretty good, it's certainly the best [public] way to watch the race so far in terms of image quality.
Yes. I also tuned into the google-video and it looks nice.

Vain
I agree, the Google version has turned out really well. I'm very impressed indeed. Google strikes again. They really seem to do everything they do, really rather well!

Becky, you should add the Google version link to the first post, to distribute the load a bit.
I did .
The STCC forums are back up and running again, it looks like all the posts are still there, I think...
I just realized, in the intro, my skin is featured rather often. Looks like a very good Broadcast Becky and Tristan, Make your voice deeper :P
Hey this is great work, nice comentating
TristanCliffe you should definetly coment MoE! hey youre eaven good enough to coment on Eurosport

btw poor Green, bad luck, congrat to winner
Quote from Alles :btw poor Green, bad luck, congrat to winner

yeh, Chris may have been "lucky" to win, but he was stuck on my backside like glue at the end, its just a shame that Bean0 (cant remember the name!) was taken out in his blue-and-white fxo, as he has the speed to be in the fight for first which would of made some great racing, but alas it was not to be
If I commentated on MoE, it wouldn't just be the drivers mastering endurance... I think it would kill me!
Quote from tristancliffe :If I commentated on MoE, it wouldn't just be the drivers mastering endurance... I think it would kill me!

Poor Mike ... did nearly 2 and a half hours of a 3 hour LFS GT race once I lost connection to the LFS server several times.
AFAIK, the commentator from gamer-fm did sth like the last 8 hours of the 24 hour race last season.
Man, I'd love to commentate on this series. It looks so professional. Nice job, Becky and Tris!
Filefront is sucky slow here
I'm getting 0.5-1kB/s ... maybe anyone wants to share the 400mb one via bittorrent ?

Sim Touring Car Cup Round 1
(161 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG