The online racing simulator
Black screen after Exit + Uncalibrated axis
I have two problems with my LFS. Occured about 1-2 weeks ago. I'm running LFS patch U, none of the test patchs.

My first problem is that when i close lfs, via the exit button, it goes back into windows, but everything is black. I cant' see anything except my mouse. The only way to make it work again, is basically to restart the computer. My work around for this is to alt-tab from LFS, and then close LFS via ctrl-alt-del method.

My second problem which occurs sometimes, is once i open LFS and join a race (ie, waiting in pits to come out) my wheel goes crazy. What it seems like to me is that all the axis of my wheel (Black Momo) are jumbled. When i turn the wheel a bit, it steers a little in that direction and then back to the right again really rapidly. The same happens when i push down on the accelerator or brake. Basically undrivable. I have recalibrated the wheel and it doesnt' help. Only fix for me is to restart the computer.

Anyone else having these problems, or is this something to do with my computer? I havent' installed anything new either.
#2 - ORION
The blackscreen bug doesnt seem to be an LFS bug, when it happends in windows after you exit LFS

The 2nd problem is weird aswell, have you tried to reinitialize controllers? Shift + C
Yeah, i would assume it's a windows problem rather than LFS, but just wondering if anyone else has experienced it before.

As for the second problem, yes i have reinitialise controllers and it doesnt' help.
#4 - Dumpy
I have a similar problem when I exit LFS: The screen is mostly black except for some unusual looking scrambly-weird-stuff. The mouse cursor seems normal. My workaround is to hit [Windows key]+[L] to lock the computer and go to the login screen, then I log in and everything is fine.

BUT

My machine does this when exiting several other games. Probably a directX or video driver issue in my case, but I haven't bothered to do anything about it. Easy enough to just [Win]+[L] and put my password in again heh.
Ahh okay, but it involves getting out of Windows as such. Much like my hibernate method.
Thanks anyway guys
#6 - Bean0
Do you run LFS at a different resolution to your desktop ? Sounds like something is going wrong when it is trying to change back to the desktop resolution.

I would suggest installing the newest directX and removing/reinstalling your graphics drivers.
Nup, they're both running at 1280x1024 and at the same freq too. That windows + L thing works a treat though. Doesnt' log me off msn or anything, like hibinating does.

I don't think it'll be graphics card related because i havent' touched any of that stuff recently either. Newest direct X, i shall try though.
Problem has ceased... by itself. LOL illepall All is good =]

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG