The online racing simulator
#26 - Don
Quote :
btw. I wouldnt mind if the res was even higher... 256MB

sure np, just give me some better camera
ooh, super quality! *_* Brilliant work, guys! v^^
Awesome!
sky in FE is a bit disapointing unfortunately... since its only a few colors, its not smooth shading
#30 - Don
vivid cloudless sky is ideal for sunny jamaica.

and look at the raw file, you`ll see its smooth gradient. the problem is in lfs. kid might explain better
ah your right; i see now
yes, 24bit usage of color in hemis is an old request. if it will come in later patches or not, is beyond my control. as don said, all hemis are 24bit, problem is that lfs only shows 16bit info from it
now thats fine for everything else except for a case of big area/big gradient, aka clean skies
so i understand it isnt a priority (nor should it be). if it comes it comes. even as is, i prefer this clean jamaica sky by far.
Can you guys make a screenshot comparison betwean the old and the new sky??
twice the resolution on both axis for all - exact same skies
except two: cloudy westhill and jamaica clean. so not much to compare really
cloudy westhill was repeating the hemi used somewhere else with dif filename and jamaica didnt have a clean sky (had clouds) and wasnt very good imho.
think the devs had it pretty much right for FE in a way; rarely is it ever going to be cloudless down in the caribean; theres almost always big clouds you can see out over the ocean .. (hint hint )

edit:
oh one other thing; the cars still reflect the original sky
#36 - Don
only the westhill cloudy. envmap for that is coming later
no, im saying for your fern bay sky; if you want it to be like it is in life; there should be large (tall) clouds over the water; its rarely a cloudless day in the caribean... possibly the only times it is, is after a HUUGE storm

otherwise its pretty much just cloudy out over the ocean, and a few smaller clouds over top
Really great stuff.
Quote from XCNuse :edit:
oh one other thing; the cars still reflect the original sky

only in westhill cloudy, coz i didnt have time to do that. and current one works ok for now.

ive seen plenty of clear sky pics in jamaica for several beaches they have. negril etc etc. no one is saying that they always have clear sky everyday. just like when u select dawn or evening in other circuits, no one is saying blackwood england is always night etc...
and there is nothing that breathes more "summer" than a clear day sky.
then you must not have given us all of the files
(see pic)
Attached images
Image1.jpg
i didnt make the pack, don did, but if u really want help you'll have to be a bit more specific.
look at the clouds reflecting on the FZ
what track/time config though?
#44 - Don
delete jaskyday_e.dds, then it will use the envmap which is included in the pack (jaskyday_e.raw)
don plz update the pack with the created .dds then
#46 - Don
ok should be updated now
Quote from Don :delete jaskyday_e.dds, then it will use the envmap which is included in the pack (jaskyday_e.raw)

that works; thanks much
#48 - Tege
Quote from XCNuse : sky in FE is a bit disapointing unfortunately... since its only a few colors, its not smooth shading

If you wanna have smooth shading and get rid of those lines. This works on Paint Shop Pro... decrease the color depht to 64k and click on error diffusion when decreasing.
no, pre dithering shouldn't be used. unless u really wanna **** it up
hey its your game you do as you please.
much less using reductions to 16bit colorspace.
remember it gets distorted again and the dither algoritm for 2d gets all fuked.
#50 - Tege
Quote from KiDCoDEa :no, pre dithering shouldn't be used. unless u really wanna **** it up
hey its your game you do as you please.
much less using reductions to 16bit colorspace.
remember it gets distorted again and the dither algoritm for 2d gets all fuked.

Hmm... it looks fine to me.
Attached images
FE sky.jpg
This thread is closed

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG