The online racing simulator
Quote from skstibi :Mine just fried mid-drift

i figure kegetys was right after all ... its a racing wheel
Hahahah, good one
Quote from Shotglass :i figure kegetys was right after all ... its a racing wheel

The drift was not the cause. I was racing like I usually do and just had the rear end sliding around and the wheel just plain quit and smoked. The wheel is best for racing. I have not really drifted with this wheel. I did a little but that is it.

wow, amazing. Logitech works fast. They said pickup would be tomorrow but they picked it up about 5 minutes ago
Jeah. Got mail from the shop i ordered my wheel from.Today is the day... i can take mine with me...

Only 203,99 € for me.

Will post some impressions later!
Quote from SatCP :I'm not sure what these numbers mean, but I'm sure the Chinese text on top of each number would explain it... Here's a picture of it. maybe someone can translate it:

It's probably nothing but the identification numbers of the persons who worked on the wheel during manufacturing.

hmm... I'm not so sure about the the top left one, something like "sticky skin" (that's a straight translation so it sounds funny), but I'm assuming its the leather.

top right = stitches, by hand (something to do with the leather again, I assume)

bottom left = renovation/repair

bottom right = Examines
heh, Thanks. Now I know what they mean. The stitching on my wheel was really nice. Too bad it will not be exactly the same on the new G25 I get.
Got mine... WHOHOO - so nice and smooth - but really hard to manage h-shift and clutch

But i do have one prob, the reverse gear doesn't work. Even in the windows game controller settings, if i press the shifter down and shift to sixt gear position, it show 6 gear! Also in LFS. Don't get the reverse gear (button 14).

Am i doing somethin wrong? Or is that a production failure?

Greets,
Warper
Quote from Warper :Got mine... WHOHOO - so nice and smooth - but really hard to manage h-shift and clutch

But i do have one prob, the reverse gear doesn't work. Even in the windows game controller settings, if i press the shifter down and shift to sixt gear position, it show 6 gear! Also in LFS. Don't get the reverse gear (button 14).

Am i doing somethin wrong? Or is that a production failure?

Greets,
Warper

Are you pushing down in the neutral position and holding it down as you put it is sixth? Reverse "makes a switch" at the base of the shifter shaft and then the latch pin slips into a reverse slot under the sixth gear slot.
Quote from mcman :Are you pushing down in the neutral position and holding it down as you put it is sixth? Reverse "makes a switch" at the base of the shifter shaft and then the latch pin slips into a reverse slot under the sixth gear slot.

I think i'm doing it the way it should be. The stick even stays in a lower position in sixths gears position when pressed down before. So it stays in reverse gear position. But the software shows me sixths gear.
Ok I´ve got a question, I flew over the whole thread, reading some posts but 44 pages are just too much.

So here´s the question: I´m thinking to buy a G25, but I´m not certain if I shall wait or if I should buy right now. So I´d like to have the opinion of G25 owners, is it good as it is now or are there still any bugs?
I'm in a dilemma too..... do I buy now, or wait a little longer.. since I already read some bugs from the wheel... but there are some that still ok with it....

decisions decisions...
Quote from LRB_Aly :Ok I´ve got a question, I flew over the whole thread, reading some posts but 44 pages are just too much.

So here´s the question: I´m thinking to buy a G25, but I´m not certain if I shall wait or if I should buy right now. So I´d like to have the opinion of G25 owners, is it good as it is now or are there still any bugs?

Had it for over a month, no problems here.

slightly-more-helpful edit: The wheel has been perfect, well worth the money imho... very recommended.
Quote from Hyperactive :What happened to the Thrustmaster wheel?
http://www.thrustmaster.com/eng/d_prd.php?p=T310&fam=4

Dude believe me, that wheel sucks, I've won it on the GC in leipzig and played with it while my MOMO was at technical support. The Wheel got no sensitive, if you just want to steer a lil bit left, the wheel is doing nothing, you must allways turn it more round that there comes a reaction, and if you turn it more round, the ingame wheel always goes more round and you will steer to much in the wanted direction.
But the Pedals are great
Quote from LRB_Aly :Ok I´ve got a question, I flew over the whole thread, reading some posts but 44 pages are just too much.

Had mine six weeks. Twenty hours of Richard Burns Rally and about the same in LFS and no problems at all so far. It's been driven hard and it still feels great.
have mine for 2 or 3 weeks. lfs usage only in that time. lx and gti mostly. overall nice, yet takes a little to get used to coming from momored. i dont find jump in quality as big as some ppl state here.
center of rotation is a bit dead FFwise im almost sure its on purpose so dat u can countersteer faster.
i got mine at a very nice price, else, imho, coming from a momored its not worth 300euros (paid a lot less).

wheel has some bad design decisions and you're left with a flavour that with some proper testing , in a feedbacky dev enviroment, it could have been , with exact same price tag, a whole lot better. better design/layout/ideas dont take more money. just a better team.
Wohoooo!!! :woohoo:
My wheel is on it´s way. I can´t say how happy I am. When I get home tomorrow it should be there (I hope so).
Yesterday the Online Site of my Shop said 15th of December... and a few Minutes ago I found a E-Mail in my Inbox with a Tracking Number :woohoo:

I really hope that I have better luck with it than with my DFP (where I had to exchange it twice because of the Pedals). Ordered it in September and now it comes true... yeah :-)
I may order a G25, but I heard the H-shifter doesn't have a H-pattern, and that it's not that good to be used, but more as a 'gadget', so that makes the third pedal useless, only having the 900 degrees left..
The DFP has 900 degrees too...

So, I may wait...

C&C plz :P
(if you don't get it, just say if it's right what's above)
Quote from BlakjeKaas :I may order a G25, but I heard the H-shifter doesn't have a H-pattern, and that it's not that good to be used, but more as a 'gadget', so that makes the third pedal useless, only having the 900 degrees left..

like said in the other thread, it doesn't have a physical H-Gate - but you'd never know when using it!
Quote from Jakg :
Quote from BlakjeKaas :I may order a G25, but I heard the H-shifter doesn't have a H-pattern, and that it's not that good to be used, but more as a 'gadget', so that makes the third pedal useless, only having the 900 degrees left..

like said in the other thread, it doesn't have a physical H-Gate - but you'd never know when using it!

erm... Yes it does... You can feel it when you're moving it around the neutral position...
Ok... Well, it is much more fun than what I have now...
So maybe I will get a G25...
Not 'now' but in a couple of months or so...

Quote from bbman :erm... Yes it does... You can feel it when you're moving it around the neutral position...

Ok, but you can't get the gearlever between 1 and 3?
How do you want to stop that?
OK i should also state what hardware I´m using right now. I moved from a red Momo to the DFP, so the 900 degrees are nothing new to me right now. So I expect the biggest change to be the quality and the H-pattern gear shifter (of course also the clutch pedal).
Quote from BlakjeKaas :Ok, but you can't get the gearlever between 1 and 3?
How do you want to stop that?

I don't know what you mean with that... There is a gate for first and there is one for third... So if you want to go from 1 to 3 I'd suggest down, right and up... Vice versa for the other way round, obviously... I don't understand what exactly you want to stop there?
What I mean is, what's between 1 and 3...?
The metal Logitech didn't cut out for the gates? Have you ever looked for shifter plates? One of these are in the shifter part of the G25... Maybe you can get mcman to post a picture of it...

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG