The online racing simulator
I ordered mine from www.overclockers.co.uk from memory it was about £170 with vat but not inculding delivery (although that would have been about £12)... i got mine without vat though so not sure exactly... just check their website its on the first page. They will deliver really quickly and reliably as well, i've had a several things from them and couldn't fault their service at all!
Quote from tristancliffe :Jeff - edit cfg.txt and put FFB Steps on 256 if you haven't already

And I'm using paddle sequential in LXCC, but shifter/clutch in all other racing endeavours. I'm not giving up a second per minute for the sake of realism in the first league I've done for ages just days after my G25 arrives. The G25 will last for years (fingers crossed), so I've got plenty of time to practice gears once I've crashed and burned in LXCC.

FFB Steps =256 is the first thing the happens when I install LFS

Paddle shifting it will be for me for the remainder of LXCC... If it's good enough for you... It's good enough for me. Here I come "Race Prepped LX4"

Edit: Note, that doesn't mean I will fail to suck... Perhaps my degree of suck may lessen, but probably not by much
Quote from Ball Bearing Turbo :FFB Steps =256 is the first thing the happens when I install LFS

Wow, I've never done that. I can hardly wait to try.

Any other secret LFS enhancing tips I should know about?
Quote from Ball Bearing Turbo :FFB Steps =256 is the first thing the happens when I install LFS

Please forgive my noobness, but what does that do?

Andrew
Quote from mrfell :Please forgive my noobness, but what does that do?

Andrew

Theoretically it enhances the detail LFS sends forces with, meaning that the higher the value, the smaller the difference in calculated FF before the wheel gets a new FF command.

I'm going to make some tests today if there's really a difference between these two, and if a value of 256 really makes the FF feel better than the default 128.
Quote from AndroidXP :Theoretically it enhances the detail LFS sends forces with, meaning that the higher the value, the smaller the difference in calculated FF before the wheel gets a new FF command.

I'm going to make some tests today if there's really a difference between these two, and if a value of 256 really makes the FF feel better than the default 128.

Look forward to hearing your results!!

Andrew
I always had 128 with my Momo. I installed my G25 and fell in love with it. Then the topic came up (and Scawen said he was setting 256 as the default), so I thought I'd try it.

It really did feel smoother and more subtle to me. But it might have been because I wanted it to be.
That's what I figured. I think a good way to test this is taking the car on a grass strip, because you have constant vibration there, as well as doing some kerb testing. I'll also try to find the profiler settings which give me the best feedback overall.

By the way, do the < and > keys for modifying force strength still work in U30?
There definitely is a difference, but I have a feeling the 'I max forces everywhere and gorilla grip the wheel' -crowd will not appreciate the lighter, more refined and subtle ffb the 256 value gives over 128.
Quote from AndroidXP :That's what I figured. I think a good way to test this is taking the car on a grass strip, because you have constant vibration there, as well as doing some kerb testing. I'll also try to find the profiler settings which give me the best feedback overall.

iirc kerbs are not feelable at 128 with a dfp but are at 256 ... but im not exactly sure
With my MS SW FF wheel I felt them fine, both at 128 and 256
But it also depends on the kerb and how you drive over them. The kerbs you drive straight over rarely give any feedback.
Quote from AndroidXP :

By the way, do the < and > keys for modifying force strength still work in U30?

They do, but the text showing the level in game has moved to the top right corner.
dabs have gone from 3-4 days on their status to 'None in stock' looks like I'll be waiting even longer!
Ok as i said earlier in this Thread i had to send my first Wheel back last Monday because it was damaged, the steering Axis just wont do anything and now since last Friday after testing alot with another brand new Wheel ivgot to say: DAMN, thats impressive!!
I mean i did really enjoy LFS and other Games with MS and Logi Wheels before, never had more then 270° turn Degrees but now with 900° or 720° max in LFS is like im playing a new Game as well ! These days i cant wait finish my work to get back to this fantastic Wheel + LFS because no other Game has given me so much Realism + Fun then LFS, before & after the G25.
This Precision and Response i become from the Vehicles is really awesome and i havend thought it would be that great. But for sure that are some bads as well: i hate the shifter, its impossible to shift as quick as you drive or in other words, i cant count how often i have missed a Gear so far. But i think im getting used to it someday. Also, only two buttons on the Wheel is very bad, at least 4 should be there but two? That sucks a bit As for the hole package its totally been worth to spend so much money into a "Controller" and i can really recommend this to everybody that is about to get a new one. Well, at least i hope it will survive way longer then the Wheels i had before but im convinced it will

Cheers
Soo, I feel a bit like stating the obvious here, but indeed setting Overall Effects Strength to 100% with the rest at 0% feels best.

Interestingly enough, Logi:100% - LFS:60% is not equal to Logi:60% - LFS:100%. With the latter configuration, the FF is MUCH weaker and feels kinda masked and washed out. Going over 100% in the Logitech profiler causes the wheel to go haywire and have an extreme oscillation at the rotation centre. If you want something fun, try Logi:150% - LFS:200%. Pure madness.

Regarding the FF steps, I'm not too sure if there's a huge difference between 128 and 256, but it's definitely not worse if you set it to the higher value. I've also tried 64 and there it didn't seem much different at first, but driving on the grass felt more like a random same powered left-right vibration rather than the subtle and nicely varying rumbling you get with 256.
Hi,

For those in the UK waiting for a G25 you may try https://www.komplett.co.uk/k/ki.asp?sku=324740 although a bit expensive, they have still 38 in stock, last week were 60. I had cancelled 3 orders in 2 weeks (dabs, etc, ...) before using this website and it seems that I wasnt the only one.

Cheers
my dabs order has been cancelled as they won't have stock until the 7th of January!!!

I can't afford it from Komplett. There's some due at PC-Deli tomorrow, but I've never heard of them before, and want to know if they're any good before I order. Also, how can we be sure they'll be in stock tomorrow? the way other places have gone, i've noticed Savastore has gone from 1-2 weeks to 3+ weeks.

C'mon Logitech, get your arses into gear! At least give these shops an accurate date they'll have their stock in. I haven't actually seen anywhere have them in stock (apart from Komplett) for about a month now.

Looks like I'll be waiting until way after xmas until I get one just hope my Momo will survive.
Media Atlantic showing delivery on the 30/11 :£163.58
I have ordered G25, and it cost 230€. And its going to be delivered to me at 7th of December.

And also i bought new graphic card 7900gs, and it cost 160€

And guess how pissed my mom is when im using all of my earnigs to "useless" PC-stuff.

I also sell my Momo Racing Force, for ridiculously low price 60€ and it still have 12 months of warranty left. And when i bought it 12 months ago, it cost 130€ to me.

Thats ROBBERY!!
Hello all,

I am having some trouble with downshifting in sequencial mode with my shifter.
When I downshift and release the knob, it slides back in to neutral, but not far enough to make another downshift, so i have to push it forward again before i can make another downshift, upshifting goes fine.

I tried to make a little movie to brighten up the issue im experiencing, watch the bars in the bottom right of the screen to see that its not shifting.

My question: Do all g25 have this? Or is it a problem of my unit?
[/URL]
Thanks
Mine works fine, though I can kinda feel the plastic scraping on the metal a bit. If the warranty is no concern and you aren't afraid of messing with things, you might be able to find the source of your problem and fix it yourself? Would probably save a lot of time.

E: just watched the vid, that's strange. The stick seems to move back to position fine...
Quote from C0nscript :Hello all,

I am having some trouble with downshifting in sequencial mode with my shifter.
When I downshift and release the knob, it slides back in to neutral, but not far enough to make another downshift, so i have to push it forward again before i can make another downshift, upshifting goes fine.

I tried to make a little movie to brighten up the issue im experiencing, watch the bars in the bottom right of the screen to see that its not shifting.

http://home.wanadoo.nl/johan.k ... a problem of my unit?

Thanks

Strange... Although your button seems to be stuck, I thought it would clutch in automatically with patch U... What is your version?

And no, it's your G25, as I don't have that problem...

Btw: You're upshifting, not downshifting...
Quote from bbman :Strange... Although your button seems to be stuck, I thought it would clutch in automatically with patch U... What is your version?

And no, it's your G25, as I don't have that problem...

Btw: You're upshifting, not downshifting...

I'm using patch U30, but I have this problem in GTR2 to, so it is definatly my G25.

I just opened up my shifter and it looks like my stick just doesn't get back far enough. For now I am gonna think of some possible solutions like adding some more thin grease, or to see if i can get a different spring to push the stick back. I dont feel like making any irreversible changes, so i end up with a broken shifter

Btw, i made some pics of the inside, but its hard to imagine how it works if you haven't opened it up for yourself to see how it works :P

http://www.mediahump.com/?gid=1179

(also Btw, i fail as photographer :doh
Wow there's lots of nice sexy girls in my area according to that site! I never knew my small town in Berkshire was so well populated by half naked american girls!
I have a very bad feeling with this Shifter, everytime i shift and hear this Plastic- Noise i always hope that i havend put to much Force into it so it just breaks off. It doesnt looks, feels and sounds very durable.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG