The online racing simulator
A bit of an update on using a G25.
I've had mine for a while now, and prefer to drive using the h shifter and clutch more than sequential or paddles. I don't care if I miss a gear or am slower the whole driving experience is so much better. Still loving it and could never go back to 2 pedals and 240 rotation!!
Quote from mrfell :A bit of an update on using a G25.
I've had mine for a while now, and prefer to drive using the h shifter and clutch more than sequential or paddles. I don't care if I miss a gear or am slower the whole driving experience is so much better. Still loving it and could never go back to 2 pedals and 240 rotation!!

x2, but online i dont use the H shifter or clutch, im not a good looser
Quote from RMachucaA :x2, but online i dont use the H shifter or clutch, im not a good looser

Thats a fair point, but i'm a very qualified slow driver, so you dont get any worse than last place....HEHEHE!!
Is there any word of how many G25's are made, and how much more are they planning to build?
I know the story earlier was that it would be a limited edition wheel, so i thought it will never get to stores here in Serbia, but it did, and many stores here have it for sale.
I bought Momo recently, like 3 months ago, so it would be kinda stupid to buy G25 right away, although i am VERY tempted after testing it at my friends.
Anyway, i was planning to buy it like in the summer '07, or something like that, but i don't know whether there would be any left for sale..
And, also i fear that they may become even more expensive than now... Will Logitech keep producing the G25, or will they make some other sacrifised version, the low quality one.. I don't want that..
As far as I know, the leather edition is limited. After that one runs out, they'll probably continue selling it with plastic/rubber wheels.
Quote from AndroidXP :As far as I know, the leather edition is limited. After that one runs out, they'll probably continue selling it with plastic/rubber wheels.

You're kidding me..
Damn, why haven't my FF GP lasted a litlle bit longer, now i would bought the G25 without thinking twice...
The only thing I could find was this:

Quote from Goo (Logitech spokesperson) @ RSC :
Quote from Damianb @ RSC :
hey goo is the G25 a limited edition item that wont be sold for long? or will it be like the DFP and otehr wheels

the reason i ask this is because i dont have money now. im waiting till my birthday or christmas. depends on how much money i get.

And also because alot of stores are listing it as a limited edition item

The wheel will be available long after Christmas. Limited edition doesn't mean we're shipping 300 units and calling it a day.

good! they better keep the leather one because after christmas one = mine!
Ok another (probably stupid question :P) When the wheel is on the center, it feels very easy to turn, like the forces are not working on it. Maybe my settings are wrong?
i have just bought the g25, and im having problems do get it to work with LFS.
How do you do with the axis? Im now breaking on the gas pedal
1. Try the latest test patch, it probably has a slightly better support for the G25, or at least a rudimentary auto detection.

2. Setting up the wheel
ok, but when i press down the cluth, the 5 axis is moving
and the gas and brake pedal are both moving the 4 axis
The pedal thing is working great now! thank you.

i still have some questions

should you have the strenghts that you have on the screen shot for ultimate realsim?
if i have those settings and the strenght set to 100% in LFS i can hardly move the wheel, its very heavy :/
Sorry if I misunderstood you now, but yes, the force settings should be set up like in the screenshot to give the purest LFS force feedback.

Any deviation from the pictured "Force Feedback Device Settings" cause the Logitech drivers to manipulate the forces generated by LFS, thus you might not feel the forces as they were intended - which you like better in the end is your decision
so you mean that its natural to feel that the force is to strong?
do you have the force strengh set to 100 in LFS? in the GAME
Oh, no, in LFS I have set it to 35-45, but that's really up to you.
ok

im suprised over how hard it is to turn even when im going 20 km/h
but im used to a ordinare car
Quote from lummz :ok

im suprised over how hard it is to turn even when im going 20 km/h
but im used to a ordinare car

You're just pampered by powersteering.
Real men don't need fluids to help them use their muscles, power steering is for girls
youre right, now i can get big muscles without going to the gym! Great
Is there any after market shift knobs for the shifter. If not i am going to custom make my shifter a little bit longer and a smaller shift knob. They should have made the shifter compatible with real after market shift knobs. That would have been a nice feature incase you didnt like the shift knob it comes with, which i dont..... I might get an Actlabs shifter once i get christmas money. THey look 10 X better than the g25 one.

Oh and if you made your own custom shift knob for the g25 shifter, post the pictures up, i would like to see them.
I had the old style GPL shifter and it was nice. Felt a little better then the G25 shifter as it was taller and more comfortable. But it still had the same flimsyness that the G25 shifter has, just a lack of resistance and what not.
Getting my G25 today!!

*died of exitment*
just got my G25 from Komplett and found that I have the 2pin Euro style plug rather than the 3pin UK plug.

2 questions

1. if i use the same plug from my CD Player (same power ratings on it (i think) - 2.5A 250v) and plug that into the transformer, will that work?

or

2. Will my MOMO power supply work?
I'd be inclined to use the power cord. I think the momo tranformer works on different voltages.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG