The online racing simulator
edit_eng+v8=good
(244 posts, started )
Quote from Wenom :Yet Kegetys managed to do that easily in S2 less than one month if I remember correctly.

You do. But he doesn't count, he is a ghost.
Quote from redruM69 :#3: Its with older versions of LFS S1, not S2

Yeah, you can tell by the shading of the car.
Quote from Quint999 :Kegetys was allowed to show the screenies and prompt much discussion without the thread being deleted & couldnt see that he'd asked for permission b4 posting it, dont see why you shouldnt be able to do the same

If he'd asked permission it probably have been by PM, I wasn't a mod back then so don't know if he did or not.

Also Wenom has made his own version of LFS Tweak also, so Kegetys, redruM69 and Fonnybone aren't the only ones capable.

redruM69 - I'm still drumming up responses to your request, it's not being ignored.
Quote from redruM69 :Just to set some things straight...
#1: Its not really a "hole". Its the result of a LOT of work, months of research and experimentation. Its not just a quick hack.. HUGE chunks of raw code are replaced on the fly. We doubt anybody can duplicate it, unless we give out tons of specific info.

Thanks for the clarification on it .
I've been out of these forums for way too long.... I didnt know anybody else managed to do full mesh modifications... Can somebody link me to Kegetys's thread?
I know how to modify the diffuse color on materials... I prefer a blue or red liscense plate!
Wow, that mesh is terrific! Looks like he has surpassed us in quality.

It would appear he has a method of converting and importing a mesh, rather than modifying it vertice by vertice.

Neat!
So, can someone tell me and RedruM69 if he can release the Tweakanicky thing?
Quote from Blaeza :So, can someone tell me and RedruM69 if he can release the Tweakanicky thing?

The bodymod stuff will never be released. Only good ol' LFSTweak.
Quote from redruM69 :The bodymod stuff will never be released. Only good ol' LFSTweak.

Why not?
Because then it can be used by Demo users to get more content out of the game. LFSTweak is a controversial subject on its own as demo users can use it aswell.
Quote from vicvega :Why not?

Expanding on the post above, the devs do not wish for it to happen as it removes a good deal of the reasons to purchase an LFS license.

Development of LFS Tweak has been halted due to the benefits it brings to demo users. If you look through the LFS Tweak threads, it's almost always demo users who are commenting (though understandably it's more attractive to them than to licensed users).
Quote from Bob Smith :Development of LFS Tweak has been halted due to the benefits it brings to demo users.

I wasnt even aware of this.... Time to catch up I guess.
What if I add S2 license detection to LFSTweak? Would be really simple to add..

EDIT: Just to set records straight... LFSTweak was originally developed by me, I handed the project to Fonnybone. Since I havent seen a new version released in a while I figured I would "catch up", and throw out a version for V...
I guess this is why I havent seen a version in a while, due to it being "Halted".
I'm all for protecting the interest of LFS, so would a version of LFSTweak with S2 license detection be Approved?
Quote from Bob Smith :Expanding on the post above, the devs do not wish for it to happen as it removes a good deal of the reasons to purchase an LFS license.

Development of LFS Tweak has been halted due to the benefits it brings to demo users. If you look through the LFS Tweak threads, it's almost always demo users who are commenting (though understandably it's more attractive to them than to licensed users).

So, good ol' Bob, can RedruM post some more vids and stuff?
I'm still waiting for (all) the other mods to comment, while I'm not keen on the idea as it just attracts publicity to a program people are going to want to try but will be unavailable it is not "against the rules". I suppose if you make sure you don't release any tools, are willing to put up with lots of PMs and requests in any threads you make, and Blaeza's "and stuff" isn't more than photos, it would be OK.

Quote from redruM69 :What if I add S2 license detection to LFSTweak? Would be really simple to add..

...snip...

I'm all for protecting the interest of LFS, so would a version of LFSTweak with S2 license detection be Approved?

This is good to know but I'd recommend having a chat with Fonny on his more recent work and his own reasons for stopping. I think a version which only worked for licensed racers (and not on cracked versions either) would be acceptable (I for one loved playing with LFSTweak back in 0.3x days, made loads of .twk presets recreating real cars). Of course there's still the (likely) possibility that LFS Tweak would then be cracked to work with demo versions - not sure how to overcome that issue.
Quote from Bob Smith :Of course there's still the (likely) possibility that LFS Tweak would then be cracked to work with demo versions - not sure how to overcome that issue.

Well, I could add multiple checkpoints, using several methods. Would make it a lot more difficult...
I'd just make it, send it to the Devs and see if they they think it's got enough cracker protection.
LFS Tweak would be very fun to have. Too bad all the cars can't be edited... Can you say FZR Turbo??? :> And i'm aching to see some 'new content' in LFS; even if it is S1 and old. It just the idea of 'what if'... Though, trying out rTractor with V8Supercars and Gallardo challenge, i must say i'm VERY happy LFS doesn't get mods. If it does get them, make it as tricky as RBR (which is modded through holes). That way only THE MOST persistent modders will try and make add on content which is 99% guaranteed to be very good.
I am not a programer but I think the best anti cracker protection is to check in with the master server...if it connects to it - then it's S2 License...
Quote from redruM69 :Probably in the next week or so...
It will be somewhat simplified. Some variables, such as car weight, and flywheel weight, have been moved/removed, and I dont feel like spending too much time searching for em..

Well, it's been a week now!
patience. Hell release it when the anti-Demo patch is working.
patience is a virtue...
Just like S2 : It's done when It's done

Edit: D'OH! beaten!
Edit2: Gotta love hrtburnout's avatar...
Agreed, im happy with the content we got now. I only use tweak when im seriously bored, and fancy bezzin around in my 1.6, 300bhp, Rwd XFG
Send it to the devs! (Me wants Tweakanic..)
I persoanlly wouldnt like this released until the devs have a look at it, and say "ok".

To Avoid the Demo users using Tweak, maybe work with the devs, to include an Unlock system Similar to how you unlock LFS inside LFS, were it connects to your LFS.net user and varifies you have S2 etc.

edit_eng+v8=good
(244 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG