The online racing simulator
Hmm S3? :) [add more to demo]
(88 posts, started )
It seems like you're looking for a free ride.

If you are truly an aficionado of racing simulations, then a few hours on the demo, online or offline, would tell you the the core physics are superb, and the "risk" of dropping £24 and expecting to be disappointed with the "fast" cars is completely unwarranted.

Step up. Pay the Devs. They've earned it.
I suffered with the demo content for a while and now I think I got almost a tad too much out of the demo.

demo users get:

LFStweak patch Q
popular XFG, XRG, and too many drift servers with the XRT
5 configs

Blackwood GP + REV
Blackwood Rally + REV
Carpark

+ the 100+ demo servers!

if anthing we should keep the cars and get rid of one of the rallycross tracks.

If we have another demo with new cars and tracks it will be like GTR 1 demos. in demo 1 there is Lister and Morgan. in demo 2 there is Sallen and Ferrari 360. thats like 40% the content of full GTR 1.

I know LFS was a bit of an investment (about $55 Canadian) you'll be happy with it. And you won't get flaming bananas thrown at you every time you post.

thats why I think we don't need more demo content
I have in the past thought about whether a better strategy for the demo would be to have all the cars available offline on BL Car Park and then only one car available to race (fixed to max 5 laps) on Blackwood.
Agreed - capping the number of laps for a race, and removing timed races, would be another feature not necessary for trialling of the engine. I can't think of another demo product on which organised leagues are based.
Quote from Foropsico :I agree with you, i think they could add a formula and/or a high power car to give you an idea of the diferent behaviour of diferents cars.
But in this forum you would find many post telling you that if you want more cars buy the game, and this post are from S2 licensed.

Well really... what do you excpect? In the end you aren't supporting this project your actually costing it money if anything, using bandwidth of the master server and the forum.

Do you have the cheek to ask for more variety in the free tasters you get offered in a supermarket?

More often than not the people who are demo users asking for more are the ones who never buy the game. Most have no intention to. I pre-ordered LFS the day I knew when it was coming out, the demo was more than enough to get me to pay up early.

Personally, for someone who claims to race formula cars I can't quite see how £24 is really anything, if you can afford to do that... Doubt it even covers a quarter of the cost of an entry fee.

Quote :You know, avarice.

ROFL!

I'm sorry but what? 4 weeks of a Sunday paper round is roughly the time it took me to earn £24 back when I bought LFS. So yea, greed of the riches...
Quote from Greboth :There are a few but it does seem alot of the demo users who frequent this forum go on to buy S2.

That's me!!
Quote from keiran :Do you have the cheek to ask for more variety in the free tasters you get offered in a supermarket?

I always make a meal out of the free tasters at a supermarket. 5-10 small pieces of sliced turkey is like having a 2-3 whole slices!
I have looked the replys and i see only few ppl sayd like : "yes why not" but others still saying "what for" and bla bla bla?
Is there more ppl with me at this idea?

EDIT// Oh and i would buy lincense, but i want to get skilled up at LFS demo and i need to get new comp because it *****.( When singelplayer then fps 10-20 and if near to 1 car then 5-10) o.0 . And im driving only at singelplayer at moment
I can only echo what's been said before. The LFS demo is more generous than any other race demo out there (not even little nK Pro has online - or even a working dashboard!). I can't think of another race-sim demo which actually has teams and organised leagues!

On this forum I think you'll stay in the minority, as far wanting more demo content goes. Most people here, including most demo racers, realise what a good demo LFS is, which why so many of them end up paying for a license. I won't flame you or anything like that, but I will say that when you get a license, you won't regret it
#35 - Jakg
Quote from Hankstar :not even little nK Pro has online

to be fair, the online of the full version is virtually unplayable, why bother?
Quote from Jakg :to be fair, the online of the full version is virtually unplayable, why bother?

It doesn't have AI at all IIRC.
The main point in all of this is "why?" If you can give an honest valid reason why there should be more in the demo then im sure some peole would agree. If you just say there should be more expect alot of disagreement. Also those people who say demo is enough should say why, but alot of them are.

Without reasoning or proof most statements are worthless.

Edit : I also agree that the demo has enough, or even too much, as it is. As said its there to show the game to people to give a taste of the physics. When the AI get sorted out so they are good, then taking the online out of demo IMO woudln't be a bad thing. Personally i had LFS for a month or two before buying and never looked back.
#38 - joen
The only "valid" reason people can give is a selfish one. Being they want more content because they're probably bored with the demo.
Somehow they feel it's the devs that should relieve them from their boredom by giving them extra content. They fail to acknowledge or understand only themselves are capable of relieving them from the boredom by buying a license.
Don't want to pay money for a license? Fine, play the demo until the end of time for all I care. But don't come begging, crying or even asking for new content.

You see people opening new threads complaining about feature X or bug Y not being fixed after a whole year or why there haven't been any new cars or tracks while they haven't even paid for a license, have not made any contribution to the community or are hardly ever around on the forum.
Then after being registered as an LFS user for let's say a year and having never made a post they open up a thread "hi, c4n sum1 m4ke me Silva skinz kthx? I wunnit red with tribalz unnit"

Or some people even have the nerve to start a thread and blatantly just ask if someone can buy them a license.
Often explaining how poor they are, how the family hardly has enough money to feed themselves, but they NEED a license.
I realize I'm exaggerating (just a bit though), but I'm seriously getting sick of these threads. Go get a life and while you're at it get a job as well.
I really don't want to generalize people, as I know there are good demo racers out there, most of them bought a license and some of them were even given a license by community members for being valuable to the community. And even that has been taken advantage of.
How about a little give and take instead of always take take take, i need something give it to me!

Oh yeah, some people state they need to have an openwheeler or other fast car to be able to judge the game completely. To these people I would say: if you can't see this is a great sim worthy of your money after playing the demo, then this is not the game for you, please leave.

[/rant]
Quote from joen :The only "valid" reason people can give is a selfish one.

That is true, a valid reason i would give thought but i have never seen one as of yet.

Quote :Often explaining how poor they are, how the family hardly has enough money to feed themselves, but they NEED a license.

Usually the week after they are asking how to set up a dfp or g25 as well lol.
I think I've played the demo for more than 2 years (0.1 to 0.2 until S1 was there) and It never was boring, so maybe the demo gives you already too much...

And still there are people asking for more...

I was happy to buy S1 and I was happy to buy S2, so much new things to discover

So if you could save 6€ a week, you could buy yourself S2 in only a month

That's about 0,86€ per day, 3,6 cent per hour.
I would be quite suprised if you couldn't save that money in one month
Money isnt problem my computer is...I wanna buy the S2 but i think its pointless with that kind of computer
maybe little off, but i love the devs swap xrt for a rb4... the the demo will have a fwd, rwd and awd to check...
how'd you get an avitar with a demo lisence?
Quote from juurme :Money isnt problem my computer is...I wanna buy the S2 but i think its pointless with that kind of computer

You are obviously playing the demo just fine, which is why you are complaining and demanding more stuff. Buying a license does not add anything which will demand more computing power, so it will therefore play the same way as the current demo.

If you can not play the demo because of your computer, why are you complaining that it doesn't have enough features? It wouldn't do you any good if they released the entire game for free.

It is apparent to everyone here that you just want to leech. The community in general appears to accept new users such as yourself so long as they comport themselves with dignity. You are, in effect, a guest. Proper decorum for a guest is to not make demands of the host. If you had a party at your residence, should I complain that you haven't served more free beer? No. I should enjoy the party or leave.
#45 - joen
Quote from newage :maybe little off, but i love the devs swap xrt for a rb4... the the demo will have a fwd, rwd and awd to check...

And maybe add the FOX so you'll have a downforce car to check...
Seriously, what's left for you to check? You have been using LFS since July 2005, don't tell me you're still in the proces of evaluating the sim?
(In case the "have you hugged a demoracer today" committee arrives, no he isn't obligated to buy a license. It's just after nearly two years it just has nothing to do with evaluation anymore.)

Quote from animal1313 :If you had a party at your residence, should I complain that you haven't served more free beer? No. I should enjoy the party or leave.

Great analogy, sums it up really.
Quote from joen :And maybe add the FOX so you'll have a downforce car to check...
Seriously, what's left for you to check? You have been using LFS since July 2005, don't tell me you're still in the proces of evaluating the sim?
(In case the "have you hugged a demoracer today" committee arrives, no he isn't obligated to buy a license. It's just after nearly two years it just has nothing to do with evaluation anymore.)

Great analogy, sums it up really.

iam not playing since 2005, i register in 2005, iam not realy hardcore player, i play 2 or 3 times a week, i like lfs, but is expensive for me yet, maybe later when is not a alpha i will make a little more effort to buy...
#47 - joen
Quote from newage :iam not playing since 2005, i register in 2005, iam not realy hardcore player, i play 2 or 3 times a week, i like lfs, but is expensive for me yet, maybe later when is not a alpha i will make a little more effort to buy...

I see. That's fine really. Just to make myself clear, I have nothing against people playing the demo for a long time, it has been given with no restriction. But I just don't think in order to evaluate the sim completely more car types are needed.
And the alpha tag doesn't mean it's not good enough yet. I've explained this many times, I'm not going to again.
Anyway, waiting for S2 final doesn't save you any money. Because if you get S2 now, you won't have to pay extra when it goes final. So in the meantime you could be having a good time on S2. And when S2 is finished, S3 alpha's will come along and a big part of the userbase will leave S2. But like I said, that's up to you.
Thats pretty useless, it wont be any cheaper if you buy it later, you just miss out on some enjoyment while waiting for it.
Quote from Jakg :to be fair, the online of the full version [of nKP] is virtually unplayable, why bother?

I don't bother, tbh Waiting for the hillclimb to be released :up:

Quote from duke_toaster :[nKP] doesn't have AI at all IIRC.

Exactly - the LFS demo is very generous. Even though its AI is deranged at least it's there and it can be improved. Besides, with online play you don't really need AI anyway. So, LFS gives you more than you even need!

Quote from juurme :Money isnt problem my computer is...I wanna buy the S2 but i think its pointless with that kind of computer

I haven't upgraded my computer since late 2002 (just before I discovered the S1 demo) and the old banger runs LFS just fine - maybe not with full grids, but any medium-sized pickup race (up to maybe 10 or so cars) is no problem for me My problem is that I blow all my cash on games (and impulse e-baying ) and never buy anything for my computer until something needs fixing
I wasn't going to click on this thread, but then thought of something as I read the topic title again.... "Hmm S3? [add more to demo]"

You can fully expect more to be added to the demo when S3 comes out. You will get any graphics and physics improvements that comes with S3. You will get any updates to the XF, XR, and XT that come with S3. You will get any updates to the Blackwood ciruit that comes with S3. You will get all core game improvements that come with S3. They only thing you won't get will be content.

Again, I already said this, but.... The demo is for you to test out the sim, ie, the simulation. Not for you to test out content, but to test out the core of the simulation to see if it runs ok for you, to see if it appeals to you, to see if you can play it online, etc. It is already more than enough giving the content that it gives and giving the amount you can play it.

Hmm S3? :) [add more to demo]
(88 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG