The online racing simulator
UKLFS FOX League Signup
(115 posts, started )
Bad sprint race for me. Got caught up in that lap 1 incident... came out the chicane and there was a wall of spinning cars and tyres. Ended up rejoining last somehow. Started plugging my way through the field, got to about 8th or 9th and was hit from behind by LawVS, although I don't think it was his fault, just an unfortunate racing incident. Drove the last half of the race with broken suspension and half-nursed it home to 12th.

Got a decent start in the feature race, and after a couple of people in front dropping out, ended up in 6th place before my pitsop on lap 16. Got a drive-through for speeding in the pitlane, but managed to keep an easy 6th after i completed it. Then got a bit too excited trying to catch up on the leaders and wrecked my car against the barrier. Pitted again for repairs and came out in 7th, but managed to pass and take 6th back before the end. 6th isn't too bad considering where I started and the incidents I had.

Looking forward to the next race. Hopefully I can push towards the front this time.
Quote from tristancliffe :
EDIT: To the guy that won the sprint race (don't know about feature race as I left to reduce load on server and stop distracting people), may I try your setup? Can you PM it to me? Alternatively, can I try your set Phlos, even though it's for mouse?

No you cannot. As you said, i might won race, so it means i am not the quickest...so no sorry my set is not quickest as you probably want.
Quote from Phlos :No you cannot. As you said, i might won race, so it means i am not the quickest...so no sorry my set is not quickest as you probably want.

LOL - No need to be like that. All I meant was that there were some fast drivers there tonight, doing your sort of times. Therefore you'd have had a bit of competition (unlike against me last week), and could not guarantee the win. And no, I'm not after the FASTEST setup, but the BEST. The best one might be a tenth or two down ultimately, but allow REALLY long stints on tyres, or low fuel load, or very predicatable speed (rather than a skittish qualifying setup).

Jeez....
Quote from TechAde :You should have joined anyway mate... there were only 11 finishers.

I did actually race for about 18 laps, but gish took me out (no worries mate ) and I was beached in the gravel. At that point, I had to call it a night.

Cheers for organising it DarkTimes, looking forward to a better race next week. The organisation caught me out a little bit as I mentioned, I thought we were going to have a 5 min break before racing, so I was shocked to be in the race grid so soon (I thought it was a mistake lol!). It's my own fault for clicking 'ready' then leaving my seat.
really sorry about that mate,next race ill get some way of keeping focused lol
What happened in the 2nd race??
Was just watching the replay of the 1st race, and extracting results from it with 'LFS Stats'. I will upload stats from that race soon, but i dont have a replay of the 2nd race. Notice Tristan doing a sneaky reset after his spin on lap 13... not quite the same as my waiting for a space before spinning around and burning rear tyres in the 2nd race losing me valuable seconds. We did agree before the race not to reset unless we rolled but i dont think it made a difference anyway.

Tristan, watch this replay from your car and then say you never lag

Well driven anyway VIP UA and CWMAX you didn't seem to make any mistakes unlike me and tristan (i was especially bad) but you were quick too... although i dunno what happened in the 2nd race, be nice if someone posted
Forgot i could look on LFSW for the results... here are the results from the 2 races (copied and pasted from LFSW) incase anyone is interested:

1.VIP UA - FOX 18:53.790
cwmax - FOX +0:06.690
joshdifabio - FOX +0:10.960
tristancliffe - FOX +0:15.480
DarkTimes - FOX +0:29.000
6.TagForce - FOX +0:40.810
TheJAG - FOX +0:41.060
LawVS - FOX +0:41.480
TechAde - FOX +0:44.310
gishuk - FOX +1:01.890
11.Mikey - FOX +1:06.800
Xero82 - FOX +1:06.860
Samiad - FOX +1 laps
CMU - FOX +2 laps

1.VIP UA - FOX 37:59.540
cwmax - FOX +0:10.150
LawVS - FOX +0:25.500
TheJAG - FOX +0:48.530
TagForce - FOX +0:55.490
Xero82 - FOX +1 laps
DarkTimes - FOX +1 laps
CMU - FOX +2 laps
TechAde - FOX +2 laps
Mikey - FOX +2 laps
gishuk - FOX +3 laps
Points (15,12,10,8,6,5,4,3,2,1) +1 for pole +1 for fastest lap
  1. |KR| VIP UA...........1+15+(15+1)....32
  2. CWMAX.................12+12.............24
  3. [tsr.] LawVS...........3+10..............13
  4. [GoT]TheJAG*........4+8................12
  5. spdo|Josh..............(10+1)+0.........11
  6. [XP]-TagForce-.......5+6................11
  7. [UKLFS]DarkTimes....6+4................10
  8. vMax.TristanCliffe....8+0.................8
  9. vMax.Xero..............0+5.................5
  10. TechAde................2+2.................4
  11. CMU......................0+3.................3
  12. gish......................1+0..................1
  13. Mikey....................0+1..................1
Samiad, [UKLFS] Aircav, [4SR] Scotty|A, [tsr.] David all have 0 points.
Cheers for that Josh, I forgot about LFSWorld as well.
Quote from joshdifabio :Notice Tristan doing a sneaky reset after his spin on lap 13...

Did we actually decide that? Anyway, I did it to get out of your way quicker No harm done.

Quote from joshdifabio :Tristan, watch this replay from your car and then say you never lag

I never NORMALLY lag. I think you are the second ever person to complain of my lagging (and I'm not disputing that I was last night). I don't know why. Maybe my wireless router was getting interference, or my dad was downloading emails (using POP3 and SMPT seem to cause lag for me :S).

Anyway - I drove badly, but as I hadn't really played LFS for a week, it wasn't too bad. I was surprised by the pace of everyone - much closer than last week. Maybe that was the problem - I was having to push a bit harder that last week...

And 8 points is better than none...
nil points

I quite like this GP too. Next week should be good, gonna get some praccy in early.
When someone is using the other computer and its lagging my connection i just pull their cable out the router... then im like 'how should i know why it's stopped working, i'll fix it later' lol.
Quote from joshdifabio :Well driven anyway VIP UA and CWMAX you didn't seem to make any mistakes unlike me and tristan (i was especially bad) but you were quick too... although i dunno what happened in the 2nd race, be nice if someone posted http://www.lfsforum.com/images/smilies/tongue.gif

yes, I'll post the mpr of the second race when I get home. You want the stats as well?

here's the replay: *click*

and here are the stats of the feature race: *click*
Where/When is next race?
Where is the next race? I havnt seen any schedule.
Ace, messed up race 1, was hoping for some good points in race 2 but I got disconnected in th 5min break so I wasn't sure whether to rejoin and race because I could've ended up a few laps down - chose not to in the end.
Quote from BlueShaun :Where is the next race? I havnt seen any schedule.

Calender:
Rounds 1 & 2
15/08/2005
Blackwood Grand Prix
Sprint: 16 laps
Feature: 32 laps

Rounds 3 & 4
22/08/2005
Aston National
Sprint: 12 laps
Feature: 24 laps

Rounds 5 & 6
29/08/2005
South City Town
16 laps
32 laps

Rounds 7 & 8
05/09/2005
Fern Bay Gold
16 laps
32 laps

Rounds 9 & 10
12/09/2005
Kyoto National
13 laps
26 laps
Thanks TheJag

Is there somewhere with this all posted? i cant find it here or RSC, and the homepage is just saying signups closed
It was posted on RSC... the thread kinda floated down a couple of pages though. Havn't done much running around Aston in the FOX, but at least I have plenty of time to practice.
Darktime are you doing what a few leagues do in not counting driver's worst race/track? I think it might be a good idea as quite a lot of people missed the 1st race or had problems like scotty. Also i guess a few people will be unable to make a race and it would be a shame for 1 track to ruin someones whole league.

PS. No Westhill? That's a quality track in the FoX shame we aren't racing there

Thanks, Josh.
Quote from joshdifabio :No Westhill? That's a quality track in the FoX shame we aren't racing there

I'll second that
I could add Westhill, not a problem.

Gotta say I'm working a lot at the moment and I've not had much time recently, I will sort everything out on Friday morning. I need to get the web site sorted out as well.

I've got some plans for how to improve things this time out.
I think I'm going to miss the race on Bank Holiday Monday, which is an arse! No chance of applying public holidays to this league????
hopefully i'll have more luck this time round lol
I'll send out emails tomorrow afternoon after work. I'll also post a set of rules and some other info. Basically the idea is that having rules will allow us to enforce them, so we can keep the races under more control. We actually do want a little higher standard of driving, especially at the start of the race. The first race was a little haphazard, that's to be expected, but the next race will hopefully be better.

We will also be inviting a few more drivers to the grid, as obviously not all drivers turned up last week.

Again sorry that there has not been more communication in the last week, I have been working a lot recently. More money! More work! Difficult balance...

I will spend Sunday getting the league website up and running, lots of cool stuff will be added and we will be able to discus league details out of the public eye.

UKLFS FOX League Signup
(115 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG