The online racing simulator
Require turning off engine for refuelling.
In almost every R/L road car and a lot of R/L racing cars (GT3 and similar cars included) need the engine to be turned of before refuelling can take place.

In GTR2 there is this (not helpful when you forget the restart engine button).

I'm not sure which cars should need this, deffo the road cars, maybe the FWD GTRs or the GTRs - MRT I'm not sure, I doubt the FOX and FO8 and obviously not the BF1.
The only reason I can imagine for this is safety, since I know for a fact road cars don't mind running while being refueled.
#3 - ajp71
The only reason for turning the engine off is for safety reasons. My Dad has refilled his road car with the engine running fine in the past (broken starter). The GT cars are also like that for safety reasons, ironically the series that use fuel cans, which present very little real danger normally require the engine off and no one working on the car, where series allowing full pressurised refuelling don't. I'd put this very very low on the list of things to do.
Quote from Forbin :The only reason I can imagine for this is safety, since I know for a fact road cars don't mind running while being refueled.

Yes, but LFS simulates pit lane safety rules already (the 80kph limit), why shouldn't it do others?
LFS cars don't have starters.
#6 - bbman
What do you get when you press "i" then?
#7 - CSU1
Ignition?
...which is useful in helping to start a car...
-
(CSU1) DELETED by CSU1
Quote from al heeley :...which is useful in helping to start a car...

But there still is no actual starter in LFS! The RPM just majically appears at idle somehow. Can't have a starter motor without having a battery being modeled correctly!
#10 - CSU1
Quote from wheel4hummer :But there still is no actual starter in LFS! The RPM just majically appears at idle somehow. Can't have a starter motor without having a battery being modeled correctly!

itsa a simulator
Much as it may be realistic to require engine shut-off for refuelling, I don't see how it would actually be an improvement to gameplay. It would annoy the crap out of me to have to shut off every time I entered the pits and I expect it would annoy the crap out of a lot of other people. No race sim that I've played makes you turn off your engine in the pits and I can't actually think of a RL race series that requires it either. Although I really only watch F1, MotoGP and the Aussie V8s - we don't get any Euro racing series down here on free TV, so do inform me if it does happen IRL.

It's a safety requirement that you turn off the engine before refuelling at a service station here, but LFS road cars aren't exactly normal. Limitless adjustability aside, they're not even running on the road ...
Quote from Hankstar :No race sim that I've played makes you turn off your engine in the pits and I can't actually think of a RL race series that requires it either. Although I really only watch F1, MotoGP and the Aussie V8s - we don't get any Euro racing series down here on free TV, so do inform me if it does happen IRL.

Some classes in FIA GT force the engine to be turned off and almost everything in British GT. This is simulated correctly in GTR2.
Not real
It not real turning the car of, when refueling. Have u ever see this in other race classes. I don't. Not in Formule classes. but also not in normal car classes.
Quote from Cybercool :It not real turning the car of, when refueling. Have u ever see this in other race classes. I don't. Not in Formule classes. but also not in normal car classes.

For the third time, some GT classes!
nKPro models the starter and battery. If you crank the engine too many times with the ignition off your battery dies.
annoying when u realise u flicked that cockpit ignition while going for the starter and your now sitting in the middle of the track with a flat battery with no hope of restarting.
If that's how it is in real life with GT cars, then +1 from me.
good suggestion, but only applicable if you follow through with other lemans roules and car types *hint scawen*
#19 - JTbo
In quite popular endurance class here you need to shut down engine when coming to pits, then car is pushed to marked refuelling spot and fuelled (pumps are not allowed), then again pushed out and after that started, also you can fill only 20 litres at one stop so it takes quite long time, usually driver is changed there too and if tires are needed to changed those must not be done in marked refuelling spot.

Very different compared to many other series.

Yes, shutting off engine while refuelling should be possible to set mandatory like pitstop.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG