The online racing simulator
S2 Alpha Patch Q
(160 posts, closed, started )
Quote from Scawen :There are no physics updates.The important physics updates are the next thing on the list!

I don't want to be boring, but can you list the most important future physic changes or updates? :hidesbehi
Nice work S

-The Knowster, NONo443
by the way, you might notice a FPS increase because...

i use the Nvidia GFX profiler for LFS, so when you update to patch Q your EXE gets overwritten, thus your LFS settings change. I need to reset my AA and AF settings back upto what they were before, or at least re-select the EXE file.

just a thought anyway, you guys might be getting a genuine increase for another reason
#29 - axus
I had no AA or AF previously. Now I can run them and still get the same frame rates or keep them off and go 20-30 more than before. I think this text thing affects low end graphics cards more then high end ones, which is always good.
#30 - dmcs
Do I need patches A-P to put on Q?
If so, where do I find the other patches?
Quote from dmcs :Do I need patches A-P to put on Q?
If so, where do I find the other patches?

No, just Q will be fine
Thx Scawen your efforts are much appreciated
Damn! it's like LFS is a living organism it just keeps growing and growing :hyper:
Forgive my exubrence.. its early morning here :dopey:
Nose up cars look goofy, it's going to be nice to have that fixed.
cheers hunnybunny,
#35 - dmcs
It's installed now. Now when I go to "Display List of Games", it self switches to windowed mode. I've restart the application and it still does this. Any ideas? Is this a setting I can update?
[sarcastic mode on]
thanks a lot!!!!!!!!!! the new wonderful chat it's so amazing...now i can chat in japanese while i'm racing!!!!!
[sarcastic mode off]

the "funniest" thing is that chinese was left out...but they are the most numerous people...
So... P12 a few days ago. Q today. Scawen posting all over the forums...

I'm beginning to think they're twins. Or there is a clone... or something.

Great news all the way around. Thanks for all the hard work.
Quote from dmcs :It's installed now. Now when I go to "Display List of Games", it self switches to windowed mode. I've restart the application and it still does this. Any ideas? Is this a setting I can update?

DMCS, there should be an option saying something to the effect of "windowed mode while connecting (yes/no)" in the connection screen. Default was "yes" if I recall. Just change to "no".
CMX viewer will be updated to work with patch Q ???

because since tests patchs i have to put viewer in a other folder, because if i put cmx in my lfs folder i can't start it, he said "ERROR: could not start font"
thats probably because u overwrote the updated lfs font in \data\abc with older viewer font.
just unpack patch Q and it will work fine.
lfsviewer works fine here and so does newest lfs.
Thanks for the update.
Quote from Honey :the "funniest" thing is that chinese was left out...but they are the most numerous people...

If LFS would be changed to be able to write chinese it would(will?) take a lot longer than it took now. It would need about complete rewrite of everything relating to text and involves thousands of lines of code. http://www.lfsforum.net/showth ... 848&highlight=unicode

The "funniest" thing is this:
Finland's population 5,223,442
china's population 1,306,313,812

Finland's share of LFS racers 3.9%
china's share of LFS racers dunno, they all fit in the "other 4.0%" category

http://www.lfsworld.net/?win=r ... ;whichTab=stats&abc=6

@Scawen, can you elaborate what does "New ^9 code - restore original colour without changing codepage" do? I tested that, but only found it typed the text "^9". Also why is the color/codepage selector hidden? IMO it should be shown always, waayy too much "oh cool I can do this too" stuff hidden already in LFS which you discover only by pressing each and every button in LFS UI or scrummaging through every forum post
Great work devs!

Malaysian LFS players are happy!

Thanks for the new patch!
Quote from Honey :
the "funniest" thing is that chinese was left out...but they are the most numerous people...

To implememnt chinese characters would have taken much longer (like 10x as long) I'm sure he will do it though if you really want but then you'll have to wait awhile for your beloved physics updates
Thank you! You should add something like ingame Newsbox , so guys who don`t check forum (or site) can know that New Patch is released or it is week to OLFSL event.
Thankyooooooooou Scawen
Quote from Lible :Thank you! You should add something like ingame Newsbox , so guys who don`t check forum (or site) can know that New Patch is released or it is week to OLFSL event.

As soon as you go online you can see there's a new patch, because on the left hand side of the servers list you will see several servers running Q but yes maybe its a good idea for when incompatible patches are released
Thank you Scawen.
Please update main site not only with Q patch, but full Q version too. It will help starters, which often download only main file..
Quote from Honey :the "funniest" thing is that chinese was left out...but they are the most numerous people...

As two people said here before me, Chinese, Korean and Japanese Kanji contain thousands of letters, so it's a different task, which is best left until the future, when there's no-one left using older versions of Windows, and we all have a later version of DirectX, because Unicode and so on, is supported better with Windows XP.

The only reason we could do a Japanese codepage, is because Japanese has a special text called "Katakana" which is something like an alphabet, containing letters like "KA" and "RO". It's useful for writing words when the Kanji character is not known (because in Kanji, which is based on Chinese writing, each character means a word, and you can't just figure out how to write a word just by hearing it - you need to know the Kanji).

So all Japanese people are familiar with Katakana, it's useful for chat and looks cool, even though in LFS they can't write full Kanji.
This thread is closed

S2 Alpha Patch Q
(160 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG