The online racing simulator
new reason to release the lx8
(29 posts, started )
...as we all know the lx 8 was dropped because it would not be driveable with s1 physics and it would have no competitor. still it would be a hell a fun to drive this little beast.
now to my new reason: caterham is releasing the x330 to celebrate their 50st aniversary. this car has only a 4 cylinder engine, but 330hp and 300nm torque. the power to weight ratio is pretty high...
so if the devs wanted to give us something new to drive i think the lx8 is the way to go. the car must be easy to implement, because it is done to the most part already. the argument that there would be no competitor is not valid anymore, because there are other cars already in the game which stand alone...

please don´t just flame because i beat a dead horse, but i´m an lx6 addict and i need a higher dose of that...

peace mo
Here is more information and pictures if any of you haven't seen it yet.

(although this really isn't any better of a reason to drop the LX8, we don't really know why it was dropped)

The only time I would want an LX8 would be if it looked like that picture Tweaker posted of that Caterham with a full roll bar, semislicks (maybe full slicks). A real car made for racing.

P.S. In my mind for those curious, the LX8 and the LXR are different cars.
#3 - DeKo
I would really support the LX8, but it would have to have slicks. A copy of that new one^^ with road tyres would be just a fast LX6, which would be fairly boring.
#4 - ajp71
Maybe the LX8 could replace the LX6, given that it would be slightly faster than the Rover V8 power Seven cars. It could be left like the LX6 is now with road tires, about 200 bhp from a torquey low revving 3.5 litre rumbling V8 on a 5 speed 'box and be a match for the other LRF cars.

The LX6 could then become the racing LX with full cage, slicks, no hood option and no headlights. Seeing as a small peaky engine is far more realistic and suited to a racing superlight car than a big V8, which whilst fun isn't a sensible choice.
i agree with ajp71
#6 - heson
Quote from XCNuse :In my mind for those curious, the LX8 and the LXR are different cars.

Amen to that.

With the S1 physics the LX6 was more than a handfull, in later S2 versions its very controlable. Time is right for LX8 time is right for more POWER!
Quote from ajp71 :Maybe the LX8 could replace the LX6, given that it would be slightly faster than the Rover V8 power Seven cars. It could be left like the LX6 is now with road tires, about 200 bhp from a torquey low revving 3.5 litre rumbling V8 on a 5 speed 'box and be a match for the other LRF cars.

The LX6 could then become the racing LX with full cage, slicks, no hood option and no headlights. Seeing as a small peaky engine is far more realistic and suited to a racing superlight car than a big V8, which whilst fun isn't a sensible choice.

Well why to mix up everything like that. Talking about LX8 is silly, the whole concept of V8 was a bit silly, if there was a new LX it should be race prepped and caller R, S (super) or C (club). The name is irrelevant, but race prep without wings and lots of power are essential!
Lxr Ftw!!
that would be SOOOO cool!123456789!
While it's all very well thinking up reasons WHY we should have the LX8, I would REALLY be interested in reasons WHY we shouldn't, because IMO, there is no valid reason why we shouldn't have it already, it's modelled and ready to go into LFS, so why don't we have it?
Quote from danowat :While it's all very well thinking up reasons WHY we should have the LX8, I would REALLY be interested in reasons WHY we shouldn't, because IMO, there is no valid reason why we shouldn't have it already, it's modelled and ready to go into LFS, so why don't we have it?

Because it was undrivable for the physics? There's a kart modelled from what I hear but we don't have chassis flex yet, so it would be pointless, There was an MRT5 with wings but that was only a test mule for the single seaters.
LX8 would be a nice addition to LFS right about now, just to tie us over till the next big big patch!

Speaking of stuff we dont have

Bus, anyone?
-
(ussbeethoven) DELETED by ussbeethoven
thats soo cool, how did you get a bus lol
Hahahaha Buses! Beautiful! I'd race those!
There was a thread about it a few days ago, but i cant seem to find it for you
But why not just make it lxr that way it would be compititive with the gtr class espichally with its power to weight raito
Quote from niall09 :There was a thread about it a few days ago, but i cant seem to find it for you

got deleted.
Damn those busses look nice... we could simulate traffic jams on the Kyoto oval :P
id love to see the lx8 in the game after all the lx6 is a great car to cruise around the tracks in

Quote from Rooble :LX8 would be a nice addition to LFS right about now, just to tie us over till the next big big patch!

Speaking of stuff we dont have :

Bus, anyone?

should run that on tweak server ... would be so much fun in the car park or the live to cruise server s

That bus movie made my afternoon.
thanks all for your replies, it seems the horse isn´t dead already...
even the cruisers like it, the driftstars will love it and the racers can make setups for incredible laptimes. what about an option for roadtires or slicks and only slight race modifications like a private racecar, not a full blown factory race car?
and if eric made us a nice busstop we can call this the first complete online race simulator including traffic jam and vip shuttle...

peace mo
LXs are the least used cars. What difference would LX8, LX10 or LX33½ make?
Quote from deggis :LXs are the least used cars. What difference would LX8, LX10 or LX33½ make?

They would be used even more less?
There would be more for the obscure WR table, like UF1/AS6R and the more obscure combos.

(29 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG