The online racing simulator
Question about the Clutch Pack LSD..
Does it wear out? I got stuck in the sand with the FOX so instead of just re-setting the car I decided to see how long it would take to get out...It may of just been me but I noticed that over time the LSD seemed to work less and less almost like it was wearing out...mind you this is over a 20min period... (yes, I did this for 20min)...

So again, my question is do the diffs wear out over time? If this has been asked before I apologize.
AFAIK, they dont.

You probably wore out the tyres, hence the stuck for over 20 mins.
The inclination of the track greatly influences how good you can travel sandtraps in slicked race cars. If you go "downhill" then even the singleseaters rarely have a problem moving on, but as soon as you approach even the slightest "uphill" section you're basically doomed if you don't have the speed to overcome it. Maybe you were just on the edge of such a inclination change and thus it seemed as the diff slowly got less effective? Because I'm pretty sure LSD clutch wear is not modelled. Before we go that far we'll probably get clutch and brake wear first.
#4 - bbman
Might sound stupid, but why exactly should the diff wear out? From my understanding, the two plates are pressed together unless there is a (big) torque difference from cornering... And as both wheels spun rather pointlessly, there wouldn't be (much) a difference...
Quote from bbman :Might sound stupid, but why exactly should the diff wear out? From my understanding, the two plates are pressed together unless there is a (big) torque difference from cornering... And as both wheels spun rather pointlessly, there wouldn't be (much) a difference...

Like any 'clutch' over time they wear...my buddy just blew his out in his mustang...
maybe you was overrevving it?
and clutch wear haven't yet been programmed into lfs.
#7 - bbman
Quote from Homeless_Drunk :Like any 'clutch' over time they wear...my buddy just blew his out in his mustang...

Yeah, from long hard cornering, thus slipping over a good period of time... Not from 20 minutes spinning tires, where there shouldn't be any (noticable) slip...
LSD wear, if modelled, would take thousands of miles. Not really going to have an effect in 20 mins.
I suffer a similar situation with the XRT today. I just press gas to the top and press/release clutch all time. In about 30 seconds the car was again on track
Quote from bbman :Yeah, from long hard cornering, thus slipping over a good period of time... Not from 20 minutes spinning tires, where there shouldn't be any (noticable) slip...

Quote from Bob Smith :LSD wear, if modelled, would take thousands of miles. Not really going to have an effect in 20 mins.

I understand this...It just struck me as odd that it was progressively easier to do a "one-wheelie-peelie" in the sand...tire wear wasn't an issue, it was on a level spot too, each wheel had the same amount of weight being transfered to it...just found it odd...I know LFS doesn't have any mechanical wear other than the simplistic engine damage yet...thats why I was curious if anyone else had experienced what I had...
Maybe new features are evolving into the software without actually being programmed... Sweet!

(Hm, I guess that's what we call "bugs")

Ontopic: You're tripping dude.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG