The online racing simulator
Monoposto FOX.
(16 posts, started )
Monoposto FOX.
A monoposto car is an open wheeled formula without a front or rear wing. The disadvantage is obvious, but it would be really fun to learn how to drive fast without the aid of aerodynamics.

How about it? I am envisioning in the setup screen that you can turn off the rear wings like how you can have either roof or not with the UF1.
So basically it is like a Formula Ford?

We badly need a formula ford in LFS.
I'd rather have a little formula vee
Formula Vee FTW. I might be racing one of those next year...

[On-topic] Yeah, it would be good to get a wing-less single seater
Monoposto = "single-seater" in Italian.

Ducati uses the word to refer to their bikes that have no passenger seat.

I may be missing out on a common usage of the word to refer to wingless single-seaters but the word itself literally refers to all single-seaters.
#6 - ajp71
^^ Yeah Monoposto is usually the name given to open single seater championships, like Formula Libre but restricted to single seaters only. The Monoposto series in the UK is a club running various small single seaters, mostly winged and the US monoposto club is a club for historic single seaters ranging from small wingless cars to small block cars.
Formula Ford/Vee, hell yes Skinny tyres, no aero, 1600/1800cc engines, too much fun :up:

Of course, there'd be endless comparisons to nKP but who cares? The more the merrier
Quote from ajp71 :^^ Yeah Monoposto is usually the name given to open single seater championships, like Formula Libre but restricted to single seaters only. The Monoposto series in the UK is a club running various small single seaters, mostly winged and the US monoposto club is a club for historic single seaters ranging from small wingless cars to small block cars.

Ahhh...now I see the differences. Well, here in the US, Formula Ford and F1 cars from the 50's and 60's we call monoposto.
The only time I ever heard the term "Monoposto" was when Hotwheels made a car called the Monoposto. It was a single-seated prototype kinda thing. Not even an open-wheeler :P

In either case... Formula Vee FTW!!
+1, Nice one Jayhawk
+1 for formula Vee and may i suggest Formula Super Vee?
Anyone know what these are? I'd specifically like to know what the black one is (second in line).

I took this pic at the 2005 Sommet des Legends at le Circuit Mont Tremblant. So many beautiful cars were there...
Attached images
100_0326.jpg
Quote from MAGGOT :Anyone know what these are? I'd specifically like to know what the black one is (second in line).

A pair of Brabham BT29s?
FFord would be good, but so would a Formula BMW - like a smaller FOX
#15 - Tomi
I too only heard the term monoposto in the Ducati catalog...
Yeah sure, all kinds of new cars would be nice..

Monoposto FOX.
(16 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG