The online racing simulator
#1 - amp88
Add time remaining to "Too early to restart" text
Another simple one from me. If you vote to restart too early (i.e. before the rstmin and rstend periods) at the moment you get the message that it's "Too early to restart" and the restart vote is cancelled. Changing the message to tell you how long you need to wait to vote would be handy, something like "Too early to restart - please wait x seconds".
I think it's not time based..

I think it's based on how many people and which people are finished.

So it has no use, BUT I'm not sure if ^^ is true
#3 - amp88
Quote from BlakjeKaas :I think it's not time based..

I think it's based on how many people and which people are finished.

So it has no use, BUT I'm not sure if ^^ is true

I can assure you it's time based. Hosts can set the rstmin and rstend (the time to wait for restarts after the beginning of the race and the time to wait for restarts after the current race has finished respectively) to whatever values they choose (see this section of LFS Manual).
I'm not sure if the latest patches have altered this, but afaik 240 seconds is the most I've been able to get. So it's not so long to wait in any event.
#5 - amp88
Quote from Doorman :I'm not sure if the latest patches have altered this, but afaik 240 seconds is the most I've been able to get. So it's not so long to wait in any event.

Well, the point is that since hosts can alter it to whatever value they wish it varies from server to server. Some set it to 0, some to 60 seconds, some to 90 seconds etc. The only way at the moment to know when you can vote is to arbitrarily try voting at different time periods.
Quote from amp88 :Well, the point is that since hosts can alter it to whatever value they wish it varies from server to server. Some set it to 0, some to 60 seconds, some to 90 seconds etc. The only way at the moment to know when you can vote is to arbitrarily try voting at different time periods.

And my point is, as the maximum time you'd have to wait is only 240 seconds or 4 minutes, what's the rush? Take a breather, chill, get a beer, take a leak.
Quote from amp88 :Well, the point is that since hosts can alter it to whatever value they wish it varies from server to server. Some set it to 0, some to 60 seconds, some to 90 seconds etc. The only way at the moment to know when you can vote is to arbitrarily try voting at different time periods.

+1
It sounds simple but actually it's a very nice improvement.
#8 - amp88
Quote from Doorman :And my point is, as the maximum time you'd have to wait is only 240 seconds or 4 minutes, what's the rush? Take a breather, chill, get a beer, take a leak.

Are you sure the limit is 240 seconds? I remember a post in the past where the host had set the limit to 5 minutes.
you can vote the end of the race or the qualify, and then restart....
this take only 5 seconds...
Quote from amp88 :Are you sure the limit is 240 seconds? I remember a post in the past where the host had set the limit to 5 minutes.

Pretty sure. mind you it's been a while since I configured Dead Men Racing so subsequent patches may have altered it but I don't think so. I'll have a go at increasing the time and get back to you.

EDIT: Mmm, hard to say on an empty server :-)
if the limit really is only 240 seconds, then there is no need for this improvement because 4 mins is not too long to wait. On the other hand, if there is no limit, this is an excellent suggestiong
Quote from Doorman :And my point is, as the maximum time you'd have to wait is only 240 seconds or 4 minutes, what's the rush? Take a breather, chill, get a beer, take a leak.

I think the point is that you'll know how long you'll have to do those things if it can tell you when you attempt to vote

Nice addition imo.
The fly in this ointment is that voting isn't disabled except for the first 4 minutes and 4 minutes after the end of a race . For instance, in a field of say 10 drivers, sinbad, P1LOT, SparkyDave, Barros and Aazazaa all finish 7/8ths of a lap in front of everyone else and vote restart. Bosh! Race restarts with 5 others being denied a finish.
I'm not suggesting that any of the above mentioned gentlemen would do such a thing but you get the point.
I for one would like to see voting restart disabled on an admined server(as an option of course)
I can categorically state the 300 seconds is the limit for rstmin and rstend.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG