The online racing simulator
Computer Stuttering very badly
(16 posts, started )
hi all,

recently my computer has started stuttering very badly when playin LFS. I'm not sure what it is, but when i turn it off i get the please wait whil ccApp.exe ends screen. ccApp is my anti virus i think so i disabled that and the problem still continues.

I have tried updating my driver but that also doesnt fix it. its getting worse and very very frustrating.

When im just using my computer normally its fine but after i have left the pits on LFS it starts stuttering and sometimes continues even after i have quit LFS.

oh and by the way i think it has started after i did a defragmentation.i have also run virus scan and found nothing.

any ideas??
What are your computer specifications? That would help a lot in determining the problem.
okay its a HP Pavilion dv2000 Windows XP laptop
AMD Turion 64 X2 1.6GHz
1GB RAM
Direct X 9.0c
nVidia GeForce Go 6150 256MB Graphics card

anything else u need to know?
have you tried making the anti-virus program, exclude the LFS folder.

As if LFS requires to load a file, then the anti virus will go "hold on mate, I need to check that file first", which could cause a hell of a lot of issues.

Also, generally while on LFS, you're not going to contract any virus' so why not just disable it while you're playing LFS (make sure that you're not auto receiving emails via outloook though). Also, try just turning off the "realtime" virus check .

Try close any other software down that could be causing it, messengers, other apps that are in the task bar.

Also, do you use xfire? I found that sometimes xfire causes games to lag, specially LFS!

Hope this helps!
#5 - ebola
You are using Norton, not particularly efficient on resources.
but thats the thing... i disabled it completely by removing it from the startup using codestuff starter and still had the problem.
Hey Ossie m8, are you using a software firewall? Try disabling it for a bit to see if that helps. I used to have the same problem. Turned off auto updater fixed it I think..
My computer stutters too, and I've found that my hard drive is at fault for some reason. Maybe your hard drive has developed a problem in reading or writing files. But since it's a laptop it may be very difficult to plug in another hard drive and see if the problem persists.
#9 - arco
Try and completely uninstall Norton. Then run the Norton Removal Tool
It could be Norton causing the hiccups. Also, enter the bios setup and run a harddrive diagnostic to determine if it's healthy or not. I've serviced a heck of a lot HP notebooks with faulty harddrives, so it certainly could be that what's causing the stutter.
Quote from arco :Try and completely uninstall Norton. Then run the Norton Removal Tool
It could be Norton causing the hiccups. Also, enter the bios setup and run a harddrive diagnostic to determine if it's healthy or not. I've serviced a heck of a lot HP notebooks with faulty harddrives, so it certainly could be that what's causing the stutter.

okay im quite a novice with computers, i know how to enter bios setup but dont know how to run a hard drive diagnostic?

i will try disabling auto updater now because i think it may be this...
#11 - arco
When you're in bios setup, you'll probably find it under Tools and HDD Self-Test, or something.
The problem is that no program will tell you your hard drive is bad. I've tried, and they all say it's in good working order, but I know it doesn't work well. It would be great if you could try to install another hard drive in your PC, install Windows on it, then see if the problem is still there. That's what a junkie like me did .
stuttering
hi im having same problem i recently went from my laptop which it ran smooth to my dell 3ghz with 2 gig mem nvidia 5200 (nt that good) n built in sound,must add aswell it happens on single player and multiplayer,thanks in advance
sorted it now,it was to do with sound lag setting in misc part
You should look into power management for laptop usage. Then in option box, try to choose portable/laptop mode or max battery.
Three year bumpage.. Oh my. :bananadea

Is your drivers up to date, Is this global stuttering? More info would be nice.

(16 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG