The online racing simulator
#1 - CSU1
A way to make LX more popular:
Give demo users the LX4 - simple as, after driving thousands of demo miles in the LX, the up and coming S2 owners to be will be little flyers=)

...would also be HUGE 'news' too
Quote from CSU1 :Give demo users the LX4 - simple as, after driving thousands of demo miles in the LX, the demo racers will be little flyers=)

Fixed.
#3 - CSU1
Quote from geeman1 :Fixed.

nope, is that humour? ?

'the up and coming S2 owners"...whats wrong with that???
#4 - Bean0
There's way too many people who are perfectly happy with the demo as it is, and will probably never buy S2.

Giving them another car, possibly the most balanced car in the game, certainly won't help convert them.
#5 - CSU1
Quote from Bean0 :There's way too many people who are perfectly happy with the demo as it is, and will probably never buy S2.

Giving them another car, possibly the most balanced car in the game, certainly won't help convert them.

yeah, you're right ppl are happy with 3 cars, but giving them the LX4 both 'forces' to learn and love the car, and gives em a bigger taste of the pie
And the bigger taste of the pie FOR FREE makes them even happier with the demo so that they dont BUY the full version.
#7 - garph
What if the devs created competitions based around the LX cars, maybe something like skins or maybe even a driving challenge with prizes, that way it would get interest in the cars and more people driving the cars, hopefully continuing to drive them after the competition is done?

...just and idea.
Man, you are so creative.

You should forward that idea to the devs!
#9 - garph
#10 - CSU1
Quote from zeugnimod :And the bigger taste of the pie FOR FREE makes them even happier with the demo so that they dont BUY the full version.

yeah right ...dont think thats gonna stop you buying s2, imo it will result in:
      Edit: ok,ok judging from the sarcasim its been suggested before, yes?
      I think the LX's difficult handling (imo) would be a huge turn-off for demo racers.
      Quote from CSU1 :Edit: ok,ok judging from the sarcasim its been suggested before, yes?

giving demo racers Pie? no, never
      more demo content - yes, it has... and always got a big "BOOOOOOOO" as a answer
      #13 - CSU1
      Quote from squidhead :giving demo racers Pie? no, never
      more demo content - yes, it has... and always got a big "BOOOOOOOO" as a answer

Pie is just the extra nice bit the important bit is, this is a simple way to make LX more popular in the future. Everybody will be fluent in LX - the least used car in the sim. I don't drive it(never could) but the facts speek for themselfs. Let's force them demo ricers drive teh bloody thing..it can only do good for the future of the least used car in LFS.
      The LX4 is one of the sweetest cars in the demo, certainly don't want to give that to them. Possibly the XRT could be removed because it's a fairly hard to drive car which puts some off and give them something a little different in return, maybe one of the small GTRs.

Another thought I had about demo users was, wait for it, giving them the oval with all cars unlocked for offline use without AI or laptimes, effectively so they can get a glimpse of all the cars but not be able to race them and then give them one combo for use online.
      Quote from CSU1 :Give demo users the LX4 - simple as, after driving thousands of demo miles in the LX, the up and coming S2 owners to be will be little flyers=)

...would also be HUGE 'news' too

I agree... to an extent, i think an extra car would be nice, and alot of people would by the game, just to see what the LX6 is like!
      #16 - CSU1
      no:doh:...it's just silly to say "oh, lets take away one car and add another", and to say that they would buy S2 quicker just to see what the LX6 is like is not right because that would just be the same no matter what car you gave them. The suggestion is simple, add the LX4 to make the class more popular, thats all....no removing cars.
      I say leave the demo the way it is. Three cars that act completely different from each other is good enough.
      I bought S2 because I loved the physics and the XRT was so fun to drive and I figured if the demo was that fun, the full version should be even better and oh boy was that a good thought. If the demo had a LX4 as well... I might still be a demo user.

THANK GOD FOR :bhm:
      My impression of the demo was really bad, but i don't think the devs want to know what made me buy it :P
      I'd rather give them the RB4. If i had a choise of TBO cars or an LX4 on a server. I'd choose an LX4 becuase its faster. from what i've seen on demo servers they're always taking about NOS, cheats to go faster, drifting, twindrifting, cracks and hacks. the demo users get enogh already: patch Q LFStweak, 5 track layouts, 3 cars, unlimited demo servers, and much more.

Quote :LFS only charges for content, if you could make infinite cars in the demo, this would remove an important benefit of owning a license.

It depends if that 'content' is going to sell... after all. your buying a game that after playing the demo.. you still know nothing about.
      >Pokes the demo with a pointed stick<
      i don't think so
      Quote from BlueFlame :My impression of the demo was really bad, but i don't think the devs want to know what made me buy it :P

You bought it so you can flame everyone here and troll how GPL is better without us telling you "BUY S2".
      Quote from BlueFlame :your buying a game that after playing the demo.. you still know nothing about.

:feedtroll
      If I was a dev, I would say.....

.... I would only give the Demo Racers more cars........ If they Paid me for them!!! ....

If not.... demos exist for a reason.... 'to taste the pie, but not eat the pie'! U Pay to Eat The pie!
      I'd rather let the demo users have only simplified physics because the physics and online play are the very basics of LFS. The various tracks and cars are just a cherry on top. I played the demo for a loooong time because all I wanted was realistic handling and free online play. Why did I pay for S2 then? Because I had some spare money and didn't know what to do with it. As I say, restrict the online play to (let's say) 4 players max on a server with some limited physics to give them just a glimpse (no custom setups for example). That would make them buy the full game, not even more free content. They already have enough, I know that, I've been there

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG