The online racing simulator
Mclaren 2008
(87 posts, started )
Quote from duke_toaster :I think Alonso should go for blackmailing Ron (I would have sacked him immediatly).

Would you now? An expert at employment law you are not. Neither are you privvy to the wordings of Alonso's contract. Maybe he isn't 'sackable'...
Quote from tristancliffe :Would you now? An expert at employment law you are not. Neither are you privvy to the wordings of Alonso's contract. Maybe he isn't 'sackable'...

From what is known about his contract it seems he is pretty much unsackable.. That doesn't mean the team can't make things difficult for him, and it doesn't mean they can't give Hamilton priority over him either.

If I was Ron Dennis I'd drag my feet over anything to do with Alonso's car, setups, mechanics, everything. Keep everything within the rules obviously, but it seems Alonso is the type that will walk if he doesn't have everything his own way...
Quote from tristancliffe :Figures please, or did you make that up?

Quote from Wikipedia :They consume around 650 litres (23 ft³) of air per second. Race fuel consumption rate is normally around 75 litres per 100 kilometres travelled (3.1 US mpg - 3.8 UK mpg).

Okay, so its Wikipedia, not the best places to research obviously.
Right, and now we need figures for other types of motorsport - Champcar, NASCAR, GP2, Truck racing, Drag Racing.... Then we need to take into account number of laps, number of drivers, distances to races, efficiency of transport (shared boats/planes), amount of media coverage, pollution from the hundreds and hundreds of companies that support each type of motorsport... And that's just the tip of the iceberg. You can start taking into account the improvements in road car technology that F1 has brought, including and certainly not limited to aerodynamics, tyres, engines, electronics etc, and compare THAT to the other forms of motorsport. Factor in the amount of energy required to watch it, broadcast it, post about it on the internet...

You can't. It's not really comparible. Honda's initiative with the Earth car has almost nothing to do with F1, just like cigarettes or whiskey do, but it's an advertising hoarding. Honda are, in other ventures, pursuing greener techniques, technologies. So are other companies, but they'd rather promote smoking, drink driving etc.

Are do you think the Earth concept was them trying to make F1 cars greener?
FTR Rosberg's already said he's contracted to Williams for next year and he intends to stay there. IMO he's probably the only driver at the moment who isn't in a top team who deserves to be in one. He's been quietly getting on with his job all season, no dramas, no tantrums, regular points, bit like a younger Heidfeld I suppose.

If McLaren are expecting Hamilton to lead their championship challenge for the next few years they don't need a superstar in the second car. It only leads to disruptive handbag battles (Senna/Prost, Raikkonen/Montoya, Hamilton/Alonso) when you've got two championship-capable drivers anyway. Maybe Button would be a good choice, or Webber. I would be grinning from ear to ear if they put Sato in the car but it'll never happen.
Okay okay, I get the point sheesh

Edit: +1 for Sato in a McLaren
I'd put my money on Alonso staying at McCheatlaren. Don't actually know why everyone is speculating he is leaving, there isn't really other competitive teams around than Ferrari...and he doesn't really look good in red.
#33 - DeKo
Quote from Blackout :I'd put my money on Alonso staying at McCheatlaren. Don't actually know why everyone is speculating he is leaving, there isn't really other competitive teams around.

Im pretty sure ron wont want him in his team. Plus, alonso hates getting his ass handed to him by an amateur, he doesnt seem happy at all. He'll be gone. And anyway, if he brought his apparent 6 tenths to mclaren, why cant he do that with other teams?
Quote from DeKo :Im pretty sure ron wont want him in his team. Plus, alonso hates getting his ass handed to him by an amateur, he doesnt seem happy at all. He'll be gone. And anyway, if he brought his apparent 6 tenths to mclaren, why cant he do that with other teams?

Well IF he can bring that 6 tenths for the team, why they wanted to get rid of him? Would be mad letting away such a valuable man, no matter how much pain in the arse he is. Alonso is sort of driver who doesn't like competition inside the team, he won both his titles that way, but he better get used to it. Now in Belgium, it seemed the order inside the team had changed to what it should have been the whole season. Hamilton wasn't that quick compared to Alonso, don't know if the data sharing actually had some effect on Hamilton's speed and wasn't just excuses spread by the Spanish inquisition and Alonso fanboys. It would look like it but it's hard to tell.

He could probably go back to Renault, but at the moment that option doesn't look that good if he wants to fight for the title. Besides he would want Fisi as his sidekick so he can't loose, and I wouldn't really like that. I rather see Kovalainen driving the other Renault.
#35 - DeKo
i was being sarcastic about the 6 tenths or whatever, there is no chance in the world he done that. Maybe a couple, but one of the main reasons i dislike him is because he said that, making it look as if the hundreds of engineers who work non-stop on making the car faster look like they did nothing.
TBH Alonso does look like he's a couple of tenths quicker than Hamilton anyway. Whether Hamilton will go any faster with a full season of F1 under his belt remains to be seen, but at the moment Alonso is clearly quicker.

As such, I don't think McLaren would want him going anywhere any time soon, but at the same time I doubt they'll offer him #1 status to keep him either.
#37 - Gunn
Quote from DeKo :I And anyway, if he brought his apparent 6 tenths to mclaren, why cant he do that with other teams?

Because he isn't receiving any secret emails anymore.

"Hey Ron, I've got a few tenths for you, I'll just check my inbox and get right back to you."
Adrian Sutil
Vettel could take the spot and do well, i wouldn't be surprised if it happens as long as Torro Rosso is bought by Ferrari.
#40 - aoun
BRAZILLL!
Vettel is really getting out paced by his team mate. but i would expect that after only just joining a team. i would say sutil would be good but he likes going off the track alot..
Ms at Mclaren will never happen. Ms hates Mclaren its his Rival team to him, joining would be like joining the dark side..
Well Webber i think hasn't signed a contract yet, so he could be in contention as he has a good record(never been out scored by a team mate).
Yes, but he's never done anything else. Shame. He was supposed to be really good, but he's a bit of a Trulli.
Quote from DeKo :i was being sarcastic about the 6 tenths or whatever, there is no chance in the world he done that. Maybe a couple, but one of the main reasons i dislike him is because he said that, making it look as if the hundreds of engineers who work non-stop on making the car faster look like they did nothing.

Yes, I was being sarcastic with my IF too (notice it was on big letters). But McCheat needs an experienced driver to develop the car, Hamilton can't have that much experience with F1 yet.

Well, if Ron says they have cold relations it might be true, or he might just say that to avoid saying what they have been talking. They have plenty of time fix that now when the scandal is mostly over. But only real chance I see for him is Renault.
I just want to be diffrent and say Webber all the way for the open spot, you know he can do something its just the car he drives Btw rumored on Wiki was that Bruno Senna could get a drive in the next few years, you never know they might not even want another driver within the championship, i mean who ever heard of Lewis Hamilton on a large scale other then his F1 career?

Anyway i did see Spa and my god Alonsa and Hamilton, did u see Alonso try and take out Hamilton right at the start, some role model he is, stubbon prick
Quote from AstroBoy :I just want to be diffrent and say Webber all the way for the open spot, you know he can do something its just the car he drives Btw rumored on Wiki was that Bruno Senna could get a drive in the next few years, you never know they might not even want another driver within the championship, i mean who ever heard of Lewis Hamilton on a large scale other then his F1 career?

Anyway i did see Spa and my god Alonsa and Hamilton, did u see Alonso try and take out Hamilton right at the start, some role model he is, stubbon prick

Webber won't be in a top team... ever.

Bruno Senna isn't honed enough yet

Lewis was well known in British F3 and GP2. Plenty knew about him since his links with McLaren started.

As it says in this weeks Autosport, the racing is a battlefield, not a finishing school. No need to be too polite about matters. Hamilton will have to learn that people won't always let him passed like Kimi did in Monza (which was an easy pass of a slightly crippled car - Kimi didn't even bother defending properly).
Quote from AstroBoy : i mean who ever heard of Lewis Hamilton on a large scale other then his F1 career?

Watch this video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mwnB3OL42tM - Lewis Hamilton GP2 2006 Turkey.

Lewis has been a big thing in motorsport for along time, the guys been on national TV (bluepeter) at 10 or 12, not to mention his karting days.

Oh and i cant see schui coming back to F1 at all now, i wouldnt think he was bored. Have you seen the house he was building? http://www.motorsport.com/phot ... Visit_of_Michael_Schumach
#49 - DeKo
Quote from lizardfolk :Adrian Sutil

that actually wouldnt be such a bad idea. He's been out-performing the car all season, he deserves a chance in a decent car to let his true potential come out. He's a bit inconsistant but that could be fixed given a bit of time.
One person really only seems to fit Alonso's place, Rosberg. He has impressed me quite a bit this year and always out performing Wurz badly. I think the BMW boys will stick with BMW, the car is already quite competitive and I'm sure that they will be in a position to compete for the championship next year so I'd say Kubica and Heidfeld will stay where they are. Rosberg seems like the only logical choice for the 2nd seat at McLaren. I think, for Sutil, he'll probably go to a team like Toyota since Ralf doesn't seem to be looking too good. We'll have to wait and see I guess

Mclaren 2008
(87 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG