The online racing simulator
RMA with Scan.co.uk
(4 posts, started )
#1 - amp88
RMA with Scan.co.uk
To cut a long (and torturous!) story short I've now ordered the wrong card from Scan twice in a row. The first one was my fault, the card I ordered didn't support Port Multiplying. The second time I think the description on the site was misleading (description said "4 external ports" but it's actually got 1 external multilane port). I've already requested an RMA for the first card (and had it authorised) and now I've requested an RMA for the second card. My question is this...has anyone here RMA'd anything they bought from Scan in particular or other places if not Scan and if so, exactly what is involved in the process. As far as I understand it (but I can't find any information on the Scan website...maybe I'm having a blonde moment) I have to get a courier (Citylink/parcelforce/Royal Mail etc) to send the card back to Scan and they'll check I haven't fried it then refund me the cost of the card (minus the delivery I paid on it in the first place). Is my understanding correct?

Thanks in advance for any advice.
Pretty much. Once the RMA has been accepted you'll usually get an RMA number, which you need to put on a bit of paper in the parcel, and on the shipping label. You then need to send it back to whoever you bought it from and then get your monies back later.

In the UK under the Distance Selling Act, you should get 14 days to return anything, free of charge (ignoring shipping, I believe).
The only time I had to RMA anything was a damaged-in-transit PSU I got from Novatech;
They arranged a courier (ParcelFarce) to call round and collect it at a convenient time. Within hours of the collection, my account had been credited with the full cost of the PSU/postage.
#4 - amp88
Thanks for the replies. I got confirmation today I'll be able to return both cards, so that's some good news. The bad news is that the replacement card (better be the bloody right one this time) has been delayed, so I don't know when I'll be getting that...

RMA with Scan.co.uk
(4 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG