The online racing simulator
Overclocking
(49 posts, started )
Overclocking
ive just overclocked my system from 2.30ghz to 3.33ghz i was really surprized because this is the first time i have ever overclocked and the temperatures are still very low. i have an intel celeron processor and here is the screenshot of it and im thinking of overclocking it some more.
Attached images
overclock.JPG
and i just went onto lfs and played for a bit and my frame rate used to be 15 - 20fps and now its 35 - 45 i think i should overclock it some more
be careful doing this...you can overclock it to much and it will fry..also ask Harjun about how far you can overclock but go under what he says some..........hes the forum superclocker
i will but i just want to see what other people think on how far i can go
Don't Harjun it.
why?
Try using Intel's TAT tool for more accurate temperature readings.
#8 - Jakg
Intels TAT only works on Core and Core 2 CPU's...
You could do with a little more ram before anything else ...

Still, nice gain on the cpu ...
waaaahhh!!

You are going to be Harjun'd! First overclockings turn always bad, House on Fire!!!
You need to do some stress tests to see what the tempratures actually get to.
And dont forget the use one of these
Use one of these to keep it cool, and if you ever somehow get your hands on 3 way SLI, one of these.
Run a stress testing program like Prime95 for at least 10 minutes. I would not go over 60C on full load.
I'm overclocking my Sempron 3000 at the moment. At first, it was 1.81GHz at 31° celcius (average). Now I'm at 2.25GHz and benching it. I'm hoping to go for 2.75, so I'll give you news of weather it worked or failed.

Jon
Quote from Riders Motion :I'm overclocking my Sempron 3000 at the moment. At first, it was 1.81GHz at 31° celcius (average). Now I'm at 2.25GHz and benching it. I'm hoping to go for 2.75, so I'll give you news of weather it worked or failed.

Jon

Hopefully you wont need it
Temp1 is more likely to be one of your hard-drives.
See that little flame there? That would be your CPU-temp, and 66C at idle is suicidal.
Besides, overclocking a Celeron is like winding up the rubber-band in a Lada, you won't change the fact that it's a Celeron/Lada.
Which Celeron is it by the way? If it's anything older than a Prescott it's amazing it hasn't crapped out yet.
Quote from h3adbang3r :
Hopefully you wont need it

I didn't needed it. My computer was only at 45 degree celcius when it crashes Overclocking ain't for me it seems... :s
Quote from The General Lee :Don't Harjun it.

Definately, whatever you do, don't Harjun it. You overclocked, don't take it the next step further, you'll regret it.

And it looks your temp 3 is your CPU, not temp 1 .
Update from me. I think I did overclocked my computer to the top.

I went from 1.81GHz to 2.18GHz - That's a 20% Gain

It seems all stable now, when I had o/c'ed it to 2.25GHz, it crashed after 20 minutes of LFS.
thats 39 celcius idling, see how much it gives when it's under load. Otherwise you can carry on going, as long as your dont put the voltage past 1.5V. Dont let your temps go over 60 by the way

Got your PM by the way, helped you there too
You have no right posting here. Go away.

Edit: ...and what the fudge is going on in your sig?!
Quote from The General Lee :You have no right posting here. Go away.

Edit: ...and what the fudge is going on in your sig?!

Is it the number of bad posts that he has made on various forumz this week?
Use core temp m8 for a much better reading, its known as the most accuarte test for overlockers..

And then use prime 95 for a few hours to test stability..
If speed fan is saying 35 degrees your actual core is sat at more like 50 degrees
temp 2 is my cpu because it is around the same as the temperature my bios is showing and these are the temps after overloading for 5 mins. its not too bad and every about 20 seconds it goes from 46 then to 49 then 46 then 49... and this is my processor i think http://www.compuvest.com/Descr ... shzewwpety0N8B?iid=547046
Attached images
overloading.JPG

Overclocking
(49 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG