The online racing simulator
Quote from Bodhidharmazen :Well. I refuse to. Please read a bit other posts in which I argue about the realism, its implications and the denial in which some fanboys live.

Shift+P???

Custom views???

Realist, sure.

I have already replied to these arguments of yours, Alpha version, not finished yet, all parts are not developing at same speed, but it looks to me that you have make up your mind and even if you would see that sky is blue you still would argue that it is red, so I'm off from this discussion.

Edit: crossposting....
Quote from JTbo :I have already replied to these arguments of yours, Alpha version, not finished yet, all parts are not developing at same speed, but it looks to me that you have make up your mind and even if you would see that sky is blue you still would argue that it is red, so I'm off from this discussion.

Those are good points, thanks and cya in another thread.
Quote from Bodhidharmazen :... do you believe they are as good as to make you believe you are racing a real car?...

That is the point IMO. It´s all about personal taste/likes/dislikes.

For me LFS does a good job. To be more precese: the best job, compared to all the other racing-titles.
Quote from Bodhidharmazen :Well. I refuse to. Please read a bit other posts in which I argue about the realism, its implications and the denial in which some fanboys live.

Shift+P???

Custom views???

Realist, sure.

I'd love shift-P and shift-S and rejoin to be removed, or at least as a server option... But that's for later
Quote from JO53PHS :Do I change gear right... I assume I do since I never burn the clutch out.

Release throttle > Press Clutch > Shiftup > Release clutch > Back on throttle

Yes, thats right
Quote from Gil07 :I'd love shift-P and shift-S and rejoin to be removed, or at least as a server option... But that's for later

I'd like to have it just shrunken down to one option while racing: abandon race (which is equivalent to spectate)... What you do from there is up to you...
Quote from Drunken Predator :Wow, didnt even know that! So.. we pay even 22% for the eh.. extended value of good delivery eh...

You shouldn't complain, really.

For "protection reasons" (even though we don't develop any of that kind of technology) to our "national industry" here in Brazil you're looking at about 80% of tax applied OVER THE WHOLE ORDER, product + shipping (and it's expensive to ship products over here).

On top of that, our currency is really weak, so, ehh...
It gets "kinda" hard to get a "quality setup" over here, hehe.
Patch Y - Demo
I understand that many people with a full license love and support the new update.

On the otherhand, demo drivers are suffering from it, go ahead and flame me if you like for using demo, the money just got transferred into my paypal account to buy a full S2 license, after this update and seeing the demo fall to pieces I will be using the money on something else.

Not dissing the game or anything, but with x39 it was probobly one of the best simulators I have ever played (Probobly cost me some of my education, if you know what I mean ), but the patch for the demo version is definately not something most demo users wanted to see.

Clutches braking, no xrt, rev limiters, no color change, deleting of all set ups... The list goes on.

Props to updating the full s2 version, but IMO I think the demo has been ruined. Oh well, plenty of good memories.

Anyone else have a "demo-related" opinion?

Go ahead, I have my flame-gear on
WTF???!! Is there an end to this?! My god, how i wish i was a Mod right now!
Quote from tucker_98 :go ahead and flame me if you like for using demo

Nobody is ever going to flame you just for playing the demo
not another thread.

your sets are still there, and whats the issue with skins?

yes, the demo may have been ruined, but remember, a demo is a taste of the full meal, and the devs just thought there was too much food already on the plate.
The setups and colours are all still there, it's just that everything is slowly being re-organised - Setups now go in the setups folder rather than settings, and the prefix is now the three letter tag (ie "FXO_") rather than a really long name (ie "FXO Turbo_").

There is an app which will convert all your setups names and move them for you by Ian.H if you look.
Quote from Boris Lozac :WTF???!! Is there an end to this?! My god, how i wish i was a Mod right now!

If you were a mod, you welcome to be my guest and ban me.

Just expressing my opinion that not all drivers are benefiting from the update. For those who are, congrats, for those who arn't, I know exactly how you feel.
Quote from Jakg :...if you look...

That's the problem. Most whiners don't even look for a solution to their problems, they just whine and expect us to explain everything.
Quote from Jakg :The setups and colours are all still there, it's just that everything is slowly being re-organised - Setups now go in the setups folder rather than settings, and the prefix is now the three letter tag (ie "FXO_") rather than a really long name (ie "FXO Turbo_").

There is an app which will convert all your setups names and move them for you by Ian.H if you look.

Thanks
Quote from tucker_98 :Anyone else have a "demo-related" opinion?

No, it's pretty dead subject currently as you can see from the first page of this forum.
Quote from tucker_98 :but IMO I think the demo has been ruined.

So...then spend some money on S2, and your demo-problems will go away...
Quote from tucker_98 :Clutches braking, no xrt, rev limiters, no color change

Yeah, if you don't like realism, you're probably better off spending your money on something else: GT5 or Forza 2 or something to that effect that has realisticish handling but without the rawness of a sim.

Quote :deleting of all set ups... The list goes on.

The naming format was changed (with good reason - servers were having troubles with it). It's one of those sooner rather than later things. There's a tool that can fix it in the Unofficial Addons section though.
I use and mouse and kb and haven't burnt one since patch Y
Quote from hrtburnout :That's the problem. Most whiners don't even look for a solution to their problems, they just whine and expect us to explain everything.

Thank you for your positive input, and causing people to scroll through this crap.
Quote from tucker_98 :I understand that many people with a full license love and support the new update.

On the otherhand, demo drivers are suffering from it, go ahead and flame me if you like for using demo, the money just got transferred into my paypal account to buy a full S2 license, after this update and seeing the demo fall to pieces I will be using the money on something else.

Not dissing the game or anything, but with x39 it was probobly one of the best simulators I have ever played (Probobly cost me some of my education, if you know what I mean ), but the patch for the demo version is definately not something most demo users wanted to see.

Clutches braking, no xrt, rev limiters, no color change, deleting of all set ups... The list goes on.

Props to updating the full s2 version, but IMO I think the demo has been ruined. Oh well, plenty of good memories.

Anyone else have a "demo-related" opinion?

Go ahead, I have my flame-gear on

Right, you were going to buy S2, but because the DEMO changed you are no longer wanting to buy S2? The XRT is in the full game, incase you didnt know. The clutches are fine, you can change colours and you can recover your sets, even though they are pretty much useless with the rev limiter changes and the other physics changes. And the rev limiters are for the better, how many small 1.3 litre engined cars (think clio's, fiesta's) did you know that revved to 10k rpm anyway?
Quote from bbman :I'd like to have it just shrunken down to one option while racing: abandon race (which is equivalent to spectate)... What you do from there is up to you...

Hmm. No. Not real at all. If something goes wrong (you crash, clutch is burned, a tyre explodes... your car should remain exactly where it should be. ITS A SIMULATION REMEMBER?

What it should be done its that at some point your car is taken out of the track slowly, and from there you should walk to the pits in order to be able to be a spectator, or get out of the SIMULATION.

If you get out of the SIMULATION without walking to pits then you should loose the hability to search servers and etc. Punishment for anyone who do not think that LFS ITS A S I M U L A T I O N
The demo may have been ruined, but i say, S2 is better than ever. You might still want to consider buying it.

BTW, you won't get flamed because you are one of the first demo racers to come in and not be screaming like you were shot.
Its become aparent to me that I probobly wasted my time by making this thread, as 3/4 of the replies so far are irrelevent and the result of people thinking they are witty.

Any educated responses are welcome. Or, a mod can lock this up and you will never hear from me again, and I'm sure I will see future flaming from this sentence... Posted for shared opinions, not abuse, oh well...

Thank-you for anyone making a good input.
Good Lord you guys respond to fast.. threads merged.
And unfortunately still trying to merge.
-
(Eleanor SpeedGT) DELETED by Eleanor SpeedGT

MAJOR disappointment.
(343 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG