The online racing simulator
Overclocking
(49 posts, started )
i brought it down a bit to 3.20ghz instead of 3.33ghz just to be safe and its temp is 32 - 33 degrees
I'm a bit surprised you made so much gain with your CPU. Past 2.18GHz, it won't stay stable here. Anyway good for you...
#28 - Mc21
Celeron's overclock like a bitch.. 6GHz iirc
Quote from The General Lee :You have no right posting here. Go away.

Edit: ...and what the fudge is going on in your sig?!

Yes, I agree, but let me point something out- whenever Harjun makes a dumb post, you're right there to say something
To me, those sensor readings look like the order is following:
Sensor 1: Motherboard ambient temperature sensor
Sensor 2: Northbridge temp.
Sensor 3: CPU temp.
HD0: HDD temp.

I take it that you're using a standard cooler on your processor and 46C' under prime with that much overclocking is completely absurd.
Crommi: im completely sure sensor 2 is the cpu because when i ran prime 95 sensor 3 remained unchanged and sensor 2 was getting higher. and yes im using the stock fan and heatsink.

mc21: the highest i can go is about 3.4ghz because when i go any higher the pc doesnt start so i put it at 3.2ghz
can you post the load temps...i doubt your load temps are 39 celcius, load meaning using Orthos, stress testing RAM and CPU...
#33 - Gmm
Really good! Y passed mi C2D E6750 2.66ghz to 3.7ghz 24/7 and 3968mhz for tests
were you using air or water cooling?
#35 - Gmm
By air: Schyte Ninja rev.B + Noctua in a stacker 830. Playing LFS at 1.552v between 50º-60º very nice temperatures for that vcore
Dan just download Core temp 0.95.4 and take a picture of it, but under load.
Just for the record, I have a northwood Celeron at nearly 1.6volts and I cant even get it past 45 when I'm loading the hell out of it (100% usage for 2+ hours) I just wish my motherboard allowed for higher FSB clocks.

Grab some more RAM while your at your overclock.
~Bryan~
Eleanor SpeedGT: i cant because its only for intel core processors

dropin_biking: im using northwood celeron too my mobo wont let me go further then 3.33ghz
All Core Solo series.
All Core Duo series.
All Core 2 Duo series.
All Quad Core series.
All Celeron-M 400 series.
All Pentium E2000 and E2100 series.
All Dual Core Low Voltage Xeons series (Yonah based. Untested).
All Xeon 3000, 3200, 5100, 5300 series.

Well intel celeron is Core Solo processor.
Quote from Eleanor SpeedGT :All Core Solo series.

but when i open it i get a message saying: This is not an intel core processor. this program will not continue.
I never did anything to my comp, but now it's showing -55 as temp 1 and 2, temp 3 is normal, 33° and HDD is 35°

Like... what the hell? It used to read normal temps..
check the fans or the heatsink
I recently cleaned out the cpu fan, was kinda dusty, maybe I broke something?
mabie he heatsink went out of place. imo you should turn off the pc, remove the heatsink then put it back on again. and if it doesnt work then you probable need a new fan and heatsink or your cpu might be dying
Quote from sgt.flippy :Like... what the hell? It used to read normal temps..

Must be a cold winter in Belgium.
Very cold, but the heating is on, so it's not that chilly in my room

I don't think it's dying, didn't remove the heatsink either, only the fan. And it's been a few weeks since I cleaned it out and it's still alive and kicking, although acting weird sometimes, but that seems to be solved too now. I'll just stay away from it

And another bit off topic question: I have a intel 2.6 duo core, with now 1 gig of ram. Will I notice a lot of difference with 2 gigs of ram? I've been doubting to buy a ram bar (), because I'm not sure if it would be worth it. On my previous comp I went from 512 to 1 gig, and that made a bit of a difference and I liked it, but I'm not that sure this time, it's a lot of money in stores
Quote from sgt.flippy :I never did anything to my comp, but now it's showing -55 as temp 1 and 2, temp 3 is normal, 33° and HDD is 35°

Quote from sgt.flippy :I recently cleaned out the cpu fan, was kinda dusty, maybe I broke something?

lol.

What temperatures did temp 1 and 2 monitor?

...if you have the money then I'd get a stick of RAM, it always helps.
Quote from garph :lol.

What temperatures did temp 1 and 2 monitor?

...if you have the money then I'd get a stick of RAM, it always helps.

I have no clue, but they used to be around 33°

P.S.: call it ram bar!
Quote from Eleanor SpeedGT :All Core Solo series.
All Core Duo series.
All Core 2 Duo series.
All Quad Core series.
All Celeron-M 400 series.
All Pentium E2000 and E2100 series.
All Dual Core Low Voltage Xeons series (Yonah based. Untested).
All Xeon 3000, 3200, 5100, 5300 series.

Well intel celeron is Core Solo processor.

A Celeron is not a Core Solo - a Core Solo is a Core Solo, a Celeron is a different architecture.

Overclocking
(49 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG