The online racing simulator
Almost out of letters?
(29 posts, started )
Almost out of letters?
Unless we're gonna start using Japanese character I believe patch Y is the next to last letter in the english alphabet. So what happens after Z? Patch AA? Patch ñ? Shall I dare say LFS Beta?

Your thoughts?
I believe 0.6A
AA, AB, .... ZZ

we have plenty of letters left
In Estonian we got "Õ", "Ä", "Ö", "Ü"... feel free to use 'em, Scavier
Or he could use æ, ø, å. Or maybe even ó, á and é.
Allow me a bit of redundancy as I repeat what I said in this thread which was about the very same subject about a year ago with patch U:

A choir of angels shall stream forth from the heavens and amidst harp music and angelic chanting a huge new letter will form in the firmament in fire and the whole of Britain will look upon it and say "what a bloody good idea - we needed a letter like that." And from that day on, Welsh roadsigns will make sense and be pronouncable by the non-Welsh.
Quote from Rappa Z :I believe 0.6A

had I bothered to look a tad closer I would've realized that this is the most obvious solution.

Assuming we follow development from 0.6A-Z to 1.0 we've got about 105 more patches to go

thanks xaotik. sorry I didnt search
Asian words
Quote from MyBoss :Or he could use æ, ø, å. Or maybe even ó, á and é.

these are unsuitable - I can't pronounce them
Quote from xaotik :And from that day on, Welsh roadsigns will make sense and be pronouncable by the non-Welsh.

The Welsh accent however, will remain a mystery.

(kidding)
S3!
Quote from r_b_l :S3!

Yeah sure lol xD
Trust me, if they desided to call the new patch after this one for S3 there will be some mayhem on the forum for sure!
Remember, 0.6 = S2 Final (like S1 = 0.3 and LFS Complete = 1.0), so I doubt it'll jump to 0.6A just yet.
#15 - Gunn
That would be a test patch.

I suggest using the Greek alphabet. People know it and it's pronouncable in other languages. Or just use umlauted characters where possible.
#17 - Gunn
Quote from duke_toaster :That would be a test patch.

IIRC there have been several patches named like that and they weren't test patches.
Yup, test patches are quite a recent thing, and there have been plenty of official patches with a number after the letter.
Quote from duke_toaster :I suggest using the Greek alphabet. People know it and it's pronouncable in other languages. Or just use umlauted characters where possible.

That's actually not a great idea, because people won't understand the order (unlike with normal numbers and letters).

Let see now, I got Live For Speed 0,5 Omicron. Now is that newer version than Live For Speed 0,5 Upsilon?
Quote from PLAYLIFE :That's actually not a great idea, because people won't understand the order (unlike with normal numbers and letters).

Let see now, I got Live For Speed 0,5 Omicron. Now is that newer version than Live For Speed 0,5 Upsilon?

It is easy for at least the first five though.

The other option is to name it after drivers i.e. Patch Ascari, patch Brabham, Clark, Delius,
Quote from Gunn :IIRC there have been several patches named like that and they weren't test patches.

X10 for one
Quote from duke_toaster :It is easy for at least the first five though.

The other option is to name it after drivers i.e. Patch Ascari, patch Brabham, Clark, Delius,

Yeah, wait till we get to "S". If it's either Patch Senna or Patch Schumacher, it's going to be a flame war like no other
Quote from PLAYLIFE :Yeah, wait till we get to "S". If it's either Patch Senna or Patch Schumacher, it's going to be a flame war like no other

Patch Seaman. End of.
Quote from xaotik :And from that day on, Welsh roadsigns will make sense and be pronouncable by the non-Welsh.

That's highly improbable...

Almost out of letters?
(29 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG