The online racing simulator
Brakeing Problems
(7 posts, started )
Brakeing Problems
I drive the FXO TURBO (234BHP / Front Wheel D')

Recently i created my own setup for this car and i am happy with it apart from one thing.

When i Brake to go round a corner, My front wheels Lock up, My rev counter and Speedometer drop to tickover levels (i assume because my wheels have locked) and i skid straight into the wall, crash'n'burn. Because the wheels are locked i cannot Steer the car so i have no way of getting into the turn unless i release my Brakes

I am wondering if this a Brakeing Balance problem or if i am applying too much brake, but as i drive on a keyboard its very difficult to apply half-brake (as you can imagine)

The brakeing balance is

980 Nm per wheel
80% Front

Thanks for any input.

- Sharp
#2 - J@tko
Quote from Sharptusk :
80% Front

There's your problem. Loads of brake power is going to the fronts - that's why they lock. Move the slider back to 40-60%.
Thanks ill try that out
#4 - bbman
Quote from J@tko :There's your problem. Loads of brake power is going to the fronts - that's why they lock. Move the slider back to 40-60%.

No. Note it says "MAXIMUM braking force per wheel"... It'll still apply 980 Nm braking force to the fronts, you'll only increase the rear braking force to the point they lock up too...

Lower the braking force to a value where they only lock at lower speeds (although 980 Nm is weak already, you having a very stiff front?) and adjust the bias from there...
afaik Bias on FXO is meant to be around 73/74%
Quote from bbman :No. Note it says "MAXIMUM braking force per wheel"... It'll still apply 980 Nm braking force to the fronts, you'll only increase the rear braking force to the point they lock up too...

Small correction: I'm pretty sure maximum braking force refers to the amount of force that would be applied on a wheel that gets 100% brake power (which is never actually the case in LFS).

If you set the brake force to 1000N and the bias to 90%, then the front wheels will get 900N brake force and the rears 100N. If you move it to 70% bias, then the fronts will get 700N, the rears 300N.

You can easily test this by setting the bias to 95% and the strength so that you can juuuuust lock up the fronts on full braking. If you then move the bias to 70%, you won't be able to lock up the fronts anymore (because they receive less braking force). In fact, if you move the bias to 50%, you need about double the brake force to be able to lock up the fronts again
#7 - bbman
Quote from AndroidXP :Small correction: I'm pretty sure maximum braking force refers to the amount of force that would be applied on a wheel that gets 100% brake power (which is never actually the case in LFS).

If you set the brake force to 1000N and the bias to 90%, then the front wheels will get 900N brake force and the rears 100N. If you move it to 70% bias, then the fronts will get 700N, the rears 300N.

You can easily test this by setting the bias to 95% and the strength so that you can juuuuust lock up the fronts on full braking. If you then move the bias to 70%, you won't be able to lock up the fronts anymore (because they receive less braking force). In fact, if you move the bias to 50%, you need about double the brake force to be able to lock up the fronts again

Not if Bob's VHPA is to be believed...

Brakeing Problems
(7 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG