The online racing simulator
LFS server hardware
(3 posts, started )
LFS server hardware
Hello, I have not found any answer to my question which is - what hardware would I have to have if I would like to host a full 32 slot server? Yeah, I could try to do that, but to do that I would have to get 32 S2 players which is kind of hard to do it

Thanks for answers!
Hardware wise, not very much. You can easily run an LFS dedi on a 400MHz with 128MB of RAM and it would run ok. The issue is bandwidth - ensuring that you have enough to run with a decent pps setting (packet per second - this can be set 4 to 6, many servers currently run on 5 or 6, but by setting a higher number you will need a better upload).

There is a formula in the server guide, at the bottom of the first post. Or you can run the full LFS client, go to Multiplayer > Start, and on the left you will see a calculator to help you work out how much upload you will need.
Thanks ... For bandwidth I already know. I might be able to get 100mbit connection for my server. After all I could host servers for low price. That would be interesting. Anyways, thanks for help!

LFS server hardware
(3 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG