The online racing simulator
Can anyone recommend a couple of other racing games please?
Was thinking today while on my G25, I got it solely for LFS \o/ and I thought to myself I might as well get a couple of other racing games.

Now I am into rally, and from what I read the last Colin Mcrae game DiRT is a good rally game? For anyone who has played it would you recommend it? Found it for £10 on GAME.

And well the other racing game I aint really sure of, I tried rfactor trial from the G25 package but is it just me that felt like I was driving on plastic wheels?

Anyway thanks in advance, I looked up options BTW but theres so many
Grand Prix Legends? Can be a PITA to set up due to its age but it's still pretty good.
Rig of Rods is pretty good, should your hardware be up to it. It's basically truck driving, but there's all sorts of stuff as well.
Richard Burns Rally

Nascar Racing 2003, if you can find it for less than $100.
Richard Burns Rally is the only really great rally sim on the market, DIRT is rubbish. You might need to use Ebay to find a copy of it though.
I recommend Richard Burns Rally, it's a little hard but very rewarding.

Edit: Slow..
Thanks on the richard burns rally, a few recommendations there, I will get that (£4.99 from play.com \o/)

EDIT: Its out of stock, I will have a look around for it
You will have to get it from eBay, as it's no longer in production.
I have Dirt, its in a draw. Nuff said
Quote from JamesF1 :You will have to get it from eBay, as it's no longer in production.

Might be good business idea to buy few copies... remember, Nascar 2003 costs today 200 $ in eBay.
Quote from JamesF1 :You will have to get it from eBay, as it's no longer in production.

I got it from amazon a couple of months ago, no problem...
#11 - Jakg
Quote from deggis :Might be good business idea to buy few copies... remember, Nascar 2003 costs today 200 $ in eBay.

Only because there are x number of serial numbers, and more (potential) players than serials.

Remember - in the UK on eBay they sell for a fiver - sorta tempted to buy a job lot and sell 'em off in the States but I CBA.
Yea theres actually some in stock on Amazon for like £7 including delivery so sorted

Thanks again.
Quote from Jakg :Only because there are x number of serial numbers, and more (potential) players than serials.

Remember - in the UK on eBay they sell for a fiver - sorta tempted to buy a job lot and sell 'em off in the States but I CBA.

One just sold for £52 in the UK (with no foreign shipping option). I'm tempted to sell my copy but then everytime I think just how good it was and don't do it on the basis I'll reinstall it some day
Quote from Jakg :Only because there are x number of serial numbers, and more (potential) players than serials.

I don't understand... serial = one copy? (obviously not a pirate copy)
#15 - Jakg
I thought that you needed a unique serial code to play online, and that there are only a certain number of serial codes available (ie only a certain number of copies of the game) so they sell for more and more proposterous amounts thanks to supply and demand.
Quote from DeadWolfBones :Richard Burns Rally

Nascar Racing 2003, if you can find it for less than $100.

Is it Nascar Racing 2003, or Nascar Racing 2003: Season that is so "rare". I have Nascar Racing 2003 by Papyrus with the booklet... Not that I am gonna sell it, but I am wondering why this game would go for so much - besides the mods that have been made...
I better keep my mac version then.
Quote from Jakg :I thought that you needed a unique serial code to play online, and that there are only a certain number of serial codes available (ie only a certain number of copies of the game) so they sell for more and more proposterous amounts thanks to supply and demand.

Yes, obviously. You just confused me when you said "Only because there are x number of serial numbers, and more (potential) players than serials". Irrelevant, because when you buy a copy of the game, you get the serial too.
I should really sell my copy of NR2003.
I got RBR off Amazon a couple of months ago for £3. I love it.
Now I just need a working wheel so I can get back to both it and LFS
They should make a Nascar 2008.Stick to lfs
Quote from blackbird04217 :Is it Nascar Racing 2003, or Nascar Racing 2003: Season that is so "rare". I have Nascar Racing 2003 by Papyrus with the booklet... Not that I am gonna sell it, but I am wondering why this game would go for so much - besides the mods that have been made...

It sells for so much because it is vastly better than any of the ISI based Nascar games/mods that have followed, most have really weird physics glitches or are generally buggy, or simulate that ridiculous new thing with silly wings stuck on it and none of which have the online following that N2003 still has. It also has a huge range of tracks and the GTP mod.
Also try GT Legends, GTR2 or Race07....ok the physics is not as 'real' as LFS, neither is the pick up online racing that great..... but GT Legends in particular is bloody marvelous with all the old cars.

When I get bored with LFS (very rarely), I whizz about Donington in my 1965 Mustang, usually getting gubbed by Lotus Cortinas and Alfa GTA's.

Try Sold Out software for some very cheap sims and other games http://www.sold-out.co.uk, I picked up RBR for £4.99
#25 - Jakg

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG