The online racing simulator
Notification to all participants: I put password for the server. I will send private message to everyone and tell the password. Do not give it to anyone. We are having some kind of hacker/cheater/rammer/wrecker infestation...
Quote from BigTido :You didn't PM me.

Yes I did.

Quote :
19th April 2008 S2 Voucher Competition server password
17:25 BAMBO, BigTido, dmav, l33t-krew, Mazdaratie

Send me pm if you didn't got it.
I'm in, if you let me. I sent a private message to you which includes my name and etc.

Damn I'm excited for this opportunity
I want to join. I'll pm you with my details.
how about--we do this on the patch Y18 so every user has his forum account registered.

I know it's kind of late to say this but I think it'd probably help a lot.
Quote from slen :how about--we do this on the patch Y18 so every user has his forum account registered.

I know it's kind of late to say this but I think it'd probably help a lot.

I thought that through, but came to conclusion that it would probably be best if we use the latest official patch. Y18 might have some bugs that causes complications, and not everyone would want to install it.
hi what is the qualification sever actualy called
sorry ?
Quote from 077louis :hi what is the qualification sever actualy called
sorry ?

"S2 Voucher Competition - P-Q". The qualification ended, but there will be other P-Q as well (Next is next sunday).

LFS experience (For how long have you played): From Xmas 2007, so 4-5 months

Other simulator experience (Optional): Gran Turismo, Trackmania

Racing experience (Reall life, optional): No

What would you do if you win a S2-license: Get drunk like David Hasselhoff
ale notak superobo přece nám to tu nebudeš kazit
to to můžou všichni rovnou vzdát

sorry but i forwarded this thread to some friends so some of them will join this competition

Gekkibi: is it OK that some people are in "demo" Teams and have some serious skills with FBM on BLGP, demo tournaments,... ?
Quote from JackCY :Gekkibi: is it OK that some people are in "demo" Teams and have some serious skills with FBM on BLGP, demo tournaments,... ?

Of course. As long as he don't own a license.
People beyond mid 1:15 with r2 wont have any chance to win anyway and im thinking to leave this if I buy s2 soon.
Quote from Neblaivas :People beyond mid 1:15 with r2 wont have any chance to win anyway and im thinking to leave this if I buy s2 soon.

It's not about time, it's all about your experience, you need power to drive it, it's about 60 mins long, every demoer can't do it and drops out, because they get tired and start making mistakes... Win isn't the most important, the most important is, that you race there and make it hard for others... :schwitzhope it was right)
Why are we going to race in low wind? I prefer no wind. Because low wind is sometimes stronger, sometimes weaker and not all the drivers must have the same conditions because of that.

I know you want maximal realism but Is there any chance to change it?
Quote from Superobo :Why are we going to race in low wind? I prefer no wind. Because low wind is sometimes stronger, sometimes weaker and not all the drivers must have the same conditions because of that.

I know you want maximal realism but Is there any chance to change it?

No-wind -conditions would mean that the race is going to be one long hot-lap. Wind gives (almost) everyone even chance to win the competition, because it makes driving slightly difficult (You don't do laps "automatically" (Your mind is sleeping when your body does the work for you), you'll have to concentrate to keep the car on the track).

For the same reason I'm going to put 50 laps instead of 5. Majority of the demo-servers are the same: 5 laps without wind.

And true, there are going to be different wind-conditions on each pre-qualifications (Because wind speed (And direction?) is randomized). But if you are not satisfied to your time, you can try to best it in next pre-qualification.
Quote from Gekkibi :No-wind -conditions ... pre-qualification.

i agree, that is why i am staying because there is a wind, its low but is there, so i vote for WIND, and 50laps? its a lot of laps but not too much, my finger will suffer on the gas (left ring-finger on key A) but i dont want less laps.

superobo:
if it didn't go well on the P-Q you can try on another one and the points are not just from hotlaptime!
As a side-note, I am delighted to see that racers helps each other. They are sharing their setups and giving race-line hints etc on the server. This is truly what the word "sportsmanship" means.
Quote from Gekkibi :As a side-note, I am delighted to see that racers helps each other. They are sharing their setups and giving race-line hints etc on the server. This is truly what the word "sportsmanship" means.

wow when? i missed it that is really good, my setup can be also downloaded on another forum, but i won't post it there, because i want to force others to make their own setup for their style of driving but i can help with tunning the setup, just ask maybe i will know it or forward you somewhere, there is lot of resources that can really help
I tested 50lap low wind . You really need those mid 1:15
Quote from Neblaivas :I tested 50lap low wind . You really need those mid 1:15

1:15 isn't the worst time I have seen. Don't know the exact average time on practice-mode, but it is around 1:16-17. You have possibility to qualify. At least you should try at least one pre-qualification. Who knows, maybe you qualify? And who knows, maybe others make (fatal) errors in race and you win the whole event?

It doesn't cost you anything to try. I would give a shot if I were you.

Edit: Found a nasty typo in the first post: Accidentally put extra pre-qualification to 25.5 (The race day). Can't have both pre-qualification and race running simultaneously...
Quote from Gekkibi :

Edit: Found a nasty typo in the first post: Accidentally put extra pre-qualification to 25.5 (The race day). Can't have both pre-qualification and race running simultaneously...

wow, thats really nasty
u could have both, but it wouldn't work as there would be no point, unless u did an hour for qualification before the race, so it starts an hour earlier, then it would be fun to watch that, everyone out on track for a hole hour, trying to be each other to see who gets pole, it would make it more challengeing becuase thats a extra hour added on, making it more challenging, just a segustion (i cant spell !! )
Quote from rhys_02 :wow, thats really nasty
u could have both, but it wouldn't work as there would be no point, unless u did an hour for qualification before the race, so it starts an hour earlier, then it would be fun to watch that, everyone out on track for a hole hour, trying to be each other to see who gets pole, it would make it more challengeing becuase thats a extra hour added on, making it more challenging, just a segustion (i cant spell !! )

But then I would not have time to edit the skins so the surnames and nationality are shown. And pre-qualifications don't define the starting order, that is done by 30 minutes qualification before the race.

Back to other issues: dekojester contacted me and he is willing to make a movie from the race. So pose to the cameras, please.
Quote from Gekkibi :But then I would not have time to edit the skins so the surnames and nationality are shown. And pre-qualifications don't define the starting order, that is done by 30 minutes qualification before the race.

Back to other issues: dekojester contacted me and he is willing to make a movie from the race. So pose to the cameras, please.

ill pose if i get in, just try not too be too camera shy
nd kind of off topic, but will any1 be going on to the server around nowish, need help with my set
thanks
I know these links might already have been posted somewhere, but I think are worth putting in this thread for those asking for tips on driving/setting up the car:

http://en.lfsmanual.net/wiki/Main_Page - try the "Guides" section
http://www.lfs-lota.net/LOTA_Media/public/tutorials/

Quote from BigTido :Pumped for this race.

I'm excited not only about the race itself but the preparations for it! I've never done such a long distance, not to speak of the wind and a marshal's eye on me, every overtaking calculated 2 times before attempt... too much new stuff to learn. There's still the pre-quali to do... I'll be happy just to make it onto the grid and cross the finish line without making too much mess throughout

BTW is there a good way to avoid cramps over such a long distance? I'm driving with mouse
hi
i have not had my parsword for the sever
and wot was the worst lap tim in the qualification??

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG