The online racing simulator
Another Clutch thread....
(11 posts, started )
Edit: nm, I fail. So, how was your day?
Quote from Roadie :Edit: nm, I fail. So, how was your day?

Hehehehehe how about this for a deal?
You send me your computer setup and I'll give you some pointers on how to not burn out your clutch

How do you burn it out? I only burn it if I srcew up lots or I'm not quick enough off the clutch when I hit a wall head on.
RallyX knackers my clutch, but I realise it's still *me* that does the knackering, not the track itself.
I still don't understand how this is still happening, and I would like to know the cause of the problems that have not been answered yet.
I obviously fail.. Don't play LFS half asleep kids.
The only time I melt my clutch is when I spin in the FBM and I hold to clutch to stop the engine stalling, then as I pull away quickly, the clutch will slip and just burrrrn! My fault, not LFS's...
well i use a mouse but i never have problem with my clutch.
Quote from Crashgate3 :RallyX knackers my clutch, but I realise it's still *me* that does the knackering, not the track itself.

That's an easy one. Lift off the trottle when the car lifts off.
clutch is with a bit of training no problem.
Just with a full restricted bf1 after a spin.
Quote from The General Lee :The only time I melt my clutch is when I spin in the FBM and I hold to clutch to stop the engine stalling, then as I pull away quickly, the clutch will slip and just burrrrn! My fault, not LFS's...

I've done this a number of times now. Too many, in fact. Only in the FBM though. Are they more sensitive to this?
no, the FBM's first gear in lots of setups is way too high, resulting in a lot of stress on the clutch during starts.
In some tracks, I put 1st gear very low (to speed in 1st: 50kph), then second where 1st used to be, then the rest equally spaced. Result is I drive from 2nd to 5th, and its just fine (again, in SOME tracks).

On other tracks, dont do full-throttle restarts - and that includes pitting.

(11 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG