The online racing simulator
[F1] Best of the Rest
(18 posts, started )
[F1] Best of the Rest
I think the Midfeild battle has became so exiting now that it should have its own trophy.

We haveWebber, Alonso,Rosberg and Trulli,
all going for it(and more can still come) and since there is actually a Top class driver in this group(Alonso)it makes it very intresting considering hes getting dominated by a much inferior Red Bull(Webber)

Things may get intresting this season.
Quote from Mustafur :Top class driver in this group(Alonso)it makes it very intresting considering hes getting dominated by a much inferior Red Bull(Webber)

Or is it that Redbull has been is keeping quitet about how its car can actually preform while Renault broadcast it?
I think ive seen a Redbull in Q1 more often then a Renault.
Quote from Mustafur : since there is actually a Top class driver in this group(Alonso)it makes it very intresting considering hes getting dominated by a much inferior Red Bull(Webber)

Seeing as Alonso absolutely smashes Piquet in the same car and Piquet is always way back, I wouldn´t call Red Bull inferior to Renault at all. If anything Red Bull is a better car than Renault imo.

(Or it could be that Piquet is totally incompetent and shouldn´t be in F1.)
Button and Alonso i would say.
what's your definition of "mid-field" anyways?
the field is soooo closely packed i find it difficult to define
I need to say Alonso, no matter how I hate him. Bah!
Quote from Kalev EST :Seeing as Alonso absolutely smashes Piquet in the same car and Piquet is always way back, I wouldn´t call Red Bull inferior to Renault at all. If anything Red Bull is a better car than Renault imo.

(Or it could be that Piquet is totally incompetent and shouldn´t be in F1.)

Piquets a rookie(and a very bad one at that) and in Redbulls side we have Webber smashing the very experienced Coulthard.

If you notice the reason why Red Bull is in Q1 so much is becuase its actually Webber thats getting most of them.

In Turkey Webber proved hes qualifiying prowess by beating Alonso in qualifiying with a heaver and slower car(of course Alonso smashed him at the start but you get the point).

Imo Webber is proving to everyone what he can do if hes car is made to be half decent reliable.

I think Trulli is also going good but his team seems to have lacked the drive they had in the first few races.
Quote from NSX_FReeDoM :Button and Alonso i would say.
what's your definition of "mid-field" anyways?
the field is soooo closely packed i find it difficult to define

imo Button hasn't showed anything impressive other then Spain.
#8 - samjh
I'm pretty sure the Red Bull car is better than Renault's.

Piquet is not a bad rookie. He's a mediocre rookie in a crap car. His racing career prior to F1 is of approximately equal quality to Glock, Sato, Davidson, et al. Bad rookies are people like Ide, Monteiro, Yamamoto, et al.

I think the performance of the Renault is more in line with STR and Honda, than RBR and Williams. Toyota is probably somewhere between the two groups.

As for the "best of the rest", I choose Webber based on points. But relative to the performance of their machinery, I'd go with Alonso. My favourite driver in the mid-field would have to be Rosberg, though.
Quote from samjh :I'm pretty sure the Red Bull car is better than Renault's.

Piquet is not a bad rookie. He's a mediocre rookie in a crap car. His racing career prior to F1 is of approximately equal quality to Glock, Sato, Davidson, et al. Bad rookies are people like Ide, Monteiro, Yamamoto, et al.

I think the performance of the Renault is more in line with STR and Honda, than RBR and Williams. Toyota is probably somewhere between the two groups.

As for the "best of the rest", I choose Webber based on points. But relative to the performance of their machinery, I'd go with Alonso. My favourite driver in the mid-field would have to be Rosberg, though.

There is no way the Renault is that far back, your basically putting it as Piquets results as its pace factor.

Think about it, it would be impossible for a STR or Honda to get a 2nd in qualifiying even with 1 lap of fuel.
Quote from Mustafur :There is no way the Renault is that far back, your basically putting it as Piquets results as its pace factor.

Think about it, it would be impossible for a STR or Honda to get a 2nd in qualifiying even with 1 lap of fuel.

Alonso may be an **** but he is still one of the fastest drivers in F1 and since he is being beaten by Webber and he´s teammate is always on the back of the grid I would say that Red Bull is a better car than Renault.
Quote from Kalev EST :Alonso may be an **** but he is still one of the fastest drivers in F1 and since he is being beaten by Webber and he´s teammate is always on the back of the grid I would say that Red Bull is a better car than Renault.

Ever seen coulthards results lately?
Quote from Mustafur :There is no way the Renault is that far back, your basically putting it as Piquets results as its pace factor.

If you stuck Hamilton, Raikkonen, or Alonso in a Honda, they probably could do it once in seven races.

Neither STR or Honda has a double-WDC as a driver. And if Piquet is not factored into their pace, how will you compare their performance with the rest of the field? I have difficulty believing that Piquet Junior - former Sudamericana and British F3 champion and runner-up in the GP2 series - can be considered so talentless as to be unworthy of consideration when measuring a team's performance.

Furthermore, when Alonso slotted himself into P2 in Spain, Piquet also qualified very well (P10). But in all other events, their qualifying performance was firmly ordinary. Spain was a one-off lucky show for the team, nothing more. Vettel put his car into P10 in Australia, but that is hardly indicative of STR's real performance, is it?

Quote from Mastafur :Ever seen coulthards results lately?

Coulthard is sitting in front of Glock and behind Bourdais, and that's only because Bourdais got his lucky run in Australia. So at worst, RBR is as slow/fast as a Toyota. Doesn't point to much really.

In the races he managed to finish, he has performed no worse than Glock or Barrichello overall. In qualifying, he's either sandwiched somewhere between the two Hondas, or between Hondas and Toyotas, or between Hondas and the STRs. Not too bad for an old has-been.
Quote from Mustafur :Ever seen coulthards results lately?

He´s qualifing results haven´t been that bad. And the poor race results are mostly due to him crashing which doesn´t really show anything about the speed of the car.

Besides Webber was only 1 point ahead of Alonso before Monaco which was a wet race where anything could happen. I find your statement that "Alonso is being dominated by Webber in a much inferior car" absolutely ridiculous. How can you say that based on one race which was a bit of a gamble because of rain anyway.
1.the gamble didn't pay off
2.Alonso made a stupid move on heidfeld which if he didn't do it probably could of got him ahead of webber.

Btw in Australia, Alonso fluked it and got 5 points just as Webber did in Monaco but we should just admitt Webber is rubbish then i guess.
I´m not saying Webber is rubbish. I´m saying your statement that Alonso is being dominated by Webber and Red Bull is much inferior to Renault is rubbish.
Quote from Kalev EST :I´m not saying Webber is rubbish. I´m saying your statement that Alonso is being dominated by Webber and Red Bull is much inferior to Renault is rubbish.

Maybe i was a tad bit wrong but I dont think there is much difference between Renualt and Red bull performance wise(but i still think Renualt has somewhat of an advantage).

I think this battle with Alonso and Webber could go all season, the other teams need to find something if they want to get there drivers into that battle though.
In all honesty Webber has always shown pace, remeber 5th place in a Minardi in his first race then it went down hill but thats beside the point, Webber has always been there when he needed to be, and with a string of bad contracts his finally found his place back at the old Jag outfit where he had his best season before switching to Williams which was awful.
Redbull has developed and become quicker because of Webber, and coulthard is being pulled along by Webber.
Atleast thats what i think, im no pro about F1 and about satistics.
But you will always see Webber and here about him.

Tbh its the underdog cars that are really proving there worth this season. Without them it wouldnt have been so interesting.
Quote from AstroBoy :In all honesty Webber has always shown pace, remeber 5th place in a Minardi in his first race then it went down hill but thats beside the point, Webber has always been there when he needed to be, and with a string of bad contracts his finally found his place back at the old Jag outfit where he had his best season before switching to Williams which was awful.
Redbull has developed and become quicker because of Webber, and coulthard is being pulled along by Webber.
Atleast thats what i think, im no pro about F1 and about satistics.
But you will always see Webber and here about him.

Tbh its the underdog cars that are really proving there worth this season. Without them it wouldnt have been so interesting.

He also got two 8th place finishes in that year as well which if it were 2003 not 2002 he would of gotten 6pts that year.

[F1] Best of the Rest
(18 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG