The online racing simulator
Britain's got talent
(36 posts, started )
Britain's got talent
I cannot believe Faryl Smith wasn't in the top 3. George Sampson won. I personally liked Kate and Gin the best. What do YOU think?
Erm, who are these people?
#3 - J@tko
I think it's a complete load of shite - just another Simon Cowell load of rubbish.

Can't stand these types of shows at all.

OMG - let's make some random person from the public famous! Woohoo!

Half the time they're crap anyway, half the time Simon Cowell says they're crap just to make the audience boo him.

(BTW, sorry Shaun for making that very negative comment - I'm sure lots of people like it - I dont)
Watching that show (or other moronic reality shows like Pop Idol/American Idol or Big Brother) is equivalent to stabbing one's brain repeatedly with an icepick.

Switch off the TV, pick up a book.
#5 - G!NhO
some girl that hung in ropes won here in holland lol
George Sampson is a kid from Birchwood in Warrington, my sisters mate lives 2 streets away from him. He put a tenner on him to win and won £65.
So some lad who can do a bit of acrobatics and is a decidedly average breakdancer wins a national talent contest simply because he dances under a giant shower, while other acts (like that modern string quartet) that are actually talented get nowt?

Riiiiiiiiight.

Nice one, great british public. F***tards.
Quote from STROBE :Nice one, great british public. F***tards.

That sums it up nicely i think.

Britain's Got F***tards. Now that would be a show, and a frikkin huge amount of the population could enter
#9 - 5haz
Has it?

I only watched the auditions as i find them funny and entertaining, but once it gets "serious", i dont bother. Its always the person that can entertain someone for five minutes who wins, instead of the genuinely talented people.

lol @ Ginho, how would you have the slightest clue? p.s you are right btw, britian is full of idiots...no sorry, "F***tards".
Quote from G!NhO :some girl that hung in ropes won here in holland lol

i heard that you can pay good money for that kind of stuff , so Max tells me anyway.
Quote from Lateralus :Watching that show (or other moronic reality shows like Pop Idol/American Idol or Big Brother) is equivalent to stabbing one's brain repeatedly with an icepick.

This may be true but not everything you watch has to be educational or culturally important, has it?
Quote from zeugnimod :This may be true but not everything you watch has to be educational or culturally important, has it?

No, but there's a difference between watching a show without much educational value and one which sucks intelligence out of your head like a vacuum cleaner.
Quote from J@tko :I think it's a complete load of shite - just another Simon Cowell load of rubbish.

Can't stand these types of shows at all.

OMG - let's make some random person from the public famous! Woohoo!

Half the time they're crap anyway, half the time Simon Cowell says they're crap just to make the audience boo him.

(BTW, sorry Shaun for making that very negative comment - I'm sure lots of people like it - I dont)

I couldn't agree more. It's crap.

Lets see
  • Britain's got Talent
  • America's got talent
  • Amercian Idol (AKA Cheeseburger Idol)
  • X-Tractor/Craptor
  • That Nancy and Oliver crap presented by Graham whatshisboringface
Its all the bloody same.

Step 1. Heaps of utterly crap auditions
Step 2. Heaps of utterly crap live performances
Step 3. The dim-witted *general public*, who don't have a clue about anything are asked to vote .
Step 4. The general public EPIC FAIL at choosing a winner, the Judges make a whole load of compliments that they don't really mean @ the winner
Step 5. The Boss of ITV lives happily ever after and fills his swimming pool with cash
I thought I was bitter and pessimistic until I read the replies here, can't you accept a bit of entertainment without poking holes in it? Sure there are people better at the things on show, but they are already successful and people know about them. The idea of these shows is to find new talent, and give them a chance to prove themselfs.

Back to answering the OP's question, I think the right person won, for a 14 year old he was really good, I'm amazed he managed to perform infront of such a massive crowd and in such a high pressure situation. Its also good because he needed it the most, dancers can't really make a lot of money even when they are well known and amazingly good. Say what you like about Simon, but he is never wrong, he wanted to put him through last year, but the other 2 idiots didn't.
Quote from JO53PHS :
  • X-Tractor/Craptor

I'll have you know X-Tractor is used by Podge & Rodge. It involves them ripping the piss out of lesser-known Irish celebrities while they drive a tractor around an obstacle course. Far better than "Britain's got 'nout talent"

This year's show was piss-poor though, at least last year those in the final actually had some talent...

@ Quicksilver: Don't call Amanda an idiot. Did you not see what she was wearing?
Quote from Lateralus :No, but there's a difference between watching a show without much educational value and one which sucks intelligence out of your head like a vacuum cleaner.

I watched most shows of DSDS (german version of American Idol) and also the first two series of Big Brother and I still have a bit of intelligence left (I hope).
Quote from JO53PHS :
  • That Nancy and Oliver crap presented by Graham whatshisboringface

Did you ever watch it?

I'd Do Anything was not just another talent show, the Nancys were all hugely talented people who could blow away any X Factor or Eurovision winner, not to mention the fact the prize is a leading role in a West End production produced by Cameron Mackintosh with Andrew Lloyd Webber and Barry Humphries judging. That's the musical equivalent of a Hollywood blockbuster produced by Steven Spielberg with George Lucas and Anthony Hopkins judging.
Quote from dougie-lampkin :I'll have you know X-Tractor is used by Podge & Rodge. It involves them ripping the piss out of lesser-known Irish celebrities while they drive a tractor around an obstacle course. Far better than "Britain's got 'nout talent"

This year's show was piss-poor though, at least last year those in the final actually had some talent...

@ Quicksilver: Don't call Amanda an idiot. Did you not see what she was wearing?

Really? LOL
Quote from ajp71 :Did you ever watch it?

I'd Do Anything was not just another talent show, the Nancys were all hugely talented people who could blow away any X Factor or Eurovision winner, not to mention the fact the prize is a leading role in a West End production produced by Cameron Mackintosh with Andrew Lloyd Webber and Barry Humphries judging. That's the musical equivalent of a Hollywood blockbuster produced by Steven Spielberg with George Lucas and Anthony Hopkins judging.

correct they were very talented but it didn't make me watch it

as for X pop britains got factor talent stars shows, I don't give a monkeys about them....

the Beeb had better watch out though, it's close to becoming the Barrowman Broadcasting Corporation
I wanted Escala to win. Its still bugging me that I can't work out what piece they where playing coz I recognised it and can't place it, Reverberi, Mozart? Gah... Annoying.

I'm dead set against making allowances for the age of performers, Farrel stood out irrespective, that eppilectic kid with the twitch, sorry dancing kid George didn't.
Quote from ajp71 :I'd Do Anything was not just another talent show, the Nancys were all hugely talented people who could blow away any X Factor or Eurovision winner, not to mention the fact the prize is a leading role in a West End production produced by Cameron Mackintosh with Andrew Lloyd Webber and Barry Humphries judging.

:ices_rofl

It certainly looked like a bag of shite televised karaoke competition to me.

Quote from ajp71 :That's the musical equivalent of a Hollywood blockbuster produced by Steven Spielberg with George Lucas and Anthony Hopkins judging.

Hollywood blockbusters are usually shit, too.
Quote from thisnameistaken ::ices_rofl

It certainly looked like a bag of shite televised karaoke competition to me.

Hollywood blockbusters are usually shit, too.

They may not be your taste but the prize cannot be underestimated, Phantom of the Opera, by the same two has grossed nearly twice that of the Titanic and has run at capacity 8 times a week in the same theatre for 22 years with each seat typically upwards of £50. I'd Do Anything isn't just making the queen sit through some dancing kid for a few minutes or some pop band that will release a single and then be forgotten about.
Quote from ajp71 :They may not be your taste but the prize cannot be underestimated, Phantom of the Opera, by the same two has grossed nearly twice that of the Titanic and has run at capacity 8 times a week in the same theatre for 22 years with each seat typically upwards of £50.

Exactly what I was thinking. It really is phenomenal how long these shows run for. I remember the first time I went to the West End to see Cats, the experience as a child is amazing.

Wasn't too sure about the program tbh, saw a fair few out of tune bits. Still an amazing price nonetheless.

Britain's got talent was a bit of a laugh, no point taking it seriously obviously, but everyone knows that surely.

Britain's got talent
(36 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG