The online racing simulator
Where to Live?
(26 posts, started )
Where to Live?
I know it might sound like a strange question, but looking for people to advise me, in the Cornwall Area, especially Truro and surroundiing areas.

An opputuinty might arise, where I might have to up sticks and move, and was wondering, as I don't know the area, where would people suggest?

Many thanks in Advance

Fordie
Cornwall? Isn't that like one big field?
Quote from Bob Smith :Cornwall? Isn't that like one big field?

Constructive suggestions Mr Smith "would" be welcomed. I live in Norfolk, now thats a feckin big field
Norfolk ->> Cornwall ?

Why not Germany?
Then at least our phone calls wouldn't be that expensive anymore Shaun

Anyway I'm sure you'll find the right place my friend
I don't think Local Government would stretch to Germany Bernd, although a good Idea.
I take it we have no LFS drivers from down that way then, or its that bad, nobody wants to comment
Furthest down I can ask anyone about would be about mid-Devon, I'm afraid Fordie If it's of any use I can poke them and see what they say, but I fear that may not be far enough into pirate territory...
Thanks TAA, but as you say, it's not quiet far enough.
I've been to Cornwall few years ago, that's a beautiful area. I only visited Tintagel there, also Bath, but that's far away from there.
So... is there like, a wall of corn in Cornwall?
Skinners Bottom FTW
Little Sinns
Water-ma-Trout

Yes these are real names. And you want to live with these people.
Not forgetting:
Goonhusband
Barripper

Or the village full of seats:
Park Bottom

The place that obviously mis-match Imperial and SI units:
Grampound

The home to the multi-legged elephant:
Polyphant

The home of giant safe sex wear:
Congdons Shop

The home of the pervert:
Booby's Bay

And the surprising geological phenomenoms that can be found at:
Cliff
Rock
Quote from Bob Smith :Not forgetting:
Goonhusband
Barripper

Park Bottom

Grampound

Polyphant

Congdons Shop

The home of the pervert:
Booby's Bay

Cliff
Rock

Don't even get me started on your Geordie Lingo Mr Smith.....
3 cheers for the South West? I'm from Mid-Devon, but like yourself and TAA said, a little too far away. But, if is still in England so there isn't a huge difference anywhere you go. Plus, you are used to living in a 'gert' field, so your surrounds won't differ that much. Not like going from London > Devon...

My Dad does a lot of work in Truro and around that area, I have spent a lot of time there (I mean, day-to-day-ish, as apposed to 'every few months/years') and it is a really nice area.
I dont know if this is close to where your looking, as i dont know those area's of cornwall, but have you heard of padstow?

My grandad lives there, right on the coast, and its such a lovely place. Its very quite, but it also has some great views from his house. I love going there to visit. Also, Widemouth bay is a fantastic place too, but alot of tourist's go there so if they bother you, then i would not suggest it. Either way, i would love to live there if i had the chance .
Truro is a pretty lively town compared to everywhere else in Cornwall
I can't give much suggestions because I find most places are very similar down there, however don't bother with Redruth or Camborne.

Actually thinking about it, Falmouth is a nice place and theres a lovely pasty shop there.
Quote from Fordman :I take it we have no LFS drivers from down that way then, or its that bad, nobody wants to comment

do they even have Internet !?
Quote from Bob Smith :Not forgetting:
Goonhusband
Barripper

Park Bottom

Grampound

Polyphant

Congdons Shop

The home of the pervert:
Booby's Bay

Cliff
Rock

Hilarious. Thanks, Ben.
#19 - SamH
I lived in Cornwall for 5 days when I first moved back from the US. Never again. I think it's the tin in the water, they're all absolutely freaking out-of-their-tree loony down there!

Does it have to be Cornwall? Traffic all through the summer is absolutely hell. It's pretty and all that, but driving in Cornwall when it's sunny is just the worst experience ever.
Screw Engerland, get a real home in a real country with some proper idiots.
Quote from SamH :Does it have to be Cornwall? Traffic all through the summer is absolutely hell. It's pretty and all that, but driving in Cornwall when it's sunny is just the worst experience ever.

That must be a location thing then, as in padstow and widemouth bay, the roads are nicely populated. There is some traffic, but theres also times when its empty, offering you an invite to put your foot down.
Try sneaking onto the Isle of Jersey. Just pretend you are a millionaire.

Hell, I would.
Quote from SamH :I lived in Cornwall for 5 days when I first moved back from the US. Never again. I think it's the tin in the water, they're all absolutely freaking out-of-their-tree loony down there!

Lovely place, lovely people. Sam must have rubbed them up the wrong way with his strange Northern ways

I wouldn't even dream of living anywhere else (in England)

Sorry Fordman. I live in North Cornwall on the edge of Bodmin moor. I don't venture down to the big city of Truro. St Austell is about as far south as i ever go
I cant really give you any advise about the part of Cornwall your considering.
Thanks guys some great comments.

Quote :I lived in Cornwall for 5 days when I first moved back from the US. Never again. I think it's the tin in the water, they're all absolutely freaking out-of-their-tree loony down there!

I live in Norfolk so should fit in quiet nicely

Falmouth does sound nice I must admit. Planning on Popping down for the weekend soon, to have a good look around.

Thanks Everybody
Can't really offer any meaningful advice, as I live down in south Devon, but have drove over there a few times. Strange, strange people. The roadsigns will make you laugh, and the roads/traffic itself will make you cry at times. Lovely people though, and a great part of the country to explore. Got two weeks holiday booked to spend some time over there around Perranporth next month.

I would get used to commuting a lot though, I live in a pretty similar sized town (Kingsbridge), and still find myself in Plymouth more than I care to

Where to Live?
(26 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG