(15536 posts, closed, started )
got my first car this week
it's an '03 Mitsubishi Colt, with an 1.3l 82hp... i like it
Attached images
IMG_4870.JPG
IMG_4872.JPG
IMG_4875.JPG
IMG_4878.JPG
Quote from BlueFlame :With Volkswagen, age doesn't matter, because they still run at any age

Question #1 How many VW Beetles (old type) of any age, still run? Many.
Question #2 How many Old Fords of any kind (in europe) the same age as the Beetle do you see that still run? Considering the Beetle being only one type of car, and I'm sayng, ANY Ford of the same age as any aged old Beetle. There hardly ANY European Fords in the UK as old as 1950 that still run unless owned by a classic restorer, there are Beetles just as old, run by people who don't maintain them to any high standards.

The only beetles I see running around here are completely fully restored cars. So I guess they're just as crap as Fords according to you.

In America there is a man with a Ford Model T from the 1930's, the car is still running, it had an engine swap in 1940. He's still driving that car today, he's the first owner. VW didn't even have cars back then.
Quote from sgt.flippy :The only beetles I see running around here are completely fully restored cars. So I guess they're just as crap as Fords according to you.

In America there is a man with a Ford Model T from the 1930's, the car is still running, it had an engine swap in 1940. He's still driving that car today, he's the first owner. VW didn't even have cars back then.

Yes they did. Do your history boy! The first Volkswagens are Porsches but even without that in mind, the 1930's was the start of Volkswagen, not bad considering Ford keep getting credit for 'making the first motorcar' which they didn't.
Quote from BlueFlame :Yes they did. Do your history boy! The first Volkswagens are Porsches but even without that in mind, the 1930's was the start of Volkswagen, not bad considering Ford keep getting credit for 'making the first motorcar' which they didn't.

Wrong. We're talking about the brand Volkswagen, not the every man's car from Germany. Volkswagen started in the 30's.

Do your history boy!
Quote from hrtburnout :Wrong. We're talking about the brand Volkswagen, not the every man's car from Germany. Volkswagen started in the 30's.

Do your history boy!

Read what I wrote, do your SCHOOLING boy!
I just love this typical BlueFlame stuff.

All I want to say is: in "history" YOU insulted a lot of people's car, or said the cars sucked and all.

And I'm sorry for all other people out there with the same car, but a 17 year old Jetta sucks harder than a ho with a vacuum.
Quote from BlueFlame :Read what I wrote, do your SCHOOLING boy!

I did. The first Volkswagens are Porsches. No they're not. The first Volkswagen is ofcourse a Volkswagen, because it's the first car that carries the brand name Volkswagen.

Don't be silly.
Quote from hrtburnout :I did. The first Volkswagens are Porsches. No they're not. The first Volkswagen is ofcourse a Volkswagen, because it's the first car that carries the brand name Volkswagen.

Don't be silly.

No you didn't, i said, Early Volkswagens are Porsches but even without that in mind, Volkswagens were created in the 30's, so you didn't read. Technically speaking, The Beetle is a Porsche 356, they aren't even dis-similar in shape. Engine is the same. Chassis is probobly almost identicle. What more do you want? Ferdinand Porsche created Volkswagen! Just like Vauxhall are Opel's, Early Volkswagens are Porsches!
Because you like to compare to Ford: at least Ford started because he could. Porsche was only allowed to start because Hitler wanted cheap cars to run his soldiers around in. Not really a nice historical fact.
Quote from BlueFlame :No you didn't, i said, Early Volkswagens are Porsches

No, they're not.

Quote :but even without that in mind, Volkswagens were created in the 30's, so you didn't read.

I did! I am the one who posted that.

Quote : Technically speaking, The Beetle is a Porsche 356, they aren't even dis-similar in shape. Engine is the same. Chassis is probobly almost identicle. What more do you want?

How about a name and a badge?

Quote :Ferdinand Porsche created Volkswagen! Just like Vauxhall are Opel's, Early Volkswagens are Porsches!

Even though a Beetle may be similar to a Porsche, it still isn't one. A Seat Leon isn't a VW Golf either: it's a Seat Leon.
Quote from hrtburnout :No, they're not.

I did! I am the one who posted that.

How about a name and a badge?

Even though a Beetle may be similar to a Porsche, it still isn't one. A Seat Leon isn't a VW Golf either: it's a Seat Leon.

It is a Golf, just like the VW Beetle is a Golf. Just like every human in the world is a human, no matter what race.
Quote from BlueFlame :It is a Golf, just like the VW Beetle is a Golf.

It may derive from it, but it's not the same!

From my first X5 meet, turnout was iffy.

And this is just the other 3 X5's. I left with family for dinner at another place, these guys ate across the street.

Neither of the E53 X5's were face-lifted versions. All of them were pre-'03 and got their angel eyes installed at customangeleyes.com
Yesterday I went to a auto-x / time-trial event with my daily car, a Toyota Starlet. I guess you could compare it to the UF1. It's slow and handles like crap but still good fun lol.

http://i195.photobucket.com/al ... fans16082008/251bfecd.jpg

Need stiffer springs.. swaybars front & rear, lowering, etc. etc. etc. etc.
http://i195.photobucket.com/al ... fans16082008/c808da43.jpg

All pics : http://s195.photobucket.com/al ... /MidlandAutofans16082008/

vid : http://www.vimeo.com/1541230

Oh btw my MR2 is dead, well the engine is. No compression anymore
But it's a good excuse to put a 3.0ltr V6 in, it'll be ready to go somewhere in October again. Can't wait
Looks like it really sticks though

Nice pics!
ford FTW
... I know it's not a car, but since that's my own property (not that I use it so much, but its a vehicle:shrug...over 35 years old, still running well.

http://i348.photobucket.com/al ... 34/Gaspashov/DSCF0605.jpg

This really prove how FWD sucks on rain (~40kph on rev-limiter FTW! & weak brakes).

Please, dont flame...
Ah Solex That's great hehe, props to you for keeping it.
Doesnt cost a lot of money to maintain it (at least a piston locking b/c of poor oil blend).
Fuel efficiency is great for a 2-stroke engine, can do almost 100 km with 2.5 l).
Btw its a S 3800 (50cc).
That FWD bike is very, very cool!

Couple of pics of the MR2 race car. With about 122bhp, it's not the fastest car in the world, but the handling is simply sublime; you can make it do exactly what you want, when you want, as it's perfectly neutral.

Quote from Minimaxman :
Couple of pics of the MR2 race car. With about 122bhp, it's not the fastest car in the world, but the handling is simply sublime; you can make it do exactly what you want, when you want, as it's perfectly neutral.

I've seen your movies and some of the others from the mr2 challenge.. looking great ! I wish we had something like that over here.. just sucks here with all the noise limits and ppl complaining.. even the usual trackdays are having problems. What suspension are you running on your AW ?
Its got the standard shocks (series regs dictate it must have) but we had some bespoke springs made up, specially for race use. The shocks aren't adjustable, but the front and rear ARBs are.
My Honda Civic
'91 Honda Civic hatchback with 1.6 DOHC.
I'm driving rallycross, but that car is aslo fast on tarmac too !
Attached images
140073.jpg
070074.jpg
^ That, is very awesome.

My two whips:

1997 VW Jetta GLX VR6

1994 Acura Integra LS

The Integra is now a rolling shell, after being stolen and stripped. The Jetta is currently for sale.
Here's my beast..not
Attached images
escfront.jpg
escback.jpg
escengine.jpg
This thread is closed

Post your Car!
(15536 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG