The online racing simulator
Quote from Gabkicks :http://www.ati.com/
new drivers out today. did they fix the problem for you guys>?

100%. Back to 85-95 fps and not before time!
Yep, problem solved here.

Dan,
:d
Hooray, finally it's fixed. I still think they could have at least released a hotfix or something instead of making us wait 2-3 months :/
So it's fixed in 6.2??

I have been having a 'discussion' with ATI support about this as it is not mentioned in the release notes as being fixed or as a known issue.

Have a look:

Me:
I have seen that the Cat 6.2 release notes do not mention this problem as fixed or as a known issue.

Please can you tell me if 6.2 has fixed this problem or which future version you expect will.

Them:
Things like this usually take a while to address with driver updates. It should be soon but I don't think that it is in 6.2 or it would have said in the release notes.

Errrr if this really is fixed in 6.2 then GREAT!! but it would be slightly worrying too
does anybody know the eta on the 6.2 omega's?
I have tried the 6.2 drivers. They do improve the framerate hugely, but not back fully to 5.11 speeds and I'm not toally satisfied with that.
Quote from southamptonfc :I have tried the 6.2 drivers. They do improve the framerate hugely, but not back fully to 5.11 speeds and I'm not toally satisfied with that.

I agree
ATi Cat 6.3 Drivers out
GOT DAMN It!!
I cant download that patch 6.3!!! where do i have to click to DOWNLOAD ??? on ATI site..

Catalyst 6.3 Windows XP - Driver Download (but no place to click)????
help me people
I haven't tried em yet, anyone tried them with LFS?, I am always a little bit concerned now after the previous ATI driver debacle.

Dan,
where CLICK IT???
GUYS.. the page does not have place to click to download!!

ohh mannnnn
where CLICK IT???
GUYS.. the page does not have place to click to download!!

ohh mannnnn
Chill out man, you need to select XP drivers, radeon, the 6.3 downloads

Dan,
IS THAT one??? about the other link. it no works!!!

Catalyst Control Center PackageDownload
2 of 334.303/08/06Display and WDM Drivers included in this bundle
das
my cards performance is better with older drivers too
is the 6.3 better/worse or the same as the 5.11s I only started playing LFS with the 6.3s and if that ones worse, where can i download the 5.11s from? cant find them anywhere.
Quote from RedStarArmy :...where can i download the 5.11s from? cant find them anywhere.

I cannot link directly, but..
Quote from RedStarArmy :is the 6.3 better/worse or the same as the 5.11s I only started playing LFS with the 6.3s and if that ones worse, where can i download the 5.11s from? cant find them anywhere.

6.3's are fine

Dan,
Got the same problems as you guys all have, I'm happy I found this thread. I'm going to dl the 6.3 drives and see what it gets.

I have a ATI Radeon 9800 XT 128mb and have 5.13 catalyst version with makes that I have 15fps instead of +100

Need For Speed and Battlefield was perfect with it, LFS wasn't. I hope everything is solved and all works great again.

6.3 Here I come!

EDIT: I see they already have 6.4, is there someone who tested those already? Otherwise I let you know
downloaded the latest 6.4 drivers and LFS works perfect again. +100 - 130 fps
I have a Gigabyte RADEON 9600 PRO and use the latest 6.4 Catalyst driver from yesterday. My previous driver was probably above 5.11. I'm satisfied with the performance, but since the new patch has come out, my game regularly freezes. After a game freeze, the ATI card resets itself in 10 seconds (VPU recover feature).

Before the latest LFS patch came out, I also had such game crashes, but they were very rare, and only occured with the FOX cars (after driving 2 or more hours). Now I can rarely complete a lap.

I have experimented with
- switching off my firewall completely and even running the program offline ;
- altering Catalyst settings and LFS graphics settings,
but nothing has worked so far.

Have you had similar problems with ATI, requiring your video card to reset itself?
It sounds like your card may be overheating? I don't know much about hardware but I do hear people talking a lot about overheating causing freezes.

First question : Is your graphics card overclocked? I guess not because you would have switched that off as a test.

Second question : How's the cooling? Is the fan and heat sink on the graphics card covered in dust? You can clean it by holding the fan steady with a match and blasting air at it from a can of compressed air. Apparently you must not use a vacuum cleaner because it can zap your chips with static electricity.

Good luck!

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG