The online racing simulator
Anyone Want rFactor On The Cheap? {UK}
(84 posts, started )
#1 - Jakg
PC World were giving away a "special F1 game" (read - rFactor) with every PC over £500, but the promotion has ended, and it seems that some stores are happy to sell the game on it's own.

As the game is promotional, and free with a PC, it scans in at 1p, but should only be used with a PC over £500 - but some stores have put them out of the shelves and selling them for 1p each.

Unfortunately my store (Ipswich) isn't doing this (and no other branch *should* be either), otherwise i'd buy about a Fivers worth and make a sodding killing on eBay, but buying and then reselling would probably get me sacked.

Consider this a tip for anyone else who wants it though...

It's called "rFactor Special Edition 2008" on the box...

EDIT - If you want it, go in and ask for it - we have literally stacks of it...

(yeah, some enterprising dude has got one then put it on eBay for £15.99...)
i think... this is not a marketplace
#3 - sam93
I saw this last night when I went to get a TV Card, I only had a quick look at it as my Dad was rushing me lol, is there much difference in this version?
#4 - Jakg
I'm not selling anything - i'm just giving a hint about getting a frankly mega deal.

(the picture is just a picture pulled off an eBay auction - i'm not selling them, and i'm not posting this deal as advertising for PC World, i'm doing it because it's not just cheap, it's an incredible deal).

EDIT - From HUKD it seems that its just the normal rFactor with some F1 stuff included.
#5 - sam93
ok
#6 - ajp71
It looks to me like an updated demo version with the 2008 Sauber (which ISI has released publicly). I would be very careful seeing what it is and describing it accurately before selling it as rFactor.
I read reviews before I got my G25 about it coming with the full version of rFactor to find it was just the demo which comes with a 2007 F1 BMW Sauber I downloaded off the internet before so be careful.
#8 - Jakg
Well, i'll send the GF in to buy some on Saturday, but according to this thread it looks like the full game.
#9 - sam93
Just went down before they closed and got 4 copies for 4p, bargain.

Just going to install it now and see if it's the full version, not the demo.
The game is the full version, just installed it. The only difference is that it has this years F1 car and Montreal race track, cant remember if this is included in the normal version.
#11 - Jakg
Ok, will send the GF to Bury PC World with a £1 coin on Saturday then
Quote from Jakg :Ok, will send the GF to Bury PC World with a £1 coin on Saturday then

Thats if they have many. When I went in they only had 4 and I got the 4 of them, wish they had more because I was also going to sell a few as the money would go towards the upgrades for my PC.
You only baught 4?

I was in PC world yesterday too, shame I never had a look at the games.
Quote from Bawbag :You only baught 4?

I was in PC world yesterday too, shame I never had a look at the games.

They only had 4 lol. I was going to get my dad to go into PC World in Exeter as it is only 5-10minutes away from Makro where he went to see if they had any. If I could get hold of about 20 you can make easily £200 selling them at £10 each.
Wow, could someone really nice give me a working and un-used rFactor code for like £1 that I'd sent via Paypal or something? 99P profit :P
Quote from S14 DRIFT :Wow, could someone really nice give me a working and un-used rFactor code for like £1 that I'd sent via Paypal or something? 99P profit :P

It doesn't come with a serial number, just install it and away you go, why dont you go and get one?
Dammit, my freind bought and downloading rFactor a while back and he said they emailed him a code. Meh!

Uh, reason I can't go and get one is because if I want to go somewhere, I have to go there myself, I can't be chauffered about. My bike test is on Tuesday and the weather during the week looks to be a bit shabby... it's also too far away from Reading trainstation to warrant me walking and I've just been subjected to a week in Malta, and their busese (not my video, but from looking at it looks like it's filmed near the terminus in Valleta) so I refuse to go anywhere near a bus for at least a month.
Quote from S14 DRIFT :Dammit, my freind bought and downloading rFactor a while back and he said they emailed him a code. Meh!

Uh, reason I can't go and get one is because if I want to go somewhere, I have to go there myself, I can't be chauffered about. My bike test is on Tuesday and the weather during the week looks to be a bit shabby... it's also too far away from Reading trainstation to warrant me walking and I've just been subjected to a week in Malta, and their busese (not my video, but from looking at it looks like it's filmed near the terminus in Valleta) so I refuse to go anywhere near a bus for at least a month.

I see, why not download it then. -->Isohunt<--
I'm D/L'ing RBR at the moment, and that new Album by Seth Lakemen, and I'm gunna go on LFS later so my net's going to take a pounding. I've probbably downloaded 15Gb of movies in the last 2 weeks and my net seems to be going slow, so I'm cutting back
Jakg, is this a UK only thing? Would the Irish branches have got the game too? T'is quite a journey to the nearest PC World, but for rFactor for a penny t'is worth it
Quote from S14 DRIFT :I'm D/L'ing RBR at the moment, and that new Album by Seth Lakemen, and I'm gunna go on LFS later so my net's going to take a pounding. I've probbably downloaded 15Gb of movies in the last 2 weeks and my net seems to be going slow, so I'm cutting back

Just d/l it over night, when your asleep
Quote from dougie-lampkin :Jakg, is this a UK only thing? Would the Irish branches have got the game too? T'is quite a journey to the nearest PC World, but for rFactor for a penny t'is worth it

LIVERPOOL FTW imo

#23 - Jakg
Quote from dougie-lampkin :Jakg, is this a UK only thing? Would the Irish branches have got the game too? T'is quite a journey to the nearest PC World, but for rFactor for a penny t'is worth it

Ring 'em up and ask...

I don't know the answer
My mums in the UK atm too, i'll get her to check the shops out for me
#25 - Jakg
When I was "working" today I did a quick check on the stock (found the SKU code - not listed on the website). Our store has 160 (but none are for sale - I might ask the manager what he's doing with them...), and the store up the road (Bury) has 164 - will call them pretending to be a customer and see if I can get some - if so i'll send my Mum / GF up with £1.64 and get some serious £! (although I may be nice and send out some for postage... )

(84 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG