The online racing simulator
The XR Turbo At Its Best
(16 posts, started )
The XR Turbo At Its Best

some specs : http://www.carfolio.com/specif ... ?car=12639&Mitsubishi

a question now : can anyone make a boosted starion via LFS tweak ? with the proper wheels size, engine, wheight etc... (i aint talkin bout a fantasy starion here) ? i think there's a version equiped with a 2.6L & some 15psi turbo boost..
It's pretty common to know that XRT is a Starion clone.

ps. Your avatar picture is... annoying if you what I mean.
You win the prize for the longest URL ever!

I always saw the XRT as a Starion/RX7 (series 4) mutant...and that "Starion" sounded like someone with a thick accent trying to say "Stallion"
Quote from deggis :It's pretty common to know that XRT is a Starion clone.

ps. Your avatar picture is... annoying if you what I mean.

yeah bet you would love to park something up there :P
In tech specs read: "Wet sumped". I don't know the actual meaning, but that describes XRT and XRR perfectly.
Quote from spankmeyer :In tech specs read: "Wet sumped". I don't know the actual meaning, but that describes XRT and XRR perfectly.

I think it describes deggis' thoughts perfectly
As if we need any help to know where to position our poles!
Quote from spankmeyer :In tech specs read: "Wet sumped". I don't know the actual meaning, but that describes XRT and XRR perfectly.

Most standard production cars have wet sump lubrication system. That means the oil is located under the crankshaft in a oil pan. In a wet sump, the oil pump sucks oil from the bottom of the oil pan through a tube, and then pumps it to the rest of the engine.

Dry sump system stores the engine oil in a exterior tank, not in a oilpan under the crankshaft. There's atleast two oil pumps in dry sump system, one pulls oil from the sump and sends it to the tank, and the other takes oil from the tank and sends it to lubricate the engine.

Dry sump helps lowering the center of gravity since the engine can be lower, and also aerodynamics, since the hood can be lower. Also the amount of oil can be as much as you like, since it's stored in a tank. Wet sump systems tend to have a problem when cornering and braking etc, since the oil in the oilpan splashes around and uncovers the oil pick-up tube. Also having the minimum amount of oil means the crankshaft will spin more freely, which means more hp for you! You can even get 10-20hp gain by switching to dry sump system. That's why most true race cars have dry sump lubrication.

</technical lesson>
Dry sump systems require less oil cooling too and becuase the oil reservoir tank can be any shape you like i.e. tall and thin (unlike a wet sump) the risk of surge is virtually nil.

Also, because you don't have oil sloshing around in the sump, you actually gain power becuase the crank isn't slowed down by all this oil. Might be small I admit but it all counts.
Some comments here are really funny
Quote from ATHome :Some comments here are really funny

And useful, and I wasnt talking about the sumps

Now I know what the Commentator means when he says " He has parked it in P1"
so , is anybody skilled enough to come up with a boosted and realistic starion via LFS tweak ?
Quote from silent_wind :so , is anybody skilled enough to come up with a boosted and realistic starion via LFS tweak ?

That's not a difficult task, I'm sure you could come up with one in under 10 mins. Probably wouldn't need to change my road going set for the XRT much to get it to work for the Starion either.
Quote from Bob Smith :That's not a difficult task, I'm sure you could come up with one in under 10 mins. Probably wouldn't need to change my road going set for the XRT much to get it to work for the Starion either.

the thing is, i don't really know how to set some values other than the standard ones (engine -Lit/cyl- & tires ...) , that's why i asked if someone handles well this LFS tweak to really take advantage of it..

thx in advance,
Quote from silent_wind :
i think there's a version equiped with a 2.6L & some 15psi turbo boost..

the best version for power was always the 2.0ltr

i had a lancer 2000 turbo (same running gear as early pre intercooler starion) and had it running at 15 psi in 1989.

som of the guys on lancer register were producing a reliable 420 bhp after some (major) changes in injection and induction and more torque than a lot of 400 + bhp cossworths. the main internal mod was to remove the anti vibration balancer shafts and new pistons. the cranks on these engines were amazingly reliable, colin blower ran his production racing starion at 9000 rpm with bursts up to 12,000 on a standard crank !!!

nice compilation vid here
http://video.google.com/videop ... amp;q=starion&pl=true
cool vids..i thought i was in LFS for a sec

so, what do you suggest ? keep the 2.0L and simply add 15 boost in LFS tweak ?

The XR Turbo At Its Best
(16 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG