The online racing simulator
Copenhagen
(45 posts, started )
Quote from AndroidXP :Dunno about Copenhagen, but I can warmly recommend Amsterdam if you're willing to travel a bit farther (but I'm not saying to skip Copenhagen ). If you do, you should plan staying for the whole weekend, though, to get a chance to see its night life. Was there for a week about a month ago; it's a truly beautiful city with an astonishing amount of equally beautiful women. And bicycles. Lots and lots of bicycles. Ever seen a parking garage full of bicycles? Look no farther than in front of the Centraal Station.

I was actually thinking about going to Amsterdam as well. Don't know when I'll do that, but soon.
Quote from J@tko :Cos it isnt in the EU

I didn't think Malta was either?
And Spain isn't on the list.
Quote from AndroidXP :Dunno about Copenhagen, but I can warmly recommend Amsterdam if you're willing to travel a bit farther (but I'm not saying to skip Copenhagen ). If you do, you should plan staying for the whole weekend, though, to get a chance to see its night life. Was there for a week about a month ago; it's a truly beautiful city with an astonishing amount of equally beautiful women. And bicycles. Lots and lots of bicycles. Ever seen a parking garage full of bicycles? Look no farther than in front of the Centraal Station.

+1

But watch out for the bicycles... because they have priority over just about everything

And also watch out for drug dealers exchanging gunshots around the back of the Novotel on the outskirts of Amsterdam
Quote from BlueFlame :What else would he mean?

Actually I was thinking of this as it is quite popular in my neck of the woods.

I think that's called Snus in Denmark
Quote from Fastwalker :Nope thats swedish afaik

Snusburk!

Well it's called Snus in Norway too, and Swedes, Norwegians and Danes can all understand each other. Danish is Norwegian on paper, although, in speech, it's a different thing all together!
It says "snuff" on that tin. Snuff is the tobacco you snuff into your nose. Snus is the stuff you stick under your lip.
#35 - Kaw
Be sure to visit copenhagen when places are open.

Add my msn if you want some places to go kjaaawer(at)hotmail.com

edit

Quote from BlueFlame :

And if you want to speak Danish, just speak Swedish or Norwegian but make sure you have got a potato stuck in your throat when you do it. Gotta love those Danish people or not.

I've never understood that danish thing and potatos? Whats up with it? Doesnt make sense to me. But, I'd rather speak with a potato instead of sounding like a retard speaking a language where he is singin' all the vocals. Hurray for a nice language swedish and norwegian is.

If you are from Sweden or Norway and dont think danish sounds like a potato eating guy, then that post wasnt aimed at you!
Quote from Kalev EST :It says "snuff" on that tin. Snuff is the tobacco you snuff into your nose. Snus is the stuff you stick under your lip.

You are right but in this case the name is misleading. Copenhagen isn't actually made for sniffing. It's just regular chewing tobacco. Not sure why they call it snuff. Besides the Long Cut is better anyway.
Quote from Kaw :Be sure to visit copenhagen when places are open.

Add my msn if you want some places to go kjaaawer(at)hotmail.com

Will add you. Thanks Kaw..
#38 - Kaw
Everyone from Scandinavia thinks you Danes speak with potato's lodged in your throat. If I got a Norwegian person to say a sentence, and a Danish person to say the same sentence (and the languages in text are barely different just verbs and some nouns) then everyone on this forum would agree, Scandinavian or not :P
#40 - Kaw
Quote from BlueFlame :Everyone from Scandinavia thinks you Danes speak with potato's lodged in your throat. If I got a Norwegian person to say a sentence, and a Danish person to say the same sentence (and the languages in text are barely different just verbs and some nouns) then everyone on this forum would agree, Scandinavian or not :P

They would most deffinately not. Its a stupid saying. And made by jealous scandinavians that are mad because they didnt rape anyone, or stole anything back in the days!

Lets have a go then.
Lets get a Norwegian guy to say exactly this "Hello my name is [YOUR NAME GOES HERE WooT!], and I live in [YOUR VILLAGE/TOWN/CITY/PLACE goEs HeRe!]" And let the people decide!
Quote from Kaw :They would most deffinately not. Its a stupid saying. And made by jealous scandinavians that are mad because they didnt rape anyone, or stole anything back in the days!

Lets have a go then.
Lets get a Norwegian guy to say exactly this "Hello my name is [YOUR NAME GOES HERE WooT!], and I live in [YOUR VILLAGE/TOWN/CITY/PLACE goEs HeRe!]" And let the people decide!

I can do it if you want but it wouldn't be a control experiment if a non Norwegian spoke Norwegian, right? :P we need a norwegian!
#42 - arco
Bah, you're all silly. Of course you can't hear how it sounds when you speak, cause it's the normal way of speaking for you. So the danish don't hear that they have a potato in their throat, and the Norwegians/Swedes don't hear that they are singing the words. Although the singing stuff is mostly coming from the people living in the south of Norway. Up in the northern part we have a different dialect, and doesn't sound like that at all - I think... Kinda like it is between English and Scottish I guess.
Quote from arco :Kinda like it is between English and Scottish I guess.

Yah, they all sound like Mel Gibson.
#44 - arco
Braveheart.

FREEEEEEEEEEDOM!!!

Copenhagen
(45 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG