The online racing simulator
Quote from thisnameistaken :Have you any idea how hard it is to stop a thread dead like this?

*shrug* we're discussing religion and only got to 4 pages. We must be tired already.
Quote from ATC Quicksilver :Richard Dawkins annoys me more than bible bashers knocking on my door trying to tell me about Jesus, why? Well the bible bashers only come knocking once or twice a year, and I don't have to answer the door, but Dawkins is constantly making bloody TV shows and putting up stupid adverts like this. So when I want to find out why the hell America thought it would be a good idea to violate international law by conducting a raid into Syria with special forces, in which their aim seems to have been killing a woman and 4 children, I have to sit through a story about adverts on ****ing buses!

If you don't have to answer the door to the bloody JWs, you don't have to sit there and watch Dawkins or stories about buses on TV. Noone's forcing you. Change the channel or look it up on the web! Your whinge is redundant and your problems are solved by a tiny movement of your arm.

Bloody hell Quicky, every time anything happens in this world we have some quiet-voiced bespectacled bloke in a robe piping up on the news, telling everyone how to behave. I've lost count of the times I've seen bishops or cardinals or pastors pop up on the news to give their apparent "expert" soundbytes on any & every social or moral or legal issue; the Pope sticks his frigging oar in whenever anything happens (and frequently when it doesn't), and shares with us his vast wisdom on the subject of "sweet **** all". The fact is, we hear from religious people so bloody often they're like background noise, constantly poking their heads into the public arena to justify their continued existence & special status. Now one, ONE guy like Dawkins makes some (easily-aviodable!) TV shows and ONE group buys some space on a bus and all of a sudden it's "NOO THEY BE STEALIN MA TV".

A bit of perspective would be good here I think.
Kev: Susanna Hoffs. Outstanding :up:
Must suck to be too young to have fawned over Susannah Hoffs.

You've probably never marvelled at Katie-Jane Garside's arse either.
not until now no... but seeing the other end kinda ruins the experience
Quote from Shotglass :not until now no... but seeing the other end kinda ruins the experience

Ah she was tasty when she was in Daisy Chainsaw. She made a slobbering mess out of every sixth-form boy in England in 1992.
Never heard of Katie-Jane or her band before Kevin ... but good gosh do I appreciate any bright young thing for whom clothing is an afterthought.

In 1992 in Oz, every red-blooded 16-year old lad was all about Christina Applegate (still gorgeous, thanks for asking), local gal Elle Macpherson (see previous) or one of several blonde soapie starlets named Melissa. Being pre-internet, it was a time when one's art folder, carefully decoupaged to within an inch of structural failure with pics of GN'R, Metallica & RHCP (this was when all those bands still ruled) as well as the obligatory borderline-illegal babe shots, was the window to one's soul & not one's tastelessly decorated, epilepsy-inducing, un-spellchecked myspace page

Threadjack in three, two ...
Quote from Hankstar :Never heard of Katie-Jane or her band before Kevin ... but good gosh do I appreciate any bright young thing for whom clothing is an afterthought.

Threadjack in three, two ...

Daisy Chainsaw's big hit "Love Your Money" actually sounded pretty good too. Weirdly, looking for it at YouTube I came across Muse saying what a big influence it was.

Threadjack failed: Thread jacked yesterday. Abort, Retry, Fail?
Gosh, the Muse! Well, that endorsement warrants some research. I was just too metal in the '90s to care about anything non-metal (except the Chilli Peppers, who as yet hadn't started to suck, and killer pre-1980s Pink Floyd).

RETRY_
Quote from Hankstar :I was just too metal in the '90s to care about anything non-metal (except the Chilli Peppers, who as yet hadn't started to suck, and killer pre-1980s Pink Floyd).

I think it was mainly because they put the bass through a valve amp turned up as far as it would go. The vocal was sweet though, she had a very unique delivery. It made her much hotter.

I had no reason to resort to metal during those years because it was one of the golden ages of English indie pop. Plus of course you had American bands like the Pixies, Dinosaur Jr, Buffalo Tom and Sonic Youth putting out great records, and some of the best rap records ever made.

If you had to listen to metal, Fishbone still had their original line-up and had decided to start knocking out metal bands across america.

Error: Thread already jacked. Jack another thread | Cancel
Sonic Youth. Awesome. I caught Smashing Pumpkins at the Melbourne V Festival earlier this year too, speaking of that era. One of the best damn gigs I've ever seen. Increasingly odd-looking Billy Corgan still rules. A lot.

Didn't really dig NAD, Wonder Stuff, Blur etc at all) until Radiohead released The Bends in '95 (96?), which eventually led me to OK Computer and my current tragic Radiohead fanboyness. I was still blasting Faith No More, Mr Bungle, Corrosion of Conformity, Fear Factory, Stone Temple Pilots among others at that time.

These days the heaviest stuff in my collection is Muse, Opeth (awesome but I rarely listen to it) and The Mars Volta (intensely heavy but without being even a tiny bit metal, it's more like devastatingly intense latino jazz-fusion prog-rock and it's listened to rather frequently).

Threadjack successful.
Please visit Off Topic front page to select another_
Quote from Hankstar :Didn't really dig NAD, Wonder Stuff, Blur etc at all) until Radiohead released The Bends in '95 (96?), which eventually led me to OK Computer and my current tragic Radiohead fanboyness. I was still blasting Faith No More, Mr Bungle, Corrosion of Conformity, Fear Factory, Stone Temple Pilots among others at that time.

All I remember about Stone Temple Pilots is that their bassist's sister was always trying to **** me, but she was a bit too ginger for her own good so she never did.

Mr Bungle were fantastic, and from what I can tell Trevor Dunn (their bassist) would probably get on quite well with both of us. He loves his music and he's a right miserable ****!
all of you are going to hell, and i bet lerts wont notice...
Every song the muse ever did sounds exactly the same. I only recently descovered Stone Temple Pilots how I missed them first time around I dunno. I must've been to into the whole indie scene to notice. Watching this conversation is like a fleeting trip through my record collection.

I found the Pixies to be a bit, well, odd tbh (and wierdly I was listening to them when I was reading this post...) - their best song "Where is my Mind" was greatly improved in the Placebo cover whilst The Pixies own version went down tempo when it was remade, Placebo also had many great songs of their own of course, in addition to the awesome cover of Kate (who wouldnt do her) Bush's Running up that Hill.

It's probably best I dont mention the heaviest stuff in my collection though, but I will - at a guess i'd say probably Mindless Self Indulgeance, Aman Amarth, or maybe Razakel - all heavy in their own way, I dont know which is heaviest - probably Arch Enemy come to think of it... ok I got quite a lot of heavy stuff.

I also like Rondo' Veneziano, go figure...
Gosh i like George Carlin

I think I'll just become a sun worshiper ^^

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG