The online racing simulator
How do I test my mod???
When i finish creating a masterpiece in the lfs editor, it tells me to get a skin ID off of this here website, but then when i get all that in place, it no longer has its "default skin" and is not available for testing or posting Frown
The file name of the default skin must start with the Skin ID - e.g. 66C0F4_default.jpg. You have to have that skin in data/skins, then select the skin in the Colours tab in the vehicle editor.
Quote from Flame CZE :The file name of the default skin must start with the Skin ID - e.g. 66C0F4_default.jpg. You have to have that skin in data/skins, then select the skin in the Colours tab in the vehicle editor.

That's extremely helpful! Thank you so much!!
It still isn't working...
I moved the files into the location you said, and i named it appropriately, but i think i may have messed up somewhere... I can no longer see my car in the editor and it keeps giving me the same message. What do i do now?
do I need some sort of editing program like photoshop
Quote from Flame CZE :The file name of the default skin must start with the Skin ID - e.g. 66C0F4_default.jpg. You have to have that skin in data/skins, then select the skin in the Colours tab in the vehicle editor.

I have the files in the right place, but I can't to figure out how to have the editor "find it" in my files... keeps giving me the same message but i can see my car again
Quote from Gutholz :What message is it?

"Could not find default skin in data/skins/e.g.A5C5S7_DEFAULT.jpg"...
what i have done so far is make sure that all of my game files and editor files are in the same place in my folders.. then i duplicated the cars default skin. Then I renamed it with correct file name, tried converting the dds file to jpg, but the editor still can't find the files.
Do i need some sort of editing software like photoshop to help resolve the issue or is it just how my files are organized??
I appreciate the help Smile)

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG