The online racing simulator
Hardware "Feedback", someone else may find this useful
I wanted to share something I just started working on, with the hope it may be useful to someone else:

https://github.com/angelalonso/lfs_addon_wheel

In short, it is an arduino with a vibration motor that gives feedback to a steering wheel by vibrating at different rates. Right now the feedback represents the RPMs.

What I have in mind for the future is to expand this to provide feedback from all four wheels (is a wheel sliding? are the springs compressing fast because I hit the Kerbs?) to help me learn to drive faster. I am not sure though that I can figure that out from the info at OutSim.

Then if this works well I will invest on some motors to add ForceFeedback to my Steering Wheel, relax and enjoy life forever.

Before anyone complains, let me give a bit of background:
- The code above works on my setup. It will not work on yours but I assume in 2023 you can research a bit on Google or even ChatGPT.
- It is the first version that works, and therefore it has a lot of things to improve. Use at your own risk.
- My setup is what makes this useful: LFS runs on a laptop on Linux, using Wine. My Steering Wheel does not have force feedback and Rumble does not work under wine. In short, this program tries to solve my issues.
- This is my hobby, I like tweaking the games I play, and being able to put this together is what interested me from LFS in the first place. The code is written in Rust because that's what I am trying to learn at the moment. I am open to ideas, though.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG