The online racing simulator
LFS Layout Streamer
(8 posts, started )
LFS Layout Streamer
A Layout streamer is an app that can load a very big layout and stream its parts
to all players connected to server, regulating the total amount of visible blocks at once,
depending on players position in the world. It uses only insim protocol.

It allows hosting layouts that are beyond 3000 blocks limit.

Read README.txt before running the tool, there is an explanation and guide.
Attached files
lfs_layout_streamer_v0.5.zip - 89.3 KB - 58 views
#2 - Racon
Great idea, I look forward to tinkering with it Smile
Version 0.6 released
The relesed version 0.5 did not run properly on all computers, I fixed it. Here is corrected version 0.6.
Make sure you set your password correctly and you provide static and dynamic layout files in the config.
Attached images
layout_files.png
layout_files_config.png
Attached files
lfs_layout_streamer_v0.6.zip - 83.7 KB - 96 views
This is how it should look when when everything is correct
Attached images
layout_streamer_correct.png
With the permission of Jake_Blasted, the author of these two layouts from AHPP - Underground Racing server,
I include static.lyt and dynamic.lyt files as a demo example.

Here is updated link: https://www.lfs.net/attachment/563553
Few things about the demo example ...

Layouts and the config file need to be amended slightly, as LFS doesn't recognise the names without a track abbreviation, so;

static.lyt should be LA1_static.lyt
dynamic.lyt should be LA1_dynamic.lyt.

Layouts need to be kept in same folder as the files in the example file (eg ../Layout Streamer) as they won't be seen if the layouts are put in the usual ../data/layouts folder.

I tried the layouts, but they were so tight and complicated, that I gave up trying to find out how the dynamic part of the layout would work. I would suggest a much simpler layout as an example - even a simple oval would do.

I was going to try amending one of my old layouts, but didn't have time today. Maybe later.

But other than that, overall, I appreciate the concept of this.
layouts are not meant to be loaded by lfs but the layoutstreamer app.
So they don't need the track name, but the demo layouts are for BL4X, I forgot to mention that.

in order to really try the streamer, layout should have more than 3000 blocks, so simple oval would not be enough. Otherwise the streamer just spawns all the blocks, if they are under limit and that's it...

I had no time to make some layout so I just combined two existing ones.

You should see two pit areas on the map... so that's where layouts are...
You can also use "o" key to teleport where your mouse points, so you can test it this way.
I fixed the filenames in example and added a map where layouts can be found.
Attached images
layouts_example_map.png
Attached files
example.zip - 29.8 KB - 98 views

LFS Layout Streamer
(8 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG