The online racing simulator
Yelp with steering wheel
(8 posts, started )
Yelp with steering wheel
Hello, I bought my S3 license about a month ago, the fact is that I played with a Logitech EX with 180 degrees of rotation, so I decided to buy a second-hand Logitech Driving Force Pro with 900 degrees of rotation, well, I was able to recover spinning and skidding much easier with the ex, I thought it would be the opposite, the more degrees of turn the greater the precision, I don't know if this has happened to all of you or is it just a matter of getting used to it or is it just that I haven't finished configuring the steering wheel well, although I installed the drivers from the logitech website and it recognizes everything without a problem, I hope for advice that I'm sure you will be able to give me a lot of, thanks.
#2 - gu3st
DFP has a fairly slow motor that can't keep up with the expanded rotation.

Even the Logitech G wheels (bar G Pro) struggle to keep up with 900 degrees to make catching slides "easy". You have to help out and rotate the wheel as well.

You may find benefit in reducing the rotation so that the motor is able to respond "faster" compared to 900deg.
Hi

I used an angle of 400° on the G27
Thanks for the answers, in certain forums I have read that street cars are only prepared for 720 degrees of turn, I left the 900 degrees thinking that it would be easier to drift and that the turn would be 1:1 like in a real car I suppose that 900º degrees are too many to run, plus I was used to my ex's 180º and the truth is that I almost had better sensations with this one than with the driving force pro, this one being much better, I will start by trying to lower the turn to 720º and as I see I will go down, in any case it is a strange sensation, what I notice strange is not that it is slow to respond, but the other way around, when the car is crossed the steering wheel turns with a lot of force to the other side and I can't get over that sensation and also It bothers me to hold the steering wheel so that it does not turn to the other side (I have the general force at 76% and in lfs between 17 to 25%, very low and even so it gives me the sensation of going too hard or the response is harsh in the turn, because in the center, until it is turned a little, the ffb is not noticeable)
I see in videos how they drive and turn the steering wheel with one finger while drifting in the game and I don't know how they manage to do that with the same steering wheel that I'm using.
I went from mouse to Logitech Momo (240°) to G27 and had similar problems to adjust. Always it seemed too slow to steer, at first.
With the G27 I used what degrees whatever numbers it showed in pit menu, it is different between cars.
I downloaded some "Figure 8" layout with cones from the forum and just slowly drove around that to get used to the feel. That seemed to help. Eventually I noticed that actually it was not necessary to turn the wheel quite as fast and much as I thought. Afterall in a real car one can not go lock-to-lock in one second either.

Also try with default cars first. Some mod cars have bit weird FFB because their suspensions are whacky.
Thanks, I see that people modify the !wheel turn compensation! parameter! and they set it to zero, of course, I understand that if you have 900º of rotation, you don't have to compensate like with my old steering wheel that only had 180º of rotation, maybe I should try setting it to zero or a low value (wheel turn compensation)
In logi driver set 104% overall and use about 15% in lfs. Start from there and then adjust ffb in lfs only for each car to what feels good for you. Yes, driving with 1:1 steering in cars with 900deg is not easy at all, but I recommend you to use 1:1 for each car. If you plan to do drifting or rallyor just fool around, then you can lower it.

To set 1:1 steering, there are 2 ways. One is manualy in logi drivers, but this is simply a hassle if you change cars often. A better way is to leave lfs do it for you. In that case, set in logi driver 900deg and in lfs set wheel turn to 900 and wheel turn compensation to 1. The only downside of automatic is that you may lose electronic endstop effect - you will be able to rotate the wheel past the rotation limit for cars that have less than 900deg, but it's not a big deal concerning the benefits.

Yelp with steering wheel
(8 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG