The online racing simulator
All My Suggestions In One Post
1-ERS System:
=============

LFS already has an energy recovery system in electric cars, so why can't we have ERS in formula cars? We can have a button for it and while we press is it uses energy and then under braking it turns temperature to energy. We can have display for it like the steering gauge as well.

2-8 Gears for Formula:
=======================

This one is there for realism and so formula cars can be quick in straights and maintain cornering speed.

3-DRS:
=======

A Button that enables DRS in our car and opens rear wing. We can have detection points and activation points in the layout editor.

4-Championship Setup:
=====================

We choose what position gives how many points and based on that we get points and so does the AI. We can choose to end season whenever. We get driver result and Team result and a tally of all our stats from the season. Speaking of teams, that leads us to the next suggestion.

5-Teams:
========

We can choose team name, team car for season, team logo, team suits and helmets and then we can choose their AI or Player drivers and create championship with it.

6-Updated AI:
=============

Basically a screen like the Player screen for the AI. We can choose their helmets, name, Number plate and in addition to this, I have created an example screen. Its not the best but it shows idea on how we can modify individual stats of the AI such as rating, experience, awareness, race craft and pace along with nationality and logo to display on mini map.

It'd be very cool to see these suggestions being implemented however some are easier than others so Its certain We won't see all of them.

Here is example for Suggestion No.#6
Attached images
Idea.jpg
Tnx for putting this together. I support suggestions 1 and 3.
Quote from rane_nbg :Tnx for putting this together. I support suggestions 1 and 3.

Why not 8th gear? Would be really effective to increase the transmission. As well as open wheelers it can also be used for semis, which have a very large transmission

I disagree with the last points though, because you're essentially asking to turn LFS into an f1 game, at that point just buy the game, LFS is a simulator which can currently be used for all kinds of things, so it would be smarter to focus improvements on all aspects, that could also bait a larger community to play
Scawen already addressed the increasing amount of gears. He would like to do it, but not at this moment due to complexity of backwards compatibility with car setups and replays.
Thanks for the responses and I agree with subUwU as most of the races I hold are with F1 cars and even though I have the F1 game, I have always wanted to have a healthy amount of games at my disposal as a sim racer.
In support of all points.

1-3 make sense for modding for sure.

Regarding 4-6:
Last update already saw an (much needed) improvement to AI. I hope Scawen will have time to improve the AI further (some time after time physics / graphics update).

A simple "championship" game mode were you can create (and save/load) a "season" with on which tracks will be raced and individually how many laps (or time) will be raced would be already great (editable point system would be great too).

Always was a fan of how the old Papyrus NASCAR / INDYCAR games had the possibility to setup a custom championship and how each AI driver had diffenrent strengths, depending on track type (short oval, speedway, super speedway, road course) and for performance in qualification and race. There was even a strength setting for the pit crew if I remember correctly.

Also their strenth varried from race to since the strength values were set as a range (min, max) and an average value within this range.
This made the whole season less predictible and gave each AI driver sort of a character.
Quote from ksa_land :In support of all points...

Would sure be very cool to see! AI does need an overhaul as right now it only drives. What I mean by that it that if youre beside it, it just ignores you and pushes you off. It ignores Blue and Yellow flags as well.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG