The online racing simulator
help my g25 shifter is only registring 1st and 2nd
So i just bought a logitech g25 and ive tried the h shifter but only the 1st gear and the 2nd gear work when i try to go in 3rd gear its just puts me in neutral and also the same with the rest including reverse maybe if someone can help me resolve this problem?
Try and figure out if its a LFS issue or something broken with the shifter itself? Does it work perfectly in other games, or in the OS settings for the controller?
In Options - Controls: set Gear shift mode: shifter
In Options - Controls - Shifter tab: make sure that all gears are assigned to the correct shifter positions.
#4 - Tazka
Quote from davidmariano69420 :So i just bought a logitech g25 and ive tried the h shifter but only the 1st...

Check that the sequential to H-pattern switch on top of the shifter is pointing to H-pattern. Calibrate the gears in LFS controller settings. Click on a gear and shift the shifter accordingly.

If this doesn't work then it can be that the wires on the shifter are bad. The wires can get loose on G25 shifters so you have to open the shifter and re-solder the wires.
Or the pots are dirty and it's not able to calibrate itself. In that case one needs to open it a spray some contact cleaner spray into the pots. You can use WD40, or some other one more specialized for electrical contacts like WD60.

Before you open, check if the gears are registered correctly in windows game controller panel. To access it, type joy.cpl in the search bar, then select your wheel and click properties.
Quote from rane_nbg :Or the pots are dirty and it's not able to calibrate itself. In that case one needs to open it a spray some contact cleaner spray into the pots. You can use WD40, or some other one more specialized for electrical contacts like WD60.

I have to stop in and comment please don't use WD40 on electronics and potentiometers as it makes the problems worse over time after the residue left behind has collected enough dirt and dust specks. Contact cleaner or denaturated alcohol is very good for cleaning out pots and let it dry or blast it with air to dry it faster.

And i'm speaking from experience, too. Big grin

I think the issue here however is what Tazka mentioned, depending on the wire that gets loose it will start reading only one gate(e.g 1st and 2nd, 3rd and 4th, 5th and 6th) on all of the gates. I also had this issue a long time ago and it's one of the more common problems of G25 shifter which was somewhat better when they ditched out the sequential/h-gate switch and mechanics.
WD40 :skull:
I'm using WD40 for pots for 20+ years, never had any issues with it. But as I said, WD60 is a better option.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG