The online racing simulator
Bavaria '02 HERITAGE
In 2009 a guy called Rob Dickinson looked at the Porsche parts shelf and decided to build the ultimate 911. He took a 964 chassis, a body made of carbon fiber, a traditional air cooled engine and lots of modern technology. The Singer 911 Reimagined was born, and with it the restomod scene.

So with this philosophy I want to create the ultimate BMW. It will be loosely based on the 02-Series but with retro-modern design and M2 measurements. There will be a six-speed manual transmission with short gearing coupled to a small displacement inline six (think M54 but higher revving). Weight will be around a ton and horsepower will be "just enough". Obviously I will make it RWD and without driving aids.

I actually drive something (kinda) similar IRL, so I will try to make a realistic handling model.

Here is a screenshot right after I started modeling. Front sort of resembles the final product, everything else is just thrown on to make a complete "box".
Attached images
lfs_00000226.jpg
This will be the final shape (missing details obviously). I wanted to keep the sharp lines of the 70's and 80's intact, while adding some retro-futuristic elements of the early 2000's. It has the typical, wide M-Car fenders mixed with some chrome elements to resemble the original 02-Series.

I tried to keep the window line relatively parallel to the ground and instead "slanted" the whole car forward to keep the design dynamic. I dislike the extremely wedged design of today's BMWs (esp. the new 1-Series).
Attached images
lfs_00000015.jpg
lfs_00000014.jpg
This is the first time I'm doing a car with a roof and interior, so I have no idea how to integrate the interior into the model without overcomplicating things. But so far it drives really well and the exterior design is coming along well.

Here are a few screenshots of it doing M-Car things. The new M2's color suits it well...
Attached images
lfs_00000230.jpg
lfs_00000232.jpg
lfs_00000233.jpg
lfs_00000235.jpg
Right now I'm trying to design the tail lights. I have two designs which I don't like Shrug

They are both inspired by the original 02. The Pokeball-shaped ones are apparently more desirable for collectors, the square ones are more common. Any suggestions?
Attached images
lfs_00000016.jpg
lfs_00000017.jpg
It's common knowledge that you can put any Y-spoke wheel on any BMW and it will look really good. So I decided to ignore this and designed a retro-looking centerlock wheel. It's inspired by early cast/forged magnesium wheels with very visible reinforcement ribs and large flat areas.

Panel gaps are added aswell and I have a placeholder interior.
Attached images
lfs_00000239.jpg
I made some more progress on the exterior. The lights are now functional and the overall shape is finalised. The front has been reworked to include elements of the E30, a visible intercooler and larger M-style vents. The rear still needs some work, as I am not happy with the lights and the bumper area needs more detail.

I also made progress in the interior. The upper dashboard is inspired by the 02, while the lower parts are closer to the F87. There is a functional (retractable with gauges) iDrive system and a "climate control" display (gears and clock, just for looks).
Attached images
lfs_00000260.jpg
lfs_00000263.jpg
lfs_00000258.jpg

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG