The online racing simulator
Unstable pings / Unstable Master server
This past week (since 05 Oct 2024) I've been getting MP Stash error followed by timeout at random, with totally stable ping. With reference to this previous thead https://www.lfs.net/forum/post/1869586#post1869586,

Get a better internet connection? 👍 2gbps fiber
Use a cable instead of wireless? 👍 cabled since birth
Don't download things in the background? 👍 nothing
Race on a server with a good connection? 👍 every server has same outcome

I've also noticed an increase in lag and timeout occurrences from seemingly random people across every server imaginable, even if that person has like 80ms ping or never had issues with persistent timeout before. This has been observed by several people the past week. Some timeouts have the 30 second red lag timer, others are instant.

For e.g, Server latency per user fluctuates around 80ms, which is insanely high compared to usual. I can't seem to remain in a server longer than 20mins, then I get timeout at random, same with others. Other times, I somehow stay in the server and have zero issues, while others get timeout.

An observation example: In JAR yesterday, with a full 45 pax server, someone was getting timed out every 5 minutes or so, and at any given time, 4-5 people in the server had red ping. In FM Fox, with around 10, one person timeout every 15 mins. The bigger the server cap, the more people get timed out.

Main question: Anyone knows what's going on with the instability? Is someone attacking the master server again? Hope this reaches people who have experienced this issue, because I'm sure it's not isolated to just me.

(sidenote: this is unrelated to my previous post about high ping from ISP. That's been resolved already)
Additional:

Yes, disabling MPR saving may help, but then that means us server mods won't be able to do our job. So that's not possible.

Additional 2:
"> Something went wrong between you and the server, so you lost connection. As we don't know what that was, we can't really help. But it's definitely not LFS's fault. The only thing that LFS can do to help is if I implemented a thing where you can rejoin a server without losing all your laps. This would be useful in endurance races."

Seeing this is suddenly affecting a noticable amount of players I doubt we all have ISP or connection issues coincidentally at the same time.

In short, I am telling you something's not right. However you wish to deal with that information is out of my control, but I'd (or we'd in this case) would like to see some sort of remedy or at least a true explaination to this. Because I doubt any of the upcoming winter series leagues would like to be in the fallout of this.

Sincerely,
concerned lfs player

C'mon, there has to be some explanation, what's this radio silence... Every single server's like this - totally random people get lagged out just like a DDoS would. Not fun.
-
(MicroSpecV) DELETED by MicroSpecV

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG